Big-Ass Meeting From Hell

[Balance Without Fault] [folks, clarification — sorry if this shuts anyone out, but of the Garou, only Tribal and Auspice alphas are invited. of the kin, everyone can come.]

[Balance Without Fault] Unsurprisingly, the Brotherhood of Thieves is the venue for tonight’s meeting. The restaurant has been closed, the front door locked and hung with a PRIVATE PARTY sign. The tables and chairs have been rearranged into a large circle.

Balance Without Fault enters alone, unaccompanied by his packmate or the Warder. In true Glass Walker fashion, he’s in suit and tie; he looks crisp and sharp, and it’s just a little jarring to see him like this. So normal, like a trader from the Chicago Stock Exchange coming for an after-work drink.

He takes one of the two wingback chairs. The other is immediately cleared away. That says something about how much this is or isn’t a casual discussion where rank does not factor in. Hint: it isn’t. He confers quietly with Jenny for a moment, then, who leaves the room and soon returns with … a magic eight-ball, of all things.

Those nearby can hear her ask, “Will this do?” They can see Balance Without Fault’s mouth quirk into an amused smile as he accepts it.

“Perfect,” he says.

And then he claps his hands together, three time, calling for attention.

“Welcome, everyone. Thanks for coming. Here are the rules tonight: one speaker at a time. He or she who holds the magic eight ball,” and he holds this aloft, “speaks. No one else.

“Keep a respectful tone, particularly to those of greater rank. For those of equal rank, the Auspice Council holds precedence over the Tribal Alphas. For kin, those with renown hold precedence over those without.

“In case of dispute, we will not go to challenges because of the mixed crowd. A Philodox will be called upon to mediate. If mediation fails, I am the final arbiter.

“Anyone violating these rules once will be given one warning, and one only. After that, you’re out of the meeting, and your viewpoint will be disregarded. The staff has kindly set up refreshments in the kitchen. If you feel yourself getting hot under the collar, go get a drink and come back when you’re calmer.

“Now — settle in, everyone. The meeting will formally begin in,” a glance at his wristwatch, “five minutes.”

[okay folks, go ahead and post in if you want to! otherwise we’ll just assume you’re here. BwF will open the floor shortly!]

[Balance Without Fault] [erp, change that to read: “After that, you’re out of the meeting, your viewpoint will be disregarded, and appropriate judgment will be rendered.”]

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Not posting in]]

[August Grant] August had arrived early. She wanted a good seat. By some reason – she thought that this might end up turning into a good show – and she wanted to be in the front row.

The Coggie kinfolk had dressed up for this evening. She wore a soft pink colored sweater with a V-neck, a pair of skinny jeans and dark brown heeled boots. She no longer attempted to hide her belly which was beginning to swell. There was no point any longer. And, against one shoulder, her little one, Ella, slept peacefully. {Who was gonna watch the kid afterall, all the kinfolk were here!}

She really had no intention of saying anything – she was just here to listen. And maybe eye a certain young man who she kinda had a crush on.

[Leon Davenport] Leon arrived at the meeting, not entirely sure if he should be there but being there nonetheless. He had annonced that he was gonig to take the Glass Walkers kin under his protection and no one challenged him. So, guess it means he was the tribe’s Elder in some way. If not, well Balance Without Fault will kick him out. Better to presume tonight than miss honoring your duties.

He was dressed nicely, in a dark, striped suit with a blue shirt and tie. He walked in, looking around, bowing slightly to BWF and Lukas, nodding to to Gina and Jackson, mostly ignoring the rest. Either he didn’t know them or..didn’t care to acknowledge them.

[Rain McKellar] August had company in the early arrivals. Another Unicorn, this one with dark hair and no babe in arms. The songbird is bereft of her usual company, no dark case at her side, no voice to share with the others. She’s wearing her best, dark jeans and a neatly pressed white button down. Though her warmth could be infectious, could spread to fill a room even this wide and this full of faces, Rain kept that charisma and that smile and that presence quiet tonight. She takes her seat with her Tribe, folds her hands in her lap, and watches the others filter in and settle themselves.

[Joey] [I won’t be posting Quinn in unless she has something to say, but she’s there!]

[Balance Without Fault] As soon as Balance lays eyes on August’s baby, he beckons Jenny over. The Fianna kinswoman bends as the Grand Elder lifts his chin, speaking directly to her ear. After a moment she nods, walks across the floor, and offers August an apologetic smile.

“Miss, the Grand Elder wanted me to take your baby upstairs for a few hours. There’s a lotta Rage in here and we don’t want your little one havin’ nightmares. I’ll leave her with Reuben; she’ll be in good hands.”

[Izzy Montoya] Unsurprisingly, it’s the goddamn Brotherhood Of motherfucking Thieves where they decide to have this little powwow. Izzy can count the number of times she’s willingly set foot in this establishment since her imprisonment here on one hand. Hell, on two fingers if she counts this time, though it’s not exactly willingness that has her here. It might be considered curiosity, but more likely it’s a simple thing:

Kora asked. Izzy came.

It says something, that. She’s a respect for The Jarl, (Not her[i] jarl, [i]the jarl. A minute difference that means something to Izzy alone), for the Last Watch. She’s dressed as she always is – business casual, with her weapon a bulge at the small of her back under her blazer, her hair down, her expression… well. Expressionless, other than a slight jump of the muscle at the hinge of her jaw, where she clenches her teeth together briefly, sets her jaw, lifts her chin and enters.

And gets a drink. No way is she sitting through this stone cold sober. No fucking way.

[Hunter] Hunter Matthews stalks through the door with his pack-mate and a certain bone-gnawer kin while everyone is still milling around. Seats are taken, Hunter remains silent.

[Balance Without Fault] [folks, it was pointed out to me that kieran was the only uktena in town, and ergo the default uktena alpha. if anyone has him in AIM, call him back in!]

[Gina McClaren] *Gina’d come home late, but that hadn’t stopped the pikey from being in the kitchen and underfoot since early morning. The more time she spent at Jenny’s elbow, the more likely it was the saintly blonde would let slip the secrets to her cranberry oat-muffins. As folks file in the Strider pickpocket finally emerges from the kitchen, long hair bound in a messy loop off her neck, floury hand marks on the dull black of her skirt, tank top askew, a smudge of icing sugar across a caramel shoulder. She hops up on a stool near the back, as far removed from those of her tribe as she can get. God knew her voice would carry if she had anything to say in earnest. Those she knows get nods of recognition, and a worn smile.*

[Carter Roth] Carter is present, but he remains close to the exit his hands deep within his pockets and his eyes wary and mistrustful, he didnt know what this was all about and he didnt like it one bit.

But he was here, as a test of himself and a test of the garou, to see what they were up to. He couldn’t very well pass up that now could he.

[Carter is here, but I may not be going to be on and off]

[Rosie] The certain Bone Gnawer kinfolk finds a seat near or by or somewhere in the vicinity of Hunter. She sits: quiet and unobtrusive.

[Amunet Knezevic] Amunet made her way in quietly, several minutes before the meeting was to start. She’s in her own jacket, and the iPad has been left at the condo. She remembers very few times in her life when she has been this nervous. When so much has been riding on a single night.

Moving to the far side of the room, she finds a spot where she can watch the comings and goings, back against the wall to protect herself from surprises. Her eyes flicker around the room as it populates, but the only one they rest on more than a second or two is her sister.

[Holden] A grizzly bearded Fenrir takes a seat out of the way, he doesn’t suppose he will have much to say so the distance does him well.

[August Grant] Oh good! Someone to watch the baby! August likes Jenny – afterall, they spent a lot of time hanging out in the kitchen when August lived here..

The young woman gives Jenny a smile. “Of course.. I didn’t have anyone else to watch her.. Thank you. Tell Reuben she might be hungry..” Ella gets a kiss on the side of her head and the baby is lifted from her arms and offered out to the kin.. a moment later, the diaper bag is also offered out.

[Starla Navarro] There is a painted Unicorn that has joined the others, Starla following on Rain’s heels easily, ducking her head down as she finds a seat next to her tribe mate. Dark head lifting to look around, skirting her eyes across the room at the faces that were familiar and not; the freckles dance across the bridge of her nose and her left cheek. She tucks her hands in her lap, leaning to the side to nudge Rain’s shoulder with her own.

[Kyle] (Not going to post for Kyle unless he has something to say or someone asks him questions other wise he’s just doing his usual watch and listen routine ­čÖé )

[Bridget Geroux] The Canadian Fianna kinfolk finds herself at this gathering in her usual state of confusion. She doesn’t look quite like she knows what’s going on. However, she doesn’t appear to be under the influence of anything. She wears a simple black maxi dress, gathered at the waist by a beat-up leather belt, a hunter green jacket covering her bare shoulders, and of course her combat boots.

Bridget finds a place to sit where she can stretch her legs: she knows she’ll probably want to fidget if the Rage gets a bit much. She also wisely follows Izzy’s lead by getting herself a small glass of whiskey. She returns and smiles at the few here she recognizes and is on good terms with: Hunter, Gina, Kyle, Sarita. The Fianna kinswoman does her best to control the feral urges to move around while surrounded by so much Rage.

[Kora] A cool spring evening; spring already, light lingering in the west far longer than she had remembered. The heavily pregnant Fenrir – eight months, perhaps more? – pushes past the private party signs, into the familiar restaurant interior. Her hair is twisted into a loose braid, strands pulled free by the wind. Kora is slower than she was; careful of her body. She walks with her shoulders pulled further back to balance the weight of her stomach. Which is all the more evident when she strips off her winter coat and sets it aside on a coat tree, wrapping a hand-knitted scarf around it in a winding pattern.

She finds her way among her kin, but does not take a seat. Instead, she remains standing at their back, her feet shoulder-width apart, her arms crossed – below her breasts, above the swell of her stomach. There is an expectant tension in her spine and shoulders, and a firm set to her jaw.

[Derek Anderson] Derek came in, dressed in pants and sweater, his kind blue eyes looking around. He bowed respectfully to Balance Without Fault, did the same for Lukas and walked around, greeting those he knew a little with a nod: Hunter, Amunet, Gina, Matthieu and Jackson when the last two arrive.

He nodded and smiled slightly at Sarita when he see her. Izzy received a grin when he pass her by “Hello Detective”

His attention then was on August and Rain, offering htem a warm smile and walking to them “Good evening ladies, I hope you’re doing well”

[Danicka Musil] [I’m totally making Damon post Danicka in with Lukas. I’m in the middle of eating. :p ]

[Wyrmbreaker] Punctual, Lukas arrives moments before Balance lays down the protocol for the meeting. And not in his own car but in Danicka’s, riding shotgun while scarfing down the last of whatever dinner they went out to. Looks like lamb-stuffed cabbage.

Getting out, anyone looking out the windows can see him stepping out of her car, buttoning his overcoat against the wind. He moves ahead to get the door; she laughs, running a few steps after him, which makes him turn around, which gives her the opportunity to lean up and wipe a dab of tomato-based sauce from his cheek. And kiss him.

Public displays of affection out of his system, Wyrmbreaker is somber and dignified, walking in the door. He sees that his wingback chair is taken, the other cleared away. He goes to sit by the bar instead, where Danny hovers with a nervous grin.

“No drinks here tonight, Mr. Wyrmbreaker. Grand Elder says all the food and alcoholic drink is to be served in the kitchen. Nothing but ice water here.”

Lukas huffs a laugh under his breath. “Not a problem, Danny.” He takes a seat on a barstool, shifting one a little closer for Danicka.

[Matthieu] Matthieu arrives on time, even a little early. Ever the peacock the lovely Silver Fang arrives just in time to display the finely crafted suit that he has doubtless poured six months of your average man’s salary into getting each and every thread just right. His entrance was as much a display of his tribes divine right as it was a display of his own natural beauty. Not only was he the representative of his Auspice on the council now but he also stood as Alpha of Harrier’s grace. He was a living representative not only of his tribe but his house as well. Ever regal and dignified. His skin was smooth and pale and his hair looked as if it had been kissed by the golden rays of the sun itself. Falcon’s child carried with him the legacy of a house, and the history and hopes of an entire nation.

He listened to Balances without Fault and nods in agreement with the rules. He was here to listen, and to speak when it was needed. Tradition would be the focus of his reasons for being here. Support of tradition and remembrance of ancient ways. His blood ran hot with the memories of a past tens of thousands of years old. A creature of the modern world and yet still firmly grounded in the wisdom of eras ling since passed.

He keeps his eyes forward most of the time. However, when he is finally seated his eyes do drift somewhere to the back. His eyes drawing in to focus on the Strider kin hiding in the back. Pausing to give his own acknowledgement of her presence. His eyes take the time to wander, perhaps linger, and the act brings a slight smile to his lips a smile which might or might not be shared by the both of them. None the less… His eyes were hard pressed to pull themselves away, and in fact he didn’t see any reason to draw them away until the meeting officially started.

[Joey] Joey enters with Hunter and his kinswoman, but once they’re through the door departs their company to sit closer to the rest of the auspice council. A smile is offered to those she recognizes, dim compared to what it used to be, an upward nod to Balance Without Fault, and Lukas.

Once she’s settled, she seeks out Hunter, meets his gaze, and grins.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks a little bit intimidated, all things considered, as he walks into the meeting. He finds a place to sit. His shirt is a lovely shade of light purple; his jeans are black. His flip-flops, a lovely shade of maroon. Lukas’ words make his head swivel, and his eyes widen. Food? No… ice water. He slumps slightly, disappointed, as he waits for everything to begin.*

[Balance Without Fault] [Sorry for the confusion – “no drinks here tonight” was spoken by Danny, bartender kid NPC kin! I’ll try to keep all my NPCing in this name.]

[Delilah Marciano] Back of the room, quiet as a dormouse; the Glass Walker makes an appearance. Dark hair gathered up from her shoulders, she sits alone at one of the tables in the back of the room, whichever was closest to the front. The phone in her hand muted as she set it on the table, dressed in dark charcoal pantsuit with red pinstripe. Silvery gaze focused on those around her.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ahh hell. *smacks forehead* My bad.))

[Balance Without Fault] When everyone has settled, Balance Without Fault picks up the magic eightball and speaks again.

“Okay, let’s come to order. Some of you might be wondering why this meeting was called. The reason is simple: over the last month, there have been more rumors and murmurs of kin discontent than in the past five years. Furthermore, there’s been a troubling trend toward Kin thinking of themselves as separate and distinct from the Garou when we are all part of the same Nation. I wanted to dispel the rumors, clear the air, set a basic infrastructure down, and move on from tonight as a re-unified force.

“With that in mind, let’s hear from the kin first. What exactly are your concerns or complaints at the moment?”

He tosses the eightball toward the first kin to call for it.

[Adamidas] Adam slips in and, for the time being, keeps her mouth shut. She doesn’t draw attention to herself, or the fact that she left the bathroom with a pop and keeps herself quietly nestled in.

[Balance Without Fault] [For latecomers who missed it, this was BwF’s protocol post —

“Welcome, everyone. Thanks for coming. Here are the rules tonight: one speaker at a time. He or she who holds the magic eight ball,” and he holds this aloft, “speaks. No one else.

“Keep a respectful tone, particularly to those of greater rank. For those of equal rank, the Auspice Council holds precedence over the Tribal Alphas. For kin, those with renown hold precedence over those without.

“In case of dispute, we will not go to challenges because of the mixed crowd. A Philodox will be called upon to mediate. If mediation fails, I am the final arbiter.

“Anyone violating these rules once will be given one warning, and one only. After that, you’re out of the meeting, and your viewpoint will be disregarded. The staff has kindly set up refreshments in the kitchen. If you feel yourself getting hot under the collar, go get a drink and come back when you’re calmer.”]

[Amunet Knezevic] [Dibs, unless anyone is going to claim it?]

[Balance Without Fault] [whoever types fastest, man.]

[Balance Without Fault] [and on that note, since we’re a scene of twenty-seven right now — let’s try to keep posts short and snappy. i know i’m one of the chief offenders here, but i’m really going to try to keep responses to

[Joey] [yeah that’s pretty short!]

[Amunet Knezevic] “Balance Without Fault Rhya.” Deep breath, Ames. “My name is Amunet Knezevic. I am that one that placed the notice on the board, and the one who has been organizing the willing kinfolk. I believe that this in part may be the cause of the perception of discontent. I would like to clear up any confusion, as our intentions may not be as clear as they should be.”

[Balance Without Fault] [okay, i changed my mind — go ahead and call dibs if you have a longer post to type so you don’t lose your chance. but i’m gonna say you have 10 min from the time you call dibs to get it out, just to keep things moving!]

Balance nods. “Let’s hear it.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[She says she’s almost done, it’s a biggie!]]

[Danicka Musil] The Happy Couple — and frankly, they are, however smirkingly saccharine the nomenclature — comes in together, but they leave their more obvious public displays of affection at the door. Danicka is wearing a knee-length gray skirt and knee-high black heels, beneath which are a pair of stockings that extend a little higher than the boots themselves. Her peacoat is doffed when she comes in, hung over the back of a chair no one is using that’s been shoved over by the bar. Underneath is a casual, gauze-thin sweater of seafoam green, laid atop the hint of a camisole. There’s a white applique in some abstract pattern to one side of chest of the sweater, but all of this is just [window] dressing.

Danicka Musil is not the most renowned Kinswoman in Chicago. Not by far. But she is the most renowned Kinfolk here. The Garou, if they ever mention her to each other, if the spirits ever talk about her, don’t talk much about how many fomori she’s killed or that one time she shot a zombie or so forth. She’s known to be brave, to be a Good Kinswoman. Mostly, she’s known to be wise. Granted, when she comes up, it’s hardly even by name. Garou call her Wyrmbreaker-rhya’s mate. And they say that Wyrmbreaker-rhya’s mate is clever, isn’t she? Oh yes, I’ve heard she’s a bit of a bright one.

It’s childish. It’s condescending. But that she is known to be anything at all beyond the mate of an Adren who has not yet given him a child, and that her reputation is solid as a Good Kin is impressive at all. She can’t cast rites, she can’t learn gifts. She can just be… a clever little thing. Good job, Wyrmbreaker. Now stop dicking around and knock her up.

When the magic 8-ball is first offered to the kin, it’s Amunet — rightly so — who reaches for it. Danicka, perhaps there just as a show of support for her comrades, perhaps just because she’s supposed to be there and she’s obedient, turns her eyes towards the Strider she met with last night, her murky green eyes interested. Thoughtful.

[Amunet Knezevic] “My intention is to gather the interested kinfolk in a network that will help the Trueborn, not work against them. Among the first concerns that are being addressed are training and information.”

Her eyes flicker to Sarita, then back to Balance. “It is necessary for us to be able to contact one another easily, not only in emergencies but in everyday circumstances where one of us may need another’s expertise. One of the first projects will be a listing of the kin and their contact information. This will be heavily guarded, not because I don’t want the information to be accessible but because I understand the danger of this type of thing getting into the wrong hands. Cordelia and Jackson have volunteered to begin this process, and to make sure that the information is secure.”

Our second focus is going to be self defense training. We are human, at the end of the day. We can’t count on the Trueborn to be our protectors when they have a war to fight. Carter has extensive self defense training, and he has offered to run a boot camp of sorts for those who are interested. As with everything that we are working toward, it will be voluntary. I don’t want to force any kin to join us, or accept any sort of training except for the third focus.”

She stops for breath. “I would like to see every kin trained in basic first aid. This accomplishes two purposes. Should any of us be injured, there will likely be someone close by to help. Again, we are human. We don’t heal ourselves, and we are out in the world. The dangers that we face come not only from our enemies, but from the people that we are surrounded with every day.

I’ve seen an amazing number of Trueborn that are more than willing to step up and heal a kin that is injured. This is honorable, but wasteful. Again, we are at war. We could be attacked at any time, and should that happen, which of the kin would be responsible for sapping a Trueborn’s gnosis by being healed out of panic or unnecessarily. Prepared kin are kin that are not a drain on the Nation’s resources.”

Her fingers run in her hair nervously, and she licks her bottom lip before continuing. “I’ve been in a Sept that was attacked. I have a clearer understanding of what happens than some of the kin do. I watched kin die, because no one was able to triage them. I watched kin die, because they had all become complacent and lazy and spoiled by well meaning Trueborn. I have friends here. I don’t want to see the same thing happen again. That is why I’ve made this move. That is why these three goals are my first”

[Balance Without Fault] “That’s all well and good,” Balance replies as the eightball comes back to him, “and I’m glad to hear you’re trying to organize the kin. See to it that the Warder has a list of these kin and contacts as well. Areas of specialization, too, if possible. We had something like that for a while, but the parties responsible for its maintenance drifted off.

“Regarding self defense and basic first aid — that sounds like a wise investment. We’ve got a few kin who are accomplished physicians. You might want to get their input. As for self defense, Imogen Slaughter’s known to be a crack shot. Izzy Montoya and Derek Anderson are both with the police; surely they know how to handle a gun as well. You might want to seek their services as well.

“But all that aside — Amunet, you’ve told me everything that’s working. Or that you want to be working, at least. I’m asking why I keep hearing murmurs of discontent.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Some of the kin that have shown interest are not content, Rhya. Trueborn have become accustomed to dictating to us, and the kin have become accustomed to allowing it. Not only here, but other places where several of the new kin have come from, bringing their biases with them. This has bred discontent. I am in no way suggesting that we should be treated as equals. The fact is that we are not. I would suggest though that we are kept informed, so that when decisions are made and passed down, they do not seem arbitrary and dictatorial. Your kin are willing to work together with the Trueborn, Rhya. We just need a path to follow.”

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault considers Amunet a moment. Then he sweeps a glance around the room.

“I don’t want to put you under a microscope this early in the night, Amunet.” Maybe that’s a joke. The half-smile says it is. He raises his voice, “Let’s hear from someone other than Amunet. Kinfolk of Maelstrom, this might be one of the few or only times in your life that the Elder Council and the Tribal Alphas of an entire Sept are gathered, silent, with open ears — waiting to hear from you.

“If you’ve got issues, bring them forward.”

[Jackson Montgomery] [[DIBS!]]

[Izzy Montoya] She hadn’t intended to talk. In fact, she hadn’t intended to make a sound at all, but at that, she snorts. Audibly. But that is all, as she starts the ritual search through her pockets for her cigarettes and lighter. she finds both – but doesn’t put them to use other than to keep her hands busy.

After all – smoking inside is against the law.

[Jackson Montgomery] He stands, perhaps unexpectedly, and goes to claim the magic 8-Ball. “I think, if I can speak to this, that a lot of the reported discontent is simple due to the fact that some of the initial ideas being brainstormed are coming out and they aren’t even formalized yet. And some Garou have been volunteering their involvement…which is great. There’s been an impression that this is quickly becoming Garou vs. kinfolk, and that’s not the case.

“The thing is, when a lot of Garou get heavily involved in this, even in the planning stage, it belies the fact that it goes right back to the idea that the kinfolk are relying on the Garou instead of standing on their own. I’ve been talking a lot with Amunet about this, and we’ve come up with some good ideas. And at no point are we trying to push this into two separate factions. But the old saying goes, too many cooks spoil the soup, and there are a lot of kinfolk even as it is with very different viewpoints. We absolutely plan to make this a thing where we’re all involved in the same mission, but we need an actual plan in place for what we’re doing before we start implementing that and integrating it with the Garou side.”

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault’s eyes swing immediately to Izzy. When he gets the eightball back, he tosses it toward her.

“You sounded like you wanted to be heard, Izzy. Let’s hear it.”

[August Grant] August shifted in her chair. It was slightly uncomfortable for her to sit in the same position for too long these days. A slender hand rubbed at the side of her belly – perhaps where a persistent foot was intent on kicking her. She didn’t say anything.

No matter the extent of her past issues with this Sept.. in her mind, all were resolved as well as they could be at the moment. And, given that her cheating, lying, deadbeat, no good, s-o-b of a former mate had fled, she was a happy camper. Her gaze did shift to her tribesmate as he stood, however.

[Nash] Oh crap when did he get here.

Nash, who most here don’t recognize but for the breeding that pegs him as one of Fenris’s Kin, slips in quietly as Amy is discussing her desire to see Kinfolk trained in first aid. He works his way around the room to stand near Kora and tries to get his happy ass caught up while his player does paperwork.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He watches, back and forth. From Amy, to Jackson, and then to Izzy. Waiting, really, curious about all of this.*

[Izzy Montoya] She arches a brow, ups both her cigarettes and lighter into one hand and still catches the 8ball with a negligent ease. There are some things that become inherrant when one works in a male dominated workplace – like catching random objects being thrown at her.

She waits a moment, then two. She doesn’t look to Kora for permission as some might. She looks to no one – which is not unexpected from anyone that knows her in anyway at all. She is, and always will be, her own person. He wants to hear it. So he does.

“It’s bullshit. You sit there and say you want to hear, you want to fuckin’ listen, and it’s all fuckin’ bullshit. Not a one of you give two shits about what we do or don’t do, unless it directly involves you. Not a one gives two shits about what we might have to do for you in our jobs, what we might have to compromise in order to save your fuckin’ asses in a world you think you’re above – even while declaring you want to fuckin’ save it. Not a one of you.. not even Kora, whom I’ve grown to respect, did shit all when I was beat by one of you, imprisoned here of all fuckin’ places, and sent to work with injuries so severe that half my department wanted to come after whoever had fucked me up with guns blazing. Not a one of you gives two fuckin’ shits – and this is all a fuckin’ sham.”

He hears it. Both barrels.

She points at Amy. “That bitch has been lookin to get her goose cooked since she got here. And the latest scheme? Good god. she’s gonna get us all fuckin’ killed. And likely not by the enemy. Discontent.” she snorts again. “I won’t fuckin talk for anyone else – and don’t you dare speak for me either, I can get my ass beat all by myself – it doesn’t matter what you say here. In the end – you all will do what you want, and I’ll do my fuckin job just as I always have, and do a goddamn good job of it. I’ll cover my ass, your ass, everyone’s ass who I can manage to cover – but don’t expect me to believe that – for one fuckin second – you give a good goddamn what happens in the world we have to travel through every goddamn day. You don’t. You haven’t yet – and one night won’t make it so.”

To her credit though – not once does she raise her voice. If anything.. she sounds… tired.

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs!]

[Balance Without Fault] “Keep your tone respectful,” Balance says evenly. “That’s your only warning.”

That’s all he says for now. He lobs the eightball toward Danicka.

[Gina McClaren] *Restless as Striders were wont to be, Gina hops down from her stool, sashays into the kitchen, and fetches herself a couple of deep-fried wontons filed with hazelnut chocolate and cream cheese.
She pads back into the room midway through the detective’s speech, and settles on her stool once more.

Izzy finishes up, and Gina’s expression darkens a moment.

Then the detective has to use those finely honed reflexes again in short order. As a pikey whistles sharply then overhand tosses a wonton to the weary Fenris kin. Whether in agreement or simply in a bid to get her to cram it – only the guttersnipe herself knows.*

[Nash] Nash claps a few times after Izzy finishes. Not a purposefully sarcastic Slow Clap, but it is a bit on the slow side anyway. He seems to be favoring his right wrist. It lasts a few seconds, and then he stops at the Grand Elder’s warning to keep a respectful tone.

[Hunter] Holden wanders through the room to stand next to Nash and the other Fenrir. He gives a nod to the equally tall man from the north [south] along with a grin of approval.

[Hunter] [OOPS]

[Izzy Montoya] She catches the wonton. Easily.

And manages not to point out that she WAS respectful. For her.

[Danicka Musil] Everyone in the room is free to judge according to their own perspectives what it says about Danicka that when Balance Without Fault lobs the 8-ball at her, she doesn’t even try to catch it. She actually flinches somewhat out of the way, and it’s Lukas who snatches the thing out of the air, handing it to her. Some will call her oblivious that she doesn’t seem chagrined or embarrassed as she takes it from him. She’s a slender sort, not remotely athletic from the look of her.

Sometimes Garou hear of what she’s done to minions of the Wyrm, see her, say, Her?

Holding the ball in cupped palms, she speaks up for the first time, her tone clear and level. She addresses Balance Without Fault. “A lot of what Detective Montoya just said is true. Amunet, as well. We aren’t… like you,” she says, though in a tone that suggests even she realizes how weak that statement is, how far it falls from encompassing the truth. “No matter how much we care about our families, about the world we live in, or about the war — and I think all of us do care, though to wildly different degrees and in different ways — we don’t form ourselves naturally into packs. We are not asked to give everything, a hundred percent, to fighting this war. For Garou, the war is everything. Anything else is marginalized, because it has to be.

“For Kinfolk,” she goes on, “it’s the opposite. We live our lives. I go to school, Detective Montoya goes to the precinct, August feeds and diapers her children, Gina dances, we all… have a life. The war, however important it is to us individually, often comes as an intrusion to the rest of who we are and what we do.”

Danicka quiets for a small pause, clears her throat, but doesn’t give up the 8-ball. “Sometimes when we get hurt, Garou come running. Sometimes they don’t. Sometimes when there’s a fight on our doorstep, we have to fight it because there’s no way to run fast enough. Other times we have to give it up as though that’s the natural, only course of action.” Another beat, this one for effect more than to breathe. “The truth of what Detective Montoya says is this: most, if not all Garou, spend the majority of their time focused on things that have nothing to do with us. We are expected to carry on by ourselves without them, unless they show up. And if they do show up, usually without warning and sometimes even without need, we are expected to drop everything to obey them.

“-Rhya, all of us have our own prejudices and biases and differing levels of committment — as well as angst. All of us care. But the discontent comes when we are kept to the sides all of the time, then told to shut up and submit the moment a garou ten or twenty years our junior shows up and acts like they’re our protector. I think what Amunet and her alliance are trying to do is to increase our involvement so that at least the marginalization is lessened. But the discontent is already there. The frustration. The affront, frankly.”

She stops there. She could go on. But she’s talked a great deal, and she silences for now.

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs]

[Danicka Musil] [Other times we have to give it up and let the Garou fight for us as though that’s the natural, only course of action. GAH!]

[Kora] Nash comes in; the Skald gives him a side glance. It lingers a long moment longer than it otherwise might; then her attention is back on the center of the room. The thin cotton of her extra-long tunic pulls over her shoulders, muscles bunching with a subtle tension, mostly withheld. Her long braid swings down the dip of her spine. A faint lift of her chin, watching Holden weave through the room to join the tribe; a brief glance in Gina’s direction follows after, before her attention returns to the center of the room, following the movement of the eight-ball to Danicka. Once, she shifts positions. Widens her stance, leans further back, relieving some of the unending pressure on her spine. Uncrosses and recrosses her arms.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget sighs when it comes around her direction, careful to look at the eight ball when she holds it up. “Balance Without Fault Rhya, thank you for putting it in the light that we are all a part of the Nation. My name is Bridget Geroux. I know that every Sept is different, and I don’t have any expectations, but the Sept I am from is much smaller. We know each other well, and there is structure. Here, I don’t see the unity. I see reluctance, pain, anguish, and I see anger and pride disconnecting us from one another. Kin from kin, kin from tribesmen… and I wouldn’t presume to understand what goes on among Garou, but if that same disconnect exists on that level… it worries me.”

“And despite the recent bonding efforts to organize the kinfolk, I see a disconnect there as well. It’s a great idea, a great application, a wise and honorable action, but even with the application, I notice those same destructive traits. Just last week, I noticed a separation when a well-meaning Garou was not trying to interfere, but possibly trying to bridge gaps between Garou and kinfolk within Amunet’s… organization, fellowship. Whatever it will be called. And the way she jealously guards it and some others have just jumped on without gauging the situation seems too much like a Jonestown situation to me.”

Bridget takes a breath, exercising great efforts not to swear or fidget. “Maybe this is my own experience, but since I’ve moved here I have never felt more disconnected to my tribe despite my attempts to bridge gaps. At what point should I just go about my business, despite everything my father taught me? I’m… going to open myself up here and speak as truly as I possibly can, but it hurts me to have such a tentative relationship with the other Fianna.”

“This is all perhaps touching on the path Amunet spoke of, but I wouldn’t presume to speak for anyone but myself. I’m not good with a gun or first aid, but I know how to survive in the wilderness with nothing… I know how to work crowds, to work a public social setting. I know I’m not useless, but I feel that way when it comes to the Nation when my offers and talents are dismissed so quickly and without regard to its usefulness. I know how to stand well enough on my own, and I’ve done as much as I can to contribute… but I feel as if there is no point when I’m told to stay inside, discouraged from doing what I’m good at, and still held at such a distance. It’s all too condescending.”

Bridget looks to Izzy now, then sighs. “In a lot of ways, I feel exactly like no one gives a damn whether or not we all rot, what we have to go through or put up with and barely even a hint of recognition, if any of that even matters. I feel like many of us are just a bunch of wild things kept in guilded cages. If you keep any living thing from doing what it’s supposed to do, that’s not a life worth living. I don’t know what else to do but be discontent when I’m expected to stay out of the woods, don’t go make music or connections, don’t spend so much time out in the world doing what I do. I can follow orders, do what needs to be done, but I’m not a machine.”

[Balance Without Fault] [dibs!]

[Balance Without Fault] “I want to take a moment to clarify the purpose of this meeting.

“Jackson, I heard you about needing to get the kin coalition in order before plugging it into the grander framework of the Nation. I agree. Bridget, Izzy, I’ve heard from you both that the way things are going in the coalition are not optimal at the moment. But we’re not here to discuss the kinfolk coalition alone. We should address it more thoroughly, and we will — in a moment.

“We’re not here to discuss how Garou interface with the world, either, Izzy. We’re not here to change the way Garou and kin interact, because that — as Danicka points out — has been set for thousands of years. As you yourself have pointed out, it won’t change in a night.

“As much as you may feel downtrodden and unappreciated, realize that every last Garou in this room, on this planet, will die before age thirty. And they give this sacrifice so that you have a human world to interface in, just as you sacrifice your job and career and human life to support these Garou. The sacrifice goes both ways. And while you might not like it, we are in the end Gaia’s army. There is a ranking order, and it is dictated, ultimately, by our renown.

“But I digress. What we can do, what I want to do here tonight — specifically, without speaking in broad terms and vagueries — is to address points of discontent amongst the kin. I have specific incidents in my mind that I want to discuss, but I want to hear from the kin first.

“If nothing else, no matter how she brought it up — Izzy has noted some sources of discontent for herself. For that, I thank you, Detective Montoya.

“She Who Offers Sorrow, your kinfolk has raised an complaint about the way she’s been treated in the past. She says she’s been beaten and unfairly imprisoned. See to her concerns. If you decide her past punishment was just, then so be it. If it was unjust, make amends as you best see fit.

“Before we move on to other topics, are there any other specific grievances the kin wish to bring forth?”

[Rain McKellar] [Dibs, please!]

[Danicka Musil] Her eyes flick to the Grand Elder when he brings her up, gives at least one interpretation of what she said. She doesn’t ask for the 8-ball again though.

[Balance Without Fault] [erp. “will MOST LIKELY die before age thirty.” seeing as how BWF is like… 45.]

[Carter Roth] [Dibs after Rain]

[Jackson Montgomery] [[“You’re all gonna die before 30…except me. For I am Elite.”]]

[August Grant] {Very short dibs after Rain + Carter}

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita could be accused, often, of not taking things seriously enough. When your deed name is “Echoes of Laughter,” it’s a natural course of people’s thoughts on how you will react. She’s stayed quiet here, sitting near her Alpha and watching…listening. She doesn’t give anyone a particularly strong reaction when they speak. Amy gets a slight smile; Izzy a little frown. The others, she remains even-tempered, thoughtful.

The Strider is doing her best to listen and learn. She’s not even tapping her toe to some sort of tacky dance pop crap.

[Rain McKellar] The girl who rises to claim the magic eight ball next has nothing in her blood that calls out to her Tribe. She has no renown among them. Cloistered as she is with the rest of Unicorn’s kin, this gives some suggestion as to her allegiances.

Catching the eight-ball is only part of the struggle, here. And before she addresses the Grand Elder, her glance slides sideways to the Fenrir Jarl. Her shoulders square, and she calms herself a bit.

“Mr. Grand Elder, sir,” she begins, and her voice rises easily above the gathering. Unexpectedly warm. Captivating, it calls attention to her in ways that might surprise them.

“My name is Rain McKellar, and before I was kin to Unicorn’s chosen, I was Lost.” She says this plainly. “The places I have been treated their kinfolk much differently than here, and I appreciate that you have called us together and allowed us to air our concerns.

“I have no complaints about how I have been treated by my Tribe, nor by the pack that I live with. My Family has been good to me, perhaps better than they should have been by some of what others have said tonight. If I can help in any way, so that kindness and shelter can be extended to others, please let me know.”

Here she swallows and looks down at the eight ball for a moment.

“If I have any complaint it is that, in the intention of being helpful or showing their concern, some True offer up conflicting information. I am concerned about the thing that is hunting Kinfolk. I would like to know, plainly put, what best I should do to protect myself and to help your war efforts. If this has already been communicated to the Tribal and pack Alphas, then I will seek answers with Mr. Roman or Miss Kora.”

She walks across the circle to hand back the eight-ball.

“Thank you for your time, sirs and madams.”

And then Rain retakes her seat.

[Wyrmbreaker] [Quick dibs. And sorry, Lukas is pulling rank to get it for a sec!]

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker, who has thus far sat quietly except to catch the ball for Danicka, raises his hand after Rain speaks. The eightball comes his way.

“I can answer that for you, Rain. The specifics of what kin should be doing is up to each Tribal Alpha. Obey whatever order they give you. As a general rule, I’d strongly suggest getting to a place where you’re protected by the Garou of your tribe. If there’s no such place available to you, come to the Brotherhood.

“As far as I’m concerned, you can chance it on your own if you really don’t want to move. But I don’t suggest it.”

Carter’s hand is up. Lukas tosses the eightball his way.

[Bridget Geroux] Seeing as her concern over being told specifically not to do what it is she does, what she’s good at, was basically glossed over, Bridget goes and gets herself something to eat. She needs to gather her thoughts for a second, fidget as she needs to with all the Rage in the room, before the Fianna kin can take her seat again. There’s a lot to think over.

[Carter Roth] Carter had had quite enough at this point. If no one would take up that magic 8 ball and speak the voice of the malcontent then he would. He strode forward taking the eight ball for himself and turned to face the garou who were gathered all powerful, all alpha’s or elder’s in their right and he held the eight ball in one heavy hand as he spoke.

“I refuse to be ruled by those who will not see me as their equal.” He lets those few treasonous words sink in as he looks across the garou, his eyes falling upon kin in equal measure. “In many places, by many of your kind we are treated like Chattel, little more then servants waiting to be used. I will not argue that here I have seen generous activity that would enrage the masters of these places for that you should be praised. But it is not enough.” He shakes his head slowly.

“Unlike the detective, who will stand and do her duty even as she knows your disregard for the kin who work tirelessly beneath your gaze. I will not, not without equality.” He pauses. “Without it, we are susceptible to every monster of your kind, every garou who believes we ARE nothing but here to serve your whim. Tell me why we should accept our lot as it stands, tell me how it makes sense that such actions continue unabated against those you call your allies, your lovers, your friends. Is an ally told to be silent because you do not like his tone? Do you force a friend to become the mate of another simply because of what lies within their veins?” He lets that settle there, lets it hang, many knew of such instances, quite often they were regular occurances.

He takes another moment to look about. “We are all capable, we are all skilled in our own ways. But we are marginalized, we are shunted aside till we are expected to serve and we will hold our tongues and be greatful for it. I will not.” He looks at Balance Without Fault. “You have said yourself that these things will not change, that they have existed for thousands of years, change it, if you hold to any future that means something for all of us…change it. You wished to hear of discontent, there it lies.”

Carter lets the 8 ball go then and he takes his place against the wall once more. His gaze even and suspicious as it was when he first stepped forward.

[Matthieu] [If I can I’d like to call Dibs after umm August!]

[Kieran Mondblume] *He is waiting, listening to all of the opinions, and he is starting to look a little concerned.*

[Nash] [Dibs are for the weak! (I’m sorry!)]

Nash doesn’t bother with the eightball. When he speaks, after Lukas and Carter have gone, he has a heavy Southern drawl. His voice isn’t terribly loud, and like Izzy, he sounds tired.

“Kinda telling, ain’t it?” he asks. “You got two Kin waiting to talk but a Trueborn can just butt on in?”

[Balance Without Fault] [BWF takes the eightball!]

[Izzy Montoya] She says nothing more – but she does step to the side and light up that cigarette after all. Someone can call the cops if they’ve got a problem with it.

[Amunet Knezevic] “Because we are NOT equal!” She snaps it, then falls instantly silent again.

[August Grant] August swallows. Did she really.. really want to go after that? Geezus christ – she was rather surprised when there wasn’t fur flying.

Once the magic-8 ball was gently -passed- in her direction, the young woman stood. She cleared her throat just a little, trying to work up the courage to speak in a room full of this many important people. She never quite looked the Elder in the eyes, but.. was looking somewhat towards him, maybe at his feet. {oooh.. where’d you get those shoes?}

“Rhya.. s.. since you wanted to know about the discontent from us.. I figured I should mention mine. My mate, up and left me for another, knowing full well I was already carrying a second child for this nation. His child. He left with me with no one to protect me and my cub. The mere fact that no one at the time thought this a grevious act was insulting. It bred resentment.. and.. until I found allies within my tribe.. ” she motioned to those seated near by, “I wasn’t at all content. Things have resolved at this point and I am fine with my lot in life. But things like that – ignoring these big giant world tearing apart events – is going to drive a wedge between us.”

A brief pause. “That is all.. thank you for your time..” A hand smoothed her sweater over her belly and she again took her seat, passing on the ball.

[Starla Navarro] Starla’s head snaps up, she turns and twists in her seat to stare right at Amunet, her eyes narrowing on the kin that snaps out her words. The corners of her mouth flatten into a thin line as she glares at her.

[Balance Without Fault] [this comes before August — sorry, but BWF would immediately react!]

Balance Without Fault snaps his fingers for the eightball. He confers briefly with Kora, gets a name, speaks.

“Stick to protocol, Nash. You too, Amunet. Next time you two step out of line, you’re out.

“In case you missed it the first time around: don’t speak without the eightball. Rank and renown takes precedence. In the event that rank is equal, the Auspice Council takes precedence over Tribal Alphas, who take precedence over the Garou, who take precedence over the kin.

“And I’m sorry, Carter, but there is no equality in the Nation. We are not a democracy.”

It passes on to August.

[August Grant] {Damn, my bad – my screen didn’t refresh. Augusts posts AFTER BWFs}

[Gina McClaren] *Gina makes a noise in her throat thats something along the lines of a pissed off gurgle. Fingers scraping through her hair and across her temples as her head falls backwards in utter frustration. Talon hands coming away from her scalp and settling on the bar with some force. *

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs, when… okay I’m not sure what the list is for dibs, but! Put me on it!]

[Delilah Marciano] Delilah eases out of the chair she sat in, her hand drops to the phone sitting on the table, picking it up and stares down at the screen for a brief second, and then tucks it away inside the inner breast pocket of her suit jacket. She is tall, only because of the advantage point her heels provide her, she stands with shoulders squared back and chin tilted up.

The woman doesn’t exactly command authority, but there is a coolness in her demeanor. A calm, collected disposition that expresses patience, clearly her gesture to stand, instead of sit idly and listen meant she had something to say. She is an unknown face, a stranger to the kin that have served this sept in the past and now in the present.

[Calling DIBS!]

[Rain McKellar] Rain’s arms are crossed low over her middle. Her expression is somewhat anxious, but when she looks up to August as the other Gaian speaks it is with as much support as she can muster in this tense environment.

[Carter Roth] Carter frowns deeply at Balance Without Faults words and he shakes his head, an angry look flitting behind his eyes.

[Balance Without Fault] — and the eightball comes back to Balance.

“I’m sorry to hear you’ve been so ill-used by your former mate, August. Tell us the name of this Garou so that we all know his dishonor.”

The eightball goes back to August.

[Dibs list is currently: August, Matthieu, Danicka, Delilah.]

[August Grant] “Paul Kellogg. He seems to have .. left..” She’d rather use the word fled.. “the city.” And once again, the eight ball is passed on.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget stands at the doorway, listening to the conversation while munching on part of a sandwich. The tightness to her muscles and the smirk on her face expresses her discontent with the line of conversation. She takes a glass of ice water over to Carter and leans against his side. She offers the frigid beverage to the other kin, the corners of her mouth turning in a slight smile, an expression that simply says: here.

[Kora] Kora listens as Rain says her piece; her arms tighten when Balance Without Fault directs her to see to Izzy’s complaint. The look she gives the Grand Elder is direct, her expression ironic, but not wry. When Carter speaks, the heavily pregnant Fenrir audibly rolls her eyes (seriously, Nash can [i]hear/i] it). She flashes him a look when he speaks up. Except for the obvious tension, the expression is quiet, animal, unreadable.

[Starla Navarro] Starla clucks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, shaking her head. She looks over her should at Kora, catching the eye-rolling expression of the Jarl. She turns back in her seat, shifting closer to Rain and draws a comforting arm around the kin’s shoulders, hugging her.

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Add Jackson in after Delilah]]

[Derek Anderson] Derek listened, standing near Rain, August and Jackson. He owuld have loved to stand with people from his tribe but Sasha and Katherine weren’t there, Gabriel wasn’t invited and he didn’t rally knewMatthieu except glimpsing at him at the loft the other night.

He looked relax, hands in his pockets. He had nothing to say about all this really. He has been well treated by his Tribe, other Garou and kinfolks he has met. Well Remy was a jerk but even then, it went pretty ok when he met him. He knew some people had problems with Garou, that some had bad experiences in the past. He wasn’t one of them. Maybe it’ll come, maybe he’ll be like Izzy or maybe not. But for now, his life was good.Maybe he didn’t need much, or maybe it was his upbringing, butr he was..ok with the way things were.

[Joey] When the meeting first came to order, Joey sat looking slightly away from the circle, her head moving nearly imperceptibly to the beat of some rhythm in her head. As soon as the eight ball started going around, though, her attention was on the people in the room, her dark eyes moving from speaker to speaker. For the most part, she just watches, listening attentively. She’s silent, even when Izzy speaks up about her punishment, though there’s a tension to her brow, a slight downward turn to the corners of her mouth. The frown doesn’t leave her face, in fact worsens, especially when August speaks up, the kinswoman so obviously pregnant. Joey knew her mate, knew him for the filthy son of a bitch he could be, and not for the wisdom he supposedly held in the Nation. The fact that he would abandon his mate was hardly surprising to her, but infuriating. Wasn’t August the girl he’d once mistaken Joey for? What a prick.

[Carter Roth] Carter takes that glass with a nod to Bridget as great a thanks as he could give at the moment, and sips it, still looking displeased but for now…silent.

[Matthieu] When the 8ball comes his way he stands in his usual regal posture before kin as well as his peers. He takes the time to acknowledge all who choose to look at him with a smile before speaking up and addressing the others present.

“I hear kin speaking about unity, and about working together and about organization. So allow me to speak up and please do hear what I have to say.”

“Harrier’s Grace was founded under the idea that the Mortal world is an important one which we garou have little direct grasp upon. In the heart of a city as large as Chicago we stand in an awkward position where mundane threats could see us utterly destroyed without the means to address them.”

He takes the time to look over faces one by one.

“You wish to take part in the nation. You wish to take an active role in the pursuits of your own people then now is your chance. Harrier’s Grace was founded specifically with the Kin in mind and with time and your assistance we should like to see that all are both cared for, as well as allowed to take an active role in this nation’s happenings. We need eyes and ears, additionally we need faces and talented minds.”

“The Mundane World is your world and if “We” the Garou are to control it we need our kin to stand with it. So any who stand ready to take an active role in a pack who will share in it’s endeavours with all Garou and Kin who take part please step forth after this meeting.”He smiles a little to everyone present.

“I do not wish this to be a recruiting event for a pack but what I am hearing is that Kin would like a chance to take a more active role in their society. This is what Harrier’s Grace was formed with the intention of seeing through. So it remains relevant to the situation.”

He then looks around at the others involved.

“We are one nation, we cannot exist without the whole of that nation working in unison. Our kin are our support network, our homes, and our families. Whatever one feels of their unique and individual position within this nation know now that we are not oblivious to the plight of our kin. We live and die with the hope that our people will remember us and more than anything our people are our kin.”

“Perhaps we do not always show the proper deference or respect but we have a very difficult job.”He then turns his attention to Izzy.”When our kin stand and denounce us as if we have somehow broken some sacred vow it comes as a potent and dangerous blow. There are warriors in their graves at this very moment who have died defending the kin of this sept. I also promise you right now that if you were in danger there are at least one or two garou in this room alone who would stupidly rush off to their own deaths in order to rescue you. Remember this when you find yourself doubing the importance our kin hold to us.”

“In the end we ask of our kin nothing more or less than we ask of ourselves.”He says with a hint of a smile back at the kin.”In the end we must all stand ready to give everything for this nation if that is what we must. That cannot be negociated it simply must be.”

[Balance Without Fault] [Current dibs list: Danicka, Delilah, Jackson]

[Kora] (dibs!)

[Balance Without Fault] [and for the record – applying a -2 honor hit to Paul’s sheet for getting publicly denounced before auspice and tribal councils, plus half the city’s kin, reduced him to subcliath status. normally i wouldn’t announce minor renown tweaks, but in this case it’s a fairly substantial change in how other chars would perceive him.]

[Balance Without Fault] […if, y’know, the char ever gets reactivated *LOL*]

[Balance Without Fault] [last OOC note! if your character holds precedence and wants to use it, make a note in your dibs-calling so i don’t have to ask individually!]

[Danicka Musil] [I’m almost there! Sorry for the wait!]

[Danicka Musil] It’s as though she had mental notes. Danicka gets the 8-ball after the Galliard Elder and speaks up. Directly, in fact, to Carter Roth.

“I know what you can do,” she says plainly, and simply. Maybe even gently, though her voice is levelled directly at him in public. “I also know, and I am the only person currently in this room who knows as well as you do, what it means to be raised as a Kin of Thunder.

“The Garou will never see you as their equal. You may be able to heal with a touch, but you will never be able to fight as well as they can. You will never know what it is like to enter a new body and hunt on all fours. You cannot cross between worlds at will. You will never share a full measure of their power, and so you will never be seen as their equal.” She pauses a moment. “You say you will not work for the Nation without equality. You will never get it. And in this way — knowing what the stakes are, knowing what we all stand to lose — you are more selfish and dishonorable than any Kinfolk in this room.

“Even in human government, if you ally insults you and will not yield, will not compromise, those alliances end, often bloodily. So too will your connection to the Garou you want to treat you as an equal. Work with them or work alone, but do not get in their way or you will be cut down. We aren’t fools, Mr. Roth, not raised in our tribe. Amunet is trying to find a way to decrease our marginalization. And if you want to be involved, at some point you will have to submit to another’s leadership — and it might be Kin, but ultimately it will be to the Garou. Suck it up or get out of the way.”

A pause. She looks at Amunet. “You do guard the alliance jealously, Amunet. Bridget is right about that. You seemed secretive even to me, when I tried to show you nothing but support and interest. You need to work on that attitude, or all your efforts are going to be in vain. When you come to this meeting and then break the rules, you don’t show yourself as a very good leader for Kinfolk, much less someone the Garou might listen to. I want this to work. By god, believe me, I want this to work. But the Kinfolk have to grow up. We all have suffered, but not a thing is going to get done til we all get over it for the sake of the greater good. And those of you who can’t do that, whose angst and baggage is too much to let go of, I don’t even know why you bothered to show up.”

She takes a deep breath and exhales it slowly. “The last attempt at a coalition of kinfolk failed because the Kin involved wanted it to be some kind of perfectly equal democracy, and that will. Not. Work. Even Garou have to follow orders they don’t agree with sometimes. We do too, if we want to be of any real use at all.”

[Balance Without Fault] [delilah, jackson, kora, and then BWF is retaking the ball!]

[Kora] (drop Kora from the list, pls!)

[Carter Roth] Carter meets Danika’s gaze and he shakes his head at the woman. Before flipping her the bird, he might not have the 8 ball, so he won’t speak, but the message is clear enough.

[Delilah Marciano] When the 8 ball finds its way into the Glass Walker’s hands, she holds it up, gives it a good hard shake. She stares at the rubber triangle for a second; the curve of her generous mouth etches into a thinly veiled frown.

“Will this end well?” Delilah asks the ball, “Maybe.”

She turns her eyes up to meet the Grand Elder’s gaze for second, tilting her head to watch the rest of the room. “This, esteemed rhya, is the breeding ground for the discontent. You ask us for our opinions, you tell us to lay our grievances out into the open, so that we may be heard, so we may have a voice…”

A beat, her body shifts, rolls the plastic ball between her hands, “What is this all for? To what purpose will listening to our bitching serve you, in your judgment of us? They are unhappy, they expressed this, and yet, it will not change. We all know this – you said it yourself, it’s not a democracy.”

She shakes her head slowly, “Amunet is trying to organize an alliance, it has been said by Ms. Musil, it will not work. There is no organization, this is like trying to herd cats, they won’t cooperate without first laying a foundation. Training kinfolk in self-defense and first-aid will do very little against a monster breathing down their necks. If the Wyrm wants to kill us, it will do so.”

“The best efforts of the kin, if they wish to come together and organize, is to take a step away from the front lines, and work behind the scenes as we are meant to do. With our mortal influences, our skills, and our connections. We are the first line of defense in covering up the messes that the Garou like to make in the mundane world.”

With that, she shrugs her shoulders and hands the ball off to the next person that so desires it.

[Kora] (change my mind still keeping dibs!)

[Danicka Musil] Carter flips Danicka off. She shrugs at him and gestures to Danny that she’d like an ice water.

[Balance Without Fault] [bwf takes the ball!]

[Izzy Montoya] She looks around and finally grabs a glass of ice water, and taps her ashes into it. It’ll do for now. It also serves to keep her expression hidden for a moment.

It’s likely a good thing.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Did he cut or did I lose my turn? ­čÖé ]]

[Holden] [cutteR!]

[Balance Without Fault] [he totally cut.]

“First and last strike for you, Mr. Roth.”

Then, to Delilah:

“I was actually about to address that. I’ve got a few things on my agenda tonight, and we’re still on number one. I’d like to hear specific concerns from kin first and settle them as I can — so frankly, Garou and kin of Maelstrom, we’re starting to get a little off topic with all the philosophy.

“After that, I’ve got two incidents I want to go over. After that, I want to discuss and settle certain issues with the coalition itself.

“Let’s get back to the kin. Specific concerns, bring them forth.”

— and on to Jackson.

[Gina McClaren] *Gina’s heard enough, and she who had a voice designed – accent and all – for other’s pleasure in her speaking – had nothing nice to say. So like her sweet pikey mother had told her with a rap of knuckles across teeth –

“Effen ye’ve naethen nice tae say, fer christs sakes jes shut yer fookin crumbhole.”

She moves towards the kitchens, bumping past the folk in the door with a low sung “Oot the road please” – before moving to fuss with the food there, warming what had grown cold, cooling what had grown warm . Taking a hefty slug from a dented flask drawn deep from the V of dark cleavage. Liquor finally offered to Bridget and Carter in turn.*

[Carter Roth] Carter grimaces at Balance without Fault and shakes his head at the man, he does not however flip the man the bird. He simply looks to Bridget who was standing by his side looked back to Balance, and dropped his water letting it clatter to the floor loudly, maybe even shatter. He looked around at his fellow kinsman, all who had come here with the understanding that they would be free to speak…obviously that was not the case.

Before he turned and walked out a brief nod given to Gina and her alcohol.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] He takes the 8-Ball with a respectful nod. Yes, he is a good kin. Mostly.

“I had one more concern to bring up, Rhyas. It seems like…and I don’t think this is an endemic issue, but I’ve seen it a couple times now…some Garou try to instruct kin who…well, really shouldn’t be. And I know people may wonder what right I have to say that. But I grew up in a family that was blessed. Both of my siblings were Garou. My father was an Ahroun. I like to think I know a fair amount, though not everything, about certain matters. I won’t give a ton of examples…but one I specifically recall is that a kin, new to our city and rather wet behind the ears, was witness to a Thrall frenzy that took place here. I was present and got the kin to safety…after I left, said kin was told by a Garou that in case of a frenzy, playing dead was a good idea. As if a Garou who was in frenzy, especially Thrall frenzy, would just leave them alone if they were lying prone and pretending to be dead.”

He pauses, trying to figure out how to word this without seeming disrespectful. “To be honest, I was dumbstruck when the kin told me this. It’s…really bad advice, to say the least. I’ve passed it on to Roman, who has passed it further on…but it seems like some Garou could use some kind of instruction themselves before they’re taking kinfolk under their responsibility.”

He hands it back to Balances-Without-Fault.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Oh fuck. You know who that was supposed to be. ­čśŤ ]]

[Danicka Musil] [*points and laughs at samael*]

[Nash] [I for one am proud of Sarita and wish him all the best.]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I’m working and shit and it was bound to happen eventually AND LEMME ALONE! *mock cries and runs away* Okay nah, it’s funny, ngl]]

[Balance Without Fault] Over behind the bar, Danny suddenly blurts out a cough that sounds suspiciously like a laugh. He claps his hand over his mouth and holds up the other. “I know, Mr. Balance. First and last warning. Sorry.” And he mimes the zipping of his mouth.

Balance, for his part, takes the ball and answers Jackson directly. “Do you or does anyone know the name of this Garou?”

The ball goes back to Jackson.

[Quinn] So far, Quinn hasn’t had anything to bring up, no concerns or grievances to air. For the most part, she keeps out of the way, helping where she can but generally staying under the radar. But when someone says the advice given in times of Thrall was to “play dead,” her blue eyes widen, then her fine dark brows constrict.

When she rises, it’s not to intercept that passage of the eight ball. It’s to raise a brow at Carter Roth, the look simply How rude, trail briefly in his wake, and bend to retrieve the fallen glass of water. She gestures to Danny to bring a towel or something to clean up the water.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget writes something on a napkin and tucks it into Carter’s hand before he decides to shatter his glass all over the floor and make his way out. She stifles a tiny laugh– it’s not at all audible and she turns her face in Danny’s direction so she doesn’t disturb the conversation– but it’s there.

Gina thankfully offers up some booze, which the Stag kin thankfully takes so she can stifle her grin and shut the fuck up.

[Jackson Montgomery] He takes the ball and seems hesitant to name names at the moment. The information was passed along, but he was given a request. “Kristen. She’s a Fianna Theurge who stays here at the Brotherhood…I don’t know her last name or her deed name.” Handed back.

[Kieran Mondblume] *His eyes widen at that, and he looks back and forth. He frowns, clearly pondering.*

[Balance Without Fault] “Jenny,” Balance speaks directly to the woman watching quietly from over by the kitchen door, “can you get a message to Kristen? Let her know a Thralled Homid would sooner munch a dead body than ignore it, and that maybe she shouldn’t run around teaching the kin for a while.

“Unfortunately,” this is to all, “Garou rarely have time these days to be fully trained before stepping out into the world as Cliaths. The war’s too desperate, and we need soldiers. The downside is occasionally we get a good soldier whose education has been a little lacking in certain non-essential regards.

“There’s really no way prevent these things from happening. I can’t publish a manual of Everything You Should and Shouldn’t Say To Kin. All we can do is troubleshoot one incident at a time, so I appreciate your bringing this up.”

And the ball goes to Kora.

[Danicka Musil] There’s a glance from Shadow Lord Kinswoman to Shadow Lord Elder when Carter leaves. It’s hard to read, for those that don’t know her — for those that are, at the moment, invested in other conversations. He might understand. He might not, even as well as he knows her.

Danicka sips her ice water, and waits for the next blowup.

[Gina McClaren] *Gina’s expression at the breaking of glass is one of frank annoyance. She stands in the kitchen in her barefeet, and hisses irritation. Singing lowly to bridget – yes.. without the 8-ball.*

Trade ye tha sip o’ firewater fer yer gi’en tha broom, Bridget darlin. Dinnae fancy me bloody feet on account o’ foolishness, aye?

[Balance Without Fault] [wait, is Kristen there? i see her logged in. i know patrick’s the fianna alpha, but jacqui ain’t here tonight. well, if Kristen’s here, BWF would speak directly to her.]

[Balance Without Fault] Danny, meanwhile, is hurrying over with dustpan and broom. He shakes his head mutely at Gina and Bridget, forefinger to lips, waving them off. The message is clear: I got it!

[Kristen Burke] ((I was told that Kristen was not allowed to be here As such she has not tried to speak or rebut what was said about her.))

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget moves to action, sets her glass down on the bar, and helps pick up Carter’s mess despite her amusement. It’s alright, the movement gives her something to do. She shakes her head at Danny and helps him anyway.

[Balance Without Fault] [OK, I just saw Jacqui sign on, so I guess Kristen wouldn’t be there after all. Assume Jenny sends her a polite note repeating what BWF said, only a lot nicer and reflexively-apologetic!]

[Gina McClaren] *Gina remains in place. You know. So as not to step in glass with the bare feet. But Danny gives her the shush and she raises an eyebrow in a clear expression of “Oh Enough.” An incredulous shake of her head mirroring the Fianna’s.*

[Quinn] Quinn’s gotten most of the bigger chunks gathered carefully into one hand. When Danny arrives with dustpan and broom, she smiles warmly and rises to carry her burden to the nearest trash bin, which happens to be in the kitchen. When she comes back out again, she weaves around the outside of the circle to return to her seat.

[Kora] There’s something – implicitly feral about the heavily pregnant Garou tonight. She’s standing, not sitting. She should sit. Some of the people tonight are long winded – not telling stories, not remembering deeds, not discussing the dead – just talking.

Those closest to her can feel her restlessness like ozone in the air around her. It does not take much to bring it forward these nights, careful as she has to be now, pregnant as she is. Alone here tonight, her brother – her Godi – gone, her beta in another Sept, seeking his own tribe for challenge.

By the time the eight-ball comes her way, Carter is gone. Her dark eyes follow his path through the room; she catches the scribbing Bridget does on a napkin, watches until the kinsman has left the restaurant.

The creature’s generous mouth flattens then. Whatever she meant to say is distilled down to this: “I have kept my territory open to all tribes, Garou certainly, kin more so. It’s unreasonable to expect you to live in a city and somehow keep track of our changing, Balkanized territory. But, Wyrmbreaker-rhya, that man is barred from mine. I trust you will pass it on to him.”

[Kieran Mondblume] [Dibs?]

[Balance Without Fault] [back to BWF, then Kieran!]

[Honor’s Compass] Katherine and Patrick both here, somewhere, and their player is very apologetic for being tardy! She suggests Katherine is looking very pretty in white standing somewhere near pack-mates and as well as Balance Without Fault and Patrick is over yonder possibly looking confused — also in a very pretty way, albiet more masculine — or simply bored.

Carry on!

[Adamidas] She opens her mouth, then closes it. Her attention seems to be intent on what is going on, and before she can really say anything, the Fury turns her head in the direction of… something. Slightly to the left. She gives the Grand Elder a look and taps her chest with two index fingers, then gestures behind her with her thumb.

Whatever that look says, it must be important. If given the okay, she slips out as quickly as she enters. Just as understated, and punctuated with a pop.

[Balance Without Fault] Though Carter’s departure didn’t provoke an immediate response from the Garou named for his balance, it’s remarked on when the ball comes back into his possession.

“Wyrmbreaker, your kinsman disrespected this gathering again with his dramatic departure. See to it. And let him know that his antics only resulted in the very kin he professes to champion scrambling to clean up his mess.”

He nods to Adamidas, then, before continuing.

“At this point I’m going to make a last call for kin to bring forward their concerns. If there’s nothing else, we’re moving on.”

[on to Kieran! and if there are any more kin concerns, call dibs now cuz BWF is about to move things along]

[Quinn] [dibs because I gotta get something out in case I have to bail before the end!]

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker nods mutely to Kora and and Balance, the second nod deeper than the first. Then he gets up, leaning over to murmur briefly to Danicka before excusing himself from the gathering.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He pushes up, and then he takes the eight ball, shaking it idly.* Clearly, if he’s getting pissed off enough to drop a glass onto the ground and leave, something screwed up happened to him in the past. I think that’s part of the problem. We can’t fix these problems without years and years of therapy that we don’t have time for.

*He tosses the eight ball to his other hand.* But I will say, I’ve noticed every kin has their skills and talents. I don’t think I’m alone in saying, I’d like to hear about those instead.

[Quinn] The tall Fiann has retaken her seat now. It should be noted that she’s wearing clothes, and they’re probably pretty nice, and probably includes a shirt with the sleeves rolled up to reveal the tattoo on her right arm. Nothing fancy, just some cool looking birds.

Anyway!

She sits up a little straighter when there seems to be a lull, lifts her chin, and indicates she’d like the magic eight ball next. When it comes to her, Quinn doesn’t shake it to read her fortune, though she does smile a little down at it before standing to address the assembled.

“Hello,” she says, her voice warm, and still carries a touch of a Baltimore accent. “I’m Quinn, I own The Winchester tavern up in Lake View. Some of you might’ve heard of it. Like The Brotherhood, we’ve only got kin on staff, so it’s a safe place. If any of you are in the area and find yourself in need of a place to rest or otherwise recuperate for a while, the doors are open. To Kin and Garou alike.” After that, she rolls the ball from one hand to the other, says, “That’s it,” and passes it down the line rather than tossing it to the grand elder.

[Nash] The Jarl is understandably restless. On this side of the bar, the Fenrir are all standing; Nash looks like he probably ought to sit down, but for the moment, he’s still on his feet, his right arm held up against his midsection while bruised eyes watch the proceedings–silently, now that that first [and last] outburst is over with.

There is a lot going on, between Strider and Lord Kinfolk slamming out and slamming glasses. Nash, unlike many others, doesn’t have to stifle laughter. He glances around, then finds a place to rest his eyes when Kora starts to speak. He looks back at her when the Uktena speaks, as if looking for something, but he doesn’t lean over to whisper or anything else that might be considered disruptive.

[Delilah Marciano] Delilah sighs; she steps away from the table glancing around at the assembly one final time. She has heard enough, and the Grand Elder has yet to get beyond the first line of questioning. She turns away, slipping off in silence towards the back entrance of the Brotherhood’ hand retrieves her phone, texting her driver to come around to the back side to pick her up as she left the meeting.

[Kora] There’s something about the way Kora handled the eight-ball. Held it as if it were a cracked bone, as if there were marrow in it – rather than likely toxic water locked behind a window with catchy sayings on a plastic weighted die by children chained to extruding machines in some unlikely backwater of Guangdong province, China.

That sense of animal lingers around her. Her hair is pale, fine-stranded, her skin equally pale, winter-thing, dark eyes set above sharp cheeks made softer by the extra weight of advanced pregnancy. No matter: the wolf is still visible underneath. As now. Nash glances at her, and she lifts her chin, canting her head, dark eyes finding his with an unerring sort of grace. She holds the look for a quiet moment, then glances away.

[Balance Without Fault] The eightball comes back to Balance eventually, passed hand to hand until someone loses patience and tosses it. Catching it neatly, the Grand Elder takes a drink of water before going on.

“Let’s discuss that in a minute, Kieran, when we talk about the coalition some more. I have two incidents I want to go over. Unfortunately, Amunet, they both involve you.

“First up: the Brotherhood defense plans were posted up a couple of weeks ago, and you seemed to have something to say about it. Jenny mentioned you removed the original posting as something of an act of protest.” Over by the kitchen, Jenny looks mildly mortified. “What was that about, and has that been settled?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “It was less an act of protest than an act of frustration, Rhya. Again, the perception of being dictated to, rather than being acknowledged as being willing to work together. I apologize for my rash decision, and hope that my actions will not reflect poorly on those who can be held responsible for me.”

Her fingers run in her hair, eyes flickering away before meeting BWF’s once more. “It has been offered that there be a meeting with myself and those charged with the safety of the Brotherhood. I believe it is just a matter of finding a convenient time for everyone, and then the matter should be settled.”

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs!]

[Gina McClaren] *Her flask of corn liquor is reclaimed and settled back in her assets as she steps aside for the exiting Glasswalker kin. Strider kin maneuvering her way out of the kitchen with an eye to the floor, wary for any invisible shards lying in wait for small burnished feet. The kin moves to stand between Leon and Matt, dwarfed by a good foot or more by each. Curvy kin’s body language filling in the gaps where verbal communication was not allowed. She leans on Mirror’s whisper, floury skirt no doubt soiling his perfectly pressed suit. A painted toe prods Hostile Takeover’s knee, accompanied by a wry smile and a roll of eyes. Familiarity and Affection for both, mingled with no small exasperation at the proceedings. Her attention shifts to those speaking.*

[Honor’s Compass] [Kate has something to add! How do I — *hits the buzzer*]

[Danicka Musil] [Danicka yields to the ranked Garou present *gavel*]

[Wyrmbreaker] [dibs order is Kate, Danicka, then probably BWF.]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita doesn’t fail to notice Gina’s brief interaction, such as it is, with Leon. Her eyes narrow a little bit, watching them, and anyone paying attention to her would notice a bit of bristling. She doesn’t speak out, merely watches for a long moment before looking back.

Yeah. She’ll be dealing with that later.

[Matthieu] Matthieu made certain to follow the kin across the floor. Whether Gina knew it or not those eyes followed her quietly. She drew closer and closer and even took the chance to squeeze herself between he and his beta. A slight smile grew and he peeked up at the woman with a hint of a smile. She had likely been drinking and was feeling pleasant. Which was surprisingly okay with the Garou who looked up at her with familiar eyes.

He didn’t speak however, simply welcomed her to join if she pleased.

[Leon Davenport] Finally something interesting happening to this meeting And no it’s not an angry kin storming out or incidents involving one with the Broho’splan or anything else. No, it’s the presence of a beautiful caramel skinned Strider kin, moving between him and his Alpha.

Shelean into Matt and that makes him smile, a genuine rare one from the Ahroun these days. Then she prds hm and the smile grew wider. He kept hi hands in his pants pockets, his smile turning into a grin. Then his piercing blue eyes were back on the meeting

There has been no GW kin here that he knew of. After all he knew Delilah only by her GWnet handle. He didn’t want any of his tribe’s kin getting into troubel tonight. He seem ot have had his wish granted.

[Kieran Mondblume] *His eyes, however, remain on Amy, and the Grand Elder. He looks, very briefly, worried, though it passes rather quickly. Nothing else in the meeting seems to catch his dark eyes.*

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget finally retakes her seat, glass in hand. Her brown eyes shift around the room as if for a second, she forgot where she was. The kinswoman shakes it off and sips the remaining whiskey, her eyes floating somewhere between Patrick and Kieran for whatever reason.

[Honor’s Compass] Honor’s Compass, who has, up until this moment been relatively silent, merely a formidable presence in so far as a regal Silver Fang of her ranking should be, standing to one side with her arms neatly folded over her chest; her coat open to reveal silk blouse beneath, the designer jeans and knee-high boots.

Immaculate as ever, she somehow managed to avoid it becoming ridiculous; her carefully arranged hair; her glossed lips. It was the animal grace in her that controlled it; the thrill of danger posed by those pale eyes of hers as they sweep the assembly, as manicured nails close over the eight ball.

Her eyes find Sarita’s sister.

“If I may, Rhya,” she says in her voice, rippling with its hint of french gentility, “I have some knowledge of these goings on. I was approached here at the Brotherhood by Adara, Song of Life, a Black Fury Galliard I believe my Alpha put in charge of the Brotherhood plans, along with Adamidas. She told me of the issues with the Kinswoman.”

A beat. “She asked my council, and two sides to this issue were brought before me, one from Garou and the other spoken on the behalf of the Kinfolk by one of Cockroaches Kin.” The Fang’s lip curves a little, inexplicably. “My sense was that they were working at cross-purposes, here. The Kinfolk, rightly enough, want their say in their own safety, but the Garou have their own notions on how Kinfolk need to be so protected.

My advice was to meet together, and discuss it. I believe this is the meeting Amunet is referring to.”

[Nash] With his left hand, Nash reaches up to scrub at his scruffy face when the tiny Indian woman moves across the room and proceeds to cause the blood pressure of at least four Trueborn to spike. He doesn’t sigh or stare, but when his hand comes away from his face and returns to his jacket pocket the kinsman glances over at Kora again.

That glance lasts only so long as the silence between active speakers; a few seconds after the regal blonde begins to speak, his eyes slowly drift away to acknowledge her.

[Rain McKellar] ((Rain will stay with the other Gaian kin until the meeting lets out, but her player must go to sleep soon. Thanks, all, for the scene.))

[Balance Without Fault] [night!]

[Danicka Musil] This time, the ball comes to Danicka more easily, since her mate has excused himself from the proceedings for the moment and it seems that Danicka doesn’t trust herself to catch the bizarre little toy if lobbed her way. She hears about the defense plan — something she’s only heard rumors of, not the story she just got. She looks at Amunet briefly when she takes the 8-ball, but in the end, doesn’t address the Strider kin as she did earlier.

“-Rhya,” she says, to Balance Without Fault, “the Kinfolk have tried before to establish leadership amongst themselves before, but in that case and in this one, there’s a serious problem with Garou being kept out of the loop.” She thinks a moment. “If the Kinfolk want to be heard by the Garou — to have a voice, for example, in deciding the defense plan for the Brotherhood of Thieves, to have at least some kind of vote in matters that affect them personally, then is there any reason why the Garou in charge of defense for this place should not have a Kinfolk — preferably a resident — whose counsel is sought in decisions about it?”

A beat. She blinks those round, green eyes of hers, turning to look at Amunet. “And maybe, if only to limit the amount of suspicion and paranoia and rumors of discontent, maybe an alliance of Kinfolk would have a better chance of success if there is a Garou involved in the proceedings and decisions being made — not to dictate, not to rule, but to communicate the needs the Garou have to the Kin, and vice versa?”

[Balance Without Fault] Balance listens to Katherine with clear attentiveness; then Danicka.

“It’s become increasingly clear to me tonight that some level of constant communication needs to be set up between the Garou of this Sept and the Kin. That’s part of what I wanted to discuss when we talk about the coalition a little more. I realize I’ve delayed the discussion of the coalition again and again, but I’m going to have to ask for your patience a little longer.”

He turns back to Amunet.

“There will always be some level of dictation, Amunet. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Nation is not a democracy. There is one Grand Elder. One Warder. One warleader. One Garou in charge of the defense of the Brotherhood, and one Garou assisting her.

“It’s not your place to rebel against that order. If you feel unheard, then speak. You may bring your suggestions up, just as anyone else can — and it seems that with Honor’s Compass’s counsel, you intend to do exactly that.

“You may not, however, display blatant insubordination to those who rank over you. And you must understand that the final say still belongs to those charged with the keeping of the Brotherhood. This isn’t a kin/Garou issue. It’s a simple issue of hierarchy. I would say the same to your sister Sarita, or even to the Philodox Elder.”

Balance turns the magic eightball over in his hands, then continues.

“The second point I wanted to address specifically is this. I’ve heard reports that you were seeking a Garou to … beat you? And that you would tape this as some sort of instructional video?

“What’s the story there, Amunet? I hardly know where to begin.”

[Amunet Knezevic] She looks very tired, very suddenly, tongue bitten to keep herself quiet as she waits her turn.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He flinches visibly.*

[August Grant] A brow rose.

That sounded like the single most stupid idea she’s heard in awhile.

Was that girl daft?

[Izzy Montoya] She’s wanting…. what?! Izzy’s head whips about so quickly her hair flies in a semi circle, smacking her in the face while she stares at Amunet with dropped jaw…. only to have it snap shut on the comment not quite bitten back..

“Motherfu…” snap.

She turns, and stalks to the kitchen. She needs a serious drink. Now.

[Quinn] Quinn actually does a double-take, and frowns at Amunet.Her thoughts are similar August’s. What would that even teach?

[Kieran Mondblume] *He raises one hand, however, before forgetting himself, and he holds his hand out for the ball.*

[Jackson Montgomery] He blinks as the idea for the original plan comes out in a horribly mangled, telephone version of what was actually discussed. He looks at Balances With Fault, then at Amunet and back, before he takes a [[DIBS]] after Amunet.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget tenses in her little corner of the world, and the nearly empty glass falls into her lap before she catches it. A slight amount of whiskey and ice bleed into the fabric.

“Shit,” she says under her breath. Looking directly to BWF with an expression of apology, she zips it quickly, gathers her skirts, and moves towards the kitchen following Izzy.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Though I am willing to wait for dibs till after Amy and Jackson have had their say))

[Leon Davenport] Leon blinked a few times, eyes on Amy. Ok…now that was..well..totally crazy even for her. He actually had to look at Sarita with a brow raised as if asking her..what the hell? But he doesn’t say anything, doesn’t smile or anything. He was mostly, perplexed by all of this.

He had an idea why she’d ask that, but to him it dodn’t seem like the right way to do things.

[Danicka Musil] Danicka, in the face of people restraining the urge to curse, of staring, of double-takes… blinks at Amunet. There’s no anger, no sudden omgwtfbbq. But surprise. And definite, strong interest in hearing something other than the rumor that Balance Without Fault wants to be explained and clarified.

[Gina McClaren] *Wait – woah.. What? Gina arcs her back away from Matt, squinting at the better bred strider kin across the room. Expression caugt between disgust and disbeleif. She looks up to Matt meaningfully, as if to say “Didn’t I tell you? Crazy. Every fucking one of them.” That flask gets retrieved and sampled from once more.*

[Amunet Knezevic] “Okay. So” She takes a deep breath. Remember what Stefan said, Ames…

“First of all, it was an idea that was being batted around. Just that. I’m unsure why everyone seems content to run around asking everyone else why I’m doing what I’m doing, but that seems to be the trend. It was considered, it was discussed, and nothing has been done. There’s no reason for anyone to assume that it’s moving forward.

As for being secretive and not wanting Garou involvement in the alliance, that is simply not true. The Shadow Lord Nathalie has offered her assistance, and I have taken her up on that. I’m not hiding anything. I’m not trying to exclude anyone that would benefit the alliance.”

She gestures toward the departing Bridget. “She wants to talk, but she wasn’t there for the conversation. She’s referring to Adara, the Fury. She asked to be included in the alliance, and when reminded it was a kinfolk alliance, she compared it to the KKK. Jackson was there for the conversation. I’m sure he can back me up. My issue with allowing her to be part of this isn’t that she’s Garou, it’s that she’s a shitty excuse for a Garou.”

[Quinn] [dibs!]

[Wyrmbreaker] [Dibs is Jackson, Kieran, Quinn right now — though BWF might cut in line at some point!]

[Quinn] [WHOOPS! That was supposed to be Joey!]

[Amunet Knezevic] [I’m assuming she’ll be asked to explain that….]

[Wyrmbreaker] [joey –> jackson –> kieran]

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And Ki gives up his dibs.)) *He lowers his hand again, and then he goes back to listening.*

[Honor’s Compass] [Damn it, now Kate has to speak up. SORRY.]

[Wyrmbreaker] [kate –> joey –> jackson –> kieran]

[Matthieu] His eyes meet Gina’s own and he looks back at the kin though he doesn’t nod. His eyes say enough and he reassures her with a slight pat to the small of her back. Though the Galliard doesn’t wish to appear as if he isn’t listening and taking in every word. Indeed he was listening to everything that was said. Formulating an opinion on each and every personality that shows itself here tonight.

[Izzy Montoya] She’s not long. Long enough to have a shot and pour a second that she brings with her, in time to hear that it was just an idea being bat around, without nay explanation whatsoever. Her jaw tenses, and she finds a space of wall to lean against, setting the glass on the table and lighting another cigarette.

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Officially voicing a request to try to keep a bit closer to the 10 minute posting limit that was established for Dibbers.]]

[Honor’s Compass] Katherine’s eyes cut toward Amy.

“That is the second occasion I have heard, and the first directly from your lips of insult to Song of Life, Amunet. I do not care who you believe you are, who your mate is or how valid your cause — you will pay the respect due to a Garou or you will be sending your mate to every door in the Sept to make amends for your mouth.

I said it before, I say it again.

Respectful disagreement.”

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget returns soon after, patting at her skirt with a towel. She passes Izzy and takes her seat again, then offers her hand up to speak for the second time.

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs when it gets her direction]

[Kora] Kora does not glance at Amunet. Her dark eyes track Izzy, though, as she weaves through the room. Then, the creature glances back at Nash. Fine blond brows arch eloquently over her shadowed eyes. Restlessness runs patterned beneath her skin. Even standing still she looks ready to prowl.

[Wyrmbreaker] [joey –> jackson –> kieran –> bridget]

[August Grant] Even though she really, really wanted to be here for this lovely conversation – the pregnant girl’s bladder could only hold out so long. So, carefully enough, she made her way to the ladies room .. and then to the kitchen, where she’d find a snack and linger in the door for a moment eating before returning to her chair.

[Joey] The magic eight ball starts to head toward another kin, but the Fostern Rotagar indicates the need for an interception. It goes to Kate first, and when it gets to Joey, she palms it, and inclines her head toward Amy.

“Just t’clarify, this idea,” she reaches up her free hand to pantomime air quotes, “was brought to the elders ’cause you’d already gone at least to Burnout lookin’ for a volunteer. And when I talked to you about it, everything you said told me you were set on goin’ through with it, despite warnings and consequences.

“So you’re not bein’ called out on it just ’cause someone’s followin’ some sort’ve trend.”

The eight ball is passed on.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ki actually gave up his dibs.))

[Amunet Knezevic] [dibs after bridget, please]

[Wyrmbreaker] [jackson –> bridget –> amunet!]

[Jackson Montgomery] He takes the 8=Ball and steps forward. “Just to provide my own perspective on this idea. Which, at least when we discussed it, was just an idea. It was brainstorming possibilities, nothing more. Amunet asked me, since I was a film student, if there was a way for us to be able to film…not a Garou beating the tar out of a kinfolk, Amy or otherwise. But potential sparring sessions. The reason for this would be that, if we were in a situation where combat was inevitable, we’d be more capable. This wasn’t ‘Beat the shit out of me and film it and you’ll know what it’s like to be in a fight. Hell, a Garou could spar with someone in homid and we could film that. These specifics weren’t even gone over because it was one three minute portion of one much longer discussion.

“The key was, and what we were discussing, was that if it was done, it would have to be done securely. No internet access to the video. Not multiple copies floating around. Again, this was a big if, and I felt it was conceivably possible, if not a sure thing. No one was setting up sets or anything like that, I wasn’t figuring out lighting and camera angles or what lens to use. As near as I knew, Amunet was checking with Garou to see if there would even be volunteers, because if not the rest didn’t even matter.

He frowns. “If there was some kind of telephone situation where it wasn’t properly communicated, then there you have it. But the idea was far saner and far more brainstorming than that I just heard. Obviously the Veil was our first concern and what we were discussing before any considerations came into play.”

[Hunter] [hunter taking dibs after bridget, before amunet]

[Gina McClaren] *Gina’s taking a fourth shot. Amazing how much alcohol can disappear into the little Indian woman in so short a period of time. The flask’s cap clinks metallic and resolute as its popped on tightly. Flask itself handed to Leon, a flat palm held up, then making an abrupt cutting motion. The fuzziness in her stomach and the hazy tingle behind brown eyes told her anymore would loosen her tongue, and no one wanted that tonight. So the woman who was rapidly becoming a lush entrusts her fire water to the Glasswalker , before settling back against the Silverfang’s comforting hand. Her eyes slip firmly shut.*

[Balance Without Fault] [bridget –> hunter –> amunet]

[Bridget Geroux] “That reminds me when Carter took your injuries last time. We all asked you about the bruises and you wouldn’t answer. I let it go because you seemed uncomfortable, but if I thought for a second you might want someone to beat you up… What the hell, Amy? How do you expect to display leadership among us with… whatever is going on?”

She stops and shakes her head. “I’m sorry, Amy. That got a bit too personal. But when I saw you talking to Song of Life, I just couldn’t hear it anymore. By the way, she has shown nothing but the utmost respect for my crazy ass ways and was one of the very few Garou who has encouraged me to keep doing my work rather than some Garou who have discouraged me from it. Maybe they’ve done it because they cared, but she is one of the few Garou I’d be more than willing to invite to my own house just to shoot the shit. I respect and admire the hell out of the Garou who treat kinfolk– even those not of their tribe– like the family we are. Family might be my whole grievance in the first place.”

“My other issue with the alliance is, like Danicka repeated earlier, that it is too jealously guarded, even from other kinfolk. My father, Meuric ‘Bear’ Geroux for those of you who care about the formality, used to tell me all the time how Septs grow weaker when not even the kinfolk can rely on one another as family.”

[Leon Davenport] He looked at Gina with a grin and took the flask out of her hand, making it disapear in his suit’s jacket. He nodded to her, letting her know it will be returned to her eventually. Not that it wasn’t a big deal if she had something of hers. She had something of him.

So it was with familiarity that he gently nudge her before looking back at those talking.

[Bridget Geroux] [First part got cut off:]
Bridget looks towards Amy with raised eyebrows as she takes the 8 ball, an expression of genuine concern.

[Balance Without Fault] [hunter’s up, then amunet, then BWF is taking the ball]

[Hunter] [oh shit browser didn’t refresh gimme a minute]

[Danicka Musil] At the bar, Danicka glances at the door, wondering about her mate, and frankly about Carter. She sips her water and returns her attention to the discussion. There’s no lightly thoughtful look on her face now. She’s quite serious. Bordering, in fact, on visibly tense.

[Hunter] The eight ball gets grasped in one meaty palm and he doesn’t stand to speak.

“Amy came to me first I believe, out of any Garou, sayin’ she wanted me to do it. I explained this to her at the time but I’ll repeat it because it seems ya’ don’t quite get it Jackson.”

A beat.

“For starters, Amy squarin’ off vs me in any form is just gonna be a beatin’ plain n’ simple. That’s just all there is to it. Secondly from what I was told the purposes for doin’ this was so that kinfolk could get some expertise on how to fight against a fuckin’ spiral — scuse ma language — n’that she’d want me to fight her not just in human form.

Now I don’t know what ya’ know bout’ spirals but fightin’ ya’ is about the last thing they’re gonna do. It won’t be in human form, so sparrin’ vs me in homid ain’t gonna teach ya’ shit. It won’t be to kill ya’ n’I don’t think I need to — nor should I try to, or am adequately able to — express just what they’d be tryin’ to do.

The flaws of this video been pointed out by my Beta quite clearly to Amy, but from where I stand there’s some seriously misguided ideas based on the fact that ya’ thought that me puttin’ a kin near death would actually help anyone learn anythin’ of value against that group’a devils.”

There’s a beat and then:

“The fact that ya’ thought me doin’ that could help is, quite frankly, god damn insultin’.”

[Kora] (going to bed folks. Kora’s still around looking restless and pregnant. Jamie has my permission to NPC her and directions for certain circumstances, cheers!)

[Balance Without Fault] [amunet–>BWF!]

[Amunet Knezevic] “I didn’t want to shame the Trueborn that gave me the bruises, Bridget. No one knew that he was going to heal them, and I certainly didn’t seek him out to do it.

And again, Bridget, you don’t know the whole story. Good for you that you get along with her. I don’t, and I have solid reasons why that is the case.

HOW am I being secretive? What kinfolk have I turned away? I don’t understand how not ramming an alliance down the kin’s throat turns into me being secretive. Explain.”

She flinches when Hunter speaks, eyes searching out anywhere to rest on but him. Her fingers run in her hair again, then move to scratch between her shoulder blades. “Fucking funny how you tell her fucking everything except the shit you’re ashamed of”

[Bridget Geroux] [Dibs if offered]

[Izzy Montoya] She felt Kora’s eyes on her, but she doesn’t meet her gaze. Not yet. Not right away. In fact, it’s not until Hunter’s clarifying that her gaze snaps up again, and there’s something.. something there. Something in dark eyes that’s clearly…

…well. Of all here, only Kora knows and only with passing details. Izzy tightens her hand around the drink, and pushes from the wall. She takes a step forward, and then shakes her head. Then, when she finally looks up and meets Kora’s gaze, her teeth audibly grind, and she turns, sets the drink down and heads to the door.

and if there’s a muttered curse or ten, well. No one who knows her is surprised.

[Balance Without Fault] [bwf is taking the ball!]

[Hunter] There’s a moment where Hunter simply stares at Amy with his jaw firmly set and then? He looks away, relaxes in his seat as much as the — sometimes high strung — Ahroun could ever relax under such conditions.

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Prayers to Broken Stone has been lounging against a wall in his hoodie; arms folded over his chest; sniffing every now and then as if he had a cold. There’s been a beer bottle in one of his hands fairly steadily and at some point; he’d excused himself to raid the kitchen; he returns now, to discussion of beatings and video tapes and something about Hunter being ashamed.

He bites a hunk out of his sandwich, and shuffle-excuses his way back to his little spot like that annoying late-comer at the movies who blocks out the screen as the heroine and her man get it on finally.

[Balance Without Fault] “Enough.” Balance takes the ball back. “I don’t want to dwell on this longer than we have to. This is not a public lynching. I’ll say this, and then we move on.

“Amunet, videotaping a Garou is a very bad idea. Videotaping a Garou in non-Homid form is a worse idea. Asking a non-homid Garou to attack you so you can videotape is insanity. I realize this was a brainstorm. But that sort of idea should never even come to your mind. Not simply because of the threat to the Veil, but because it tells me that you genuinely believe with enough training a kin would have options against a Dancer in warform beyond running.

“Izzy Montoya mentioned earlier that you were going to get people killed. I’m starting to see her point.

“Let me be very clear on this: you can train if you want to. You can learn first aid, you can learn self defense. If the Warleader judges you capable, we are even willing to entertain the idea of an elite kin squad assaulting light targets to support their Garou brethren. But you are not equipped to fight a Garou in warform. If you’re so unlucky as to be caught by one, you should run. And you should teach your friends to run — not lull them into some misguided idea that they might be able to fight and win.”

Balance’s fingers tap restlessly on the eightball for a moment. Then he goes on:

“I want to move on to discussion the coalition, its leadership, and the idea of establishing a Garou-kin liaison to maintain an open line of communication between the kin and Garou of this Sept. Before we get there, I just have two more questions:

“Bridget, you mentioned something about a Garou forbidding you from something you want to do. Be more specific. What do you speak of?

“And Amunet, you accuse Hunter of not speaking of something he’s ashamed of. What are you speaking of?”

[Bridget –> then Amunet, unless she rejects it!]

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks back to Hunter at that, and he sighs deeply. Looking back to Amy. And then back to BWF. Again watching. He wants to speak, but the words are not coming easily, it seems, so he keeps his mouth shut.*

[Matthieu] Matthieu watches in preparation for Amunet’s response. The Galliard was standing ready and keeping his attention on every word that would come out of the Kin’s mouth.

[Gina McClaren] *Curiouser and Curiouser. Gina’s eyes slowly open, and her gaze rests on Hunter, expression inquiring, her head tilted to the side. Not unlike a german shepard trying to puzzle out an algebra equation.

That is to say – hopelessly lost.

She looks from Leon and Matt back to Hunter, as though she might figure out whats shaking through some sort of elaborate half drunk social triangulation.*

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The Strider is watching with the most intense look of concentration anyone’s ever seen on her face. It is focused on her sister and the Grand Elder. It could be because she’s curious–tense?–to see what might be said, or it could be because she’s not wanting to look at certain individuals who might raise her ire. Her expression is pained. It’s clear to anyone who might look at her that although her protectorate obligations are over with, it certainly doesn’t mean that she doesn’t care. She knows how her sister must feel right now, what this is like for her, because she knows Amy so well.

She would rather it be her in that place instead of Amy, being questioned and having doubt heaped on by others.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget fidgets with the ball when it comes her way, taking a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Amy, if that got a bit too personal. Catch me later if you want.”

She continues quickly. “I have on a few occasions been told by several Garou. Forgive me, but one didn’t tell me his name. The other was Simon, who I think expressed concern over my well being. I should explain. The Sept I am from is in the Rockies, in the middle of nowhere. I’m not boasting, but I know I’m a skilled survivalist. It feels unnatural going for so long in the city without getting some fresh air. But on several occasions, without explanation, I’ve been discouraged from going outside of the city to… do my thing.”

The Fianna kin continues, “I don’t understand what the difference is if I’m alone in the city or in the woods. I can handle myself just fine out there, and I’ve gone out there on several occasions on my own before Simon and some others told me I shouldn’t.”

[Balance Without Fault] “And that’s all you’re doing? Just going into the woods to … hike?”

He tosses the ball back.

[Leon Davenport] His shift position slightly, watching Amunet, glancing at Sarita and then Hunter. What will Amy say? He hoped that Amy will decide not to tlk. For herself, for Hunter and maybe for him. He wasn’t sure what Amy meant, what Hunter did or didn’t do., but somethings were sad that didn’t make him entirely comfortable

Thongs has been dealt with and he had no intention to have them brought back to the forefront.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget catches it, “No. I hunt. I check the trails, get familiar with the landscape. Sometimes, I stay out there for quite a while with little or no supplies. It’s… no different from what I did back home.”

[Derek Anderson] (*things has been dealt..)

[August Grant] {Alright, gotta get to bed – August will stay through the meeting with the other Coggies. Night all.)

[Danicka Musil] [Night! Thanks for playing!]

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [Patrick will take a break from eating to pipe in at some point RE: Bridget.]

[Bridget Geroux] [Add: check the landscape, figure out the flora and fauna.]

[Balance Without Fault] “I see no harm in that. Patrick, you represent the Fianna. What do you think?”

Lob.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget seems quite pleased with BWF’s comment, but waits on Patrick’s response.

[Hunter] [if anyone wants a description post of hunter’s appearance etc right now let me know otherwise I’m just chillin’ LOL]

[Nash] [I don’t think I’ll survive without one.]

[Rosie] Rosalie has been very quiet. Nothing more than another small body among a wealth of very well bred kin and Garou. While the conversation continues between the primary parties, the kin slips her fingers inside the front pocket of her jeans and removes her cell phone. She is quiet and unobtrusive while her fingers move quickly over the Qwerty keyboard.

[Balance Without Fault] [angelina, since your post is pretty separate from this business with Bridget, you might wanna start pre-writing!]

[Hunter] [AHAHAHA, gina just got a trillion empathy suxx ;((( ]

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Prayers to Broken Stone sets his beer down and catches the eightball the way a baseball player might; both hands. He’s finishing chewing his sandwich as he goes and holds up a finger briefly to swallow, then thump himself over his chest to help work it down.

Brushing crumbs from his mouth, the intensely-blue eyed Galliard of Last Watch speaks simply, without intention for pretty wording.

“Thanks, man — Rhya, man. Uh, look I know Bridget fairly well. I think I can say with an attempt at authority she’s not insane, girl can hold her own when fist comes at face. I have no problem with her hiking in the woods. I think of some of the Kinfolk here, no respect really, but I think of them, she’d do pretty well.

So, yeah.”

He nods at the Fiann, and lobs off the eightball.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And I am passing out. The coughing has not ceased, so whatever he might say in response I can wait on for now, I think.))

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [no.. DISrespect. Hooboy.]

[Jackson Montgomery] [[Jackson: *Pitches a fit and storms out weeping*]]

[Nash] When his phone buzzes in his pocket, he does not whip it out to see who it is while still in the midst of the meeting. He hears it, and quietly steps out from between Holden and Kora to find some sort of an exit. Being as he’s never been in here before, it takes a moment before he realizes the kitchen is through the swinging doors and manages to make it that way, moving at an unhurried pace, keeping his right arm held to his ribs.

Whatever he sees when he ends up in the kitchen makes him laugh, and then the door swings shut behind him.

[Amunet Knezevic] She catches the ball, eyes on BWF and nowhere else. “I understand that it’s a bad idea, Rhya. I put more stock into Laughs in the Face of Death Rhya’s words than was evident at the time. I assure you, the idea had been abandoned long before this meeting.”

Her teeth catch the corner of her bottom lip for a moment, before her head shakes. “I apologize for the comment. To both you and Burnout Rhya as well. It wasn’t about anything pertinent to the discussion or the Nation, just something that my brother and I should discuss at a later time”

[Rosie] Blue eyes sweep over Amunet’s face but what – if anything – she’s thinking at that moment are not completely obvious. Her fingers ghost over her phone before she slides it closed and stands from her chair where she’d been sitting. There’s a quiet apology given to those seated nearest her before she edges away and manoeuvres a path through the proper area and into the kitchen.

[Balance Without Fault] [crap — this goes in before Amunet — ]

“I’d add only two admonishments to that. First: I’d keep that sort of solitude to a minimum until the kinhunter business has passed. You’ll be easy pickings on your own, miles from anyone else. Second: I hope to Gaia you’re hunting rabbits and deer, not Wyrm creatures.”

[Amunet Knezevic] [*scootches back to make room*]

[Prayers to Broken Stone] Patrick watches as one by one, Kinfolk slip into the kitchen. He cranes his neck.

“What is there some secret door I don’t know of back there?” He calls at random, then grimaces in a ‘my bad’ way if looked at sharply for speaking out of turn. He does gesture at the kitchen to others though, in a what gives manner.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget shakes her head at that. “Oh, god no. I’m not that much of a moonbrain.”

[Derek Anderson] He lean against the wall, listening, not talking. He has been one of the few Kin who didn’t speak up and was still there. And he wasn’t going to leave until the meeting was over. He was Silver Fang and he would do things properly. Beside, it was somewhat interesting. He learned a few things, watching everyone, listening.

He offered Rain and August a smile as both kin were obiosuly tired, August understandably so, being prengant and all. He will offer her andEla a ride home after the meeting and Rain too, unless she leaves with one of Kora’s people

[Gina McClaren] *Dark eyes slide from Hunter to his Fenrir Packmate. Flick to Gina’s kinfolk tribesmate. Tipsy kin contemplative as she rests against Mirror’s Whisper, considering the garou of Defiance a moment longer. Leon’s tenseness is sensed in a peripheral, instinctive manner, and dealt with just as naturally. Gina tugs his shirt-sleeve in a gesture of comradery, before settling back in to listen. She’d leave to go to “work” once the meeting was over.*

[ok! I have got to sleep or I’m just going to start typing “Ale-Alejandro Ale Alejandrooo” over and over again. Or something equally inane. Good Night folks! Have fun!]

[Joey] [Do I want to know what’s going on in the kitchen? curiositah!]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 7, 7, 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Balance Without Fault] [night!]

[Joey] It’s the laughter that has Joey looking back toward the kitchen, as the Fenrir kinsman disappears behind the swinging door. And it’s Patrick calling attention to it that has her curiosity piqued.

But this meeting is srs bznz. Joey manages to contain that desire to know. At least for now.

[Balance Without Fault] [typing, folks! sorry it’s taking a while!]

[Balance Without Fault] Balance considers Amunet a moment, then nods. “Fair enough. Let’s move on.”

A moment’s pause, reflective. Then Balance takes another drink of water, sets the eightball down beside him, and speaks.

“I think we got somewhere tonight. I think we addressed a lot of concerns, some minor and some major, that needed to be talked about. That said, I think there’s still a lot up in the air, and it’s pretty evident that we need a more permanent mode of communication between the kin and the Garou of this Sept.

“I’m taking a page from my tribesmen in southern California. I’m hereby creating two new offices in this Sept: a Sept liaison amongst the kin, and a Kin liaison amongst the Garou. Their task is simple. They represent the kin and the Garou, respectively, and they interface with each other to make sure there’s an open line of communication at all times.

“If a kin has an issue that requires the attention of the Garou, bring it to the Sept Liaison. He or she is the voice of the kin in this Sept. Whatever the issue, the Sept Liaison is in charge of speaking to the appropriate Tribal Alpha to find a resolution, or — if it’s a matter that affects all the Garou — the Kin Liaison. The Sept Liaison is also tasked with passing critical information from the kin to the Garou. I will consider allowing the Sept Liaison to stand witness at the Crackings of the Bone, though I want to hear the Philodox Elder’s opinion on protocol and precedent first.

“In complement, the Kin Liaison will attend coalition meetings — primarily as a listener, but also as a voice for the Garou when necessary. The Kin Liaison will have a direct line to me and the other Sept and Tribal Elders as necessary. It’s also my hope that the Kin Liaison will have the basic leadership skills necessary to independently handle minor issues.

“Now, as to who will fulfill these roles — Mirror’s Whisper, you spoke earlier of your pack’s role. It seems to me that you’re ideally suited to our Kin Liaison. If you’re willing, the job is yours.”

[Wyrmbreaker] It’s in the middle of Balance’s speech that the door opens and Wyrmbreaker slips back in. He takes his seat by Danicka again. He looks a little worn out, but — rather glad, surprisingly.

There’s no blood on him anywhere. He takes his mate’s hand as he sits, squeezes it once, and then turns to pay attention to the Grand Elder.

[Amunet Knezevic] Her breath catches and holds. There is absolutely no doubt how much she desires to be named to the newly formed position.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget pays a glance to Amy, her face grows concerned. Her eyes flick back to Balance Without Fault as she backs away towards the bar, making herself less obtrusive. Bridget won’t touch that with a ten foot pole unless someone beat her with it and tied it to her arms.

[Wyrmbreaker] [sorry to wreck your transcript, unbrokenites, but!

Lukas caught up to Carter outside and offered him the choice between getting exiled and going voluntarily into house arrest for a month. Carter agreed to house arrest, so he’ll be shacking up at the Loft. Sorry, Kate!

Lukas also stipulated that he’ll have a stormcrow following him around, and that he’s only allowed to be at the Loft and immediately surrounding areas or at work. If he wants a guest over, he has to get Kate’s permission.

Carter wanted to continue training kin, so Lukas said he’d ask Kate if it was okay for Carter to use the rumpus room. If not, Lukas will find him a dojo or something.

/end transmission!]
to┬áDanicka Musil, Honor’s Compass, Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Honor’s Compass] [I’m typing!]

[Danicka Musil] [Sinclair sez: HAHAHA HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN OUT THERE WITH THE KINFOLK DRAMUHZ. I’M GOING TO TIJUANA TOMORROW TO GET FIREWORKS FOR MY BIRTHDAY. WERD.]
to┬áHonor’s Compass, Sarita Ecos de la Risa, Wyrmbreaker

[Matthieu] He nods his head back at Balance without Fault and his smile shows.”Thank you, I should like that my pack serve as a representative not only of the Garou but as a display of what the Garou and Kin can accomplish together. I would proudly accept the role as I would never wish our kin in this sept to go without a voice. They are the heart of our society and I should like that we can repair any rifts between us soon enough.”He smiles and looks to the other Kin present.

[Honor’s Compass] Honor’s Compass has been frowning in consideration for some time as discussion and debate wore on; when Balance Without Fault calls for her opinion on the matter of a Kinfolk standing in attendance at the Moots, she stirs and tosses a wave of silky gold hair over a shoulder; taking hold once more of the ball.

“I see no true issue with the appointed Kinfolk Liaison attending Moots within reason. I do not believe that unless they have matters to bring forward, they need be present and when they are, it would be my advice, Rhya, that they speak only when other matters have been addressed — unless there is reason why they should speak before the collected Garou.

I would further suggest that bearing in mind whoever gains this position, that their tribal Alpha be held responsible for their safety and conduct during appearances at our Moots.”

[Honor’s Compass] [Kate has no issue with the naughty Kinfolk being chained to her house. She has a free room available for him, chains optional.

She’ll provide him with a spare key and inform him he is welcome to make use of the rumpus space as long as he’s respectful to Kate’s other guests and knows if he steps out of line she’ll put him down.]
to Danicka Musil, Sarita Ecos de la Risa, Wyrmbreaker

[Balance Without Fault] [dibs list: kate –> BWF!]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [Sarita says: “Long as I don’t have to dodge gunfire for using all the hot water in the shower, sounds like a plan.” Though she’s super-distracted at the moment, too.]]
to┬áDanicka Musil, Honor’s Compass, Wyrmbreaker

[Danicka Musil] [Sinclair sez: WEEE-OOO. TEQUILAAA.]
to┬áHonor’s Compass, Sarita Ecos de la Risa, Wyrmbreaker

[Balance Without Fault] [i’m an idiot, it wasn’t refreshing.]

[Balance Without Fault] Balance Without Fault listens to Katherine; it’s readily apparent that her word is carefully attended to and weighed. Nodding, he takes the eightball back.

“Fair enough. The Sept Liaison may attend the Cracking of the Bone as a witness. He or she may speak if and only if they have a valid concern to bring forth on behalf of all the kin. The tribal Alpha of this kin is held responsible for the Sept Liaison’s safety and conduct.

“With that said, I’ll consider nominations for the Sept Liaison now.”

[Hunter] [dibs]

[Hunter] Hunter takes the eight ball for the second time tonight and by the way he keeps glancing over his shoulder at the kitchen it’s probably going to be the last time.

“Let me just say Amy’s eager if nuthin’ else. She wants to help n’despite all that’s been said tonight, I think her hearts in the right place which is more than can be said for some kinfolk.

In saying that, I spoke with Imogen Slaughter, she’s agreed to step in and help out the cause that Amy’s started n’I think we’d all be fools not to consider her for nomination. She couldn’t be here tonight cause she’s cleanin’ up the mess one’a our kind left behind, but I think she’d do this if it were offered to her.”

The way he looks at Amy is apologetic if anything, but having said his piece, he hands the eight ball on.

[Bridget Geroux] Bridget makes her way quietly over to Patrick, then leans over and whispers something quietly to her Tribal Elder. It is the briefest of moments before she touches his shoulder and retreats into the kitchen.

[Nash] [Oh shit I’m supposed to be proxying for Liz/Kora!

Yes. Dibbage –> seconding of Hunter’s nomination of Imogen for Kora.]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[DIBS]]

[Amunet Knezevic] Just remember, some people there will be skeptical. Some may even try to show that you is not ready by trying to entice your anger. Do not let them bait you.

She brushes her hair back, putting on her very best poker face. It got them out of San Antonio unscathed, it can sure as fuck get her out of this meeting with at least a shred of dignity.

[Balance Without Fault] [go ahead, sarita – jamie was just OOCing it!]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita takes the 8-Ball. And believe it or not, she actually considers the thing for a moment before she speaks.

“I really like this idea of Kin and a Sept Liasons. It’s thinking outside the box, which is something our people don’t do often enough. And it’s my job…the job of all of my Auspice…to encourage thinking outside of the box, finding new ways to make the war work. This is exactly one of those things, so I’m a fan.”

“As to who…I’ve heard great things about Imogen. I have absolutely no doubt that they’re true. But I don’t know her. I’ve never met her, or seen her around the Brotherhood during my admittedly short time here. That’s not saying she’s negligent, and certainly I’m not here all the time. But we have a lot of kin that come in and out of here. Even the amount of time I’ve been here, I’ve seen a lot come and go. We need someone who’s regularly in contact with the kin and has their ear to the ground, and has ideas. Maybe not always the best of ideas, but that’s part of why they’ll be working with others, Garou AND Kin. Getting the right ideas pushed forward, and the well-meaning but not well thought-out ones squashed. Which, to be honest, seems to be what’s been happening.”

She twirls the magic 8-Ball like a basketball for a moment, staring at it, then looks up. “Amunet’s done the legwork. She’s got her ear to the ground, and she’s got the drive. She’s got the right ideas, even if some of the wrong are there too sometimes, and she’s willing to listen and hear other people’s opinions, take them into account, and learn from what hasn’t worked to make the right things work better. I think she’s the right person for the job.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[spins on her finger. Y’know, Harlem Globetrotter style. Since “twirls” don’t make no sense. :P]]

[Joey] [Dibs!]

[Danicka Musil] [Dibs, as well.]

[Balance Without Fault] [joey –> danicka]

[Joey] Joey holds out her hands for the magic eight ball, catches it easily if it gets tossed her way. Before she speaks, she grins at her auspicemate, would tip her hat if she were wearing one.

“My associate raises some good points. As for stickin’ around, Imogen’s a rock. She’s been here since long before I got here, an’ I’m pretty sure she’ll still be standing’ when the world’s finally fallin’ to pieces. That said,” she tosses the eight ball from one hand to the other, “Sarita’s right. She’d be a good candidate an’ all, but she’s not here. She’s out there, helpin’ clean up after our messes, but still.

“So how ’bout someone who is?” Holding the magic eight ball with one hand, once again she uses it to point, this time to the Shadow Lord kinswoman by Lukas’ side. “I suggest Danicka. She’s been around a long while, an’ though I don’t know ‘er much beyond her reputation, she’s always been nice an’ respectful.” When it seems the woman in question would like the ball next, Joey doesn’t toss it directly to her. Remembering the earlier incident, she instead lobs it underhand to Lukas.

[Joey] [oh god random apostrophe should make that “standin'” please don’t mistake her for Hunter!]

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas catches the eightball and, since he has it anyway, speaks up.

“I second that,” he says, “and not because she’s my mate. Because she’s spoken sense every time she opened her mouth. Because she’s respected by the spirits, and pays them respects in return. And because a year ago she did the legwork and set up a coalition before handing it over to the leadership of another kin — who promptly disappeared.

“She’s proved herself. If she wants the job,” and he looks at Danicka for a moment here, considering, “I’d listen to her.”

He passes it over to her.

[Matthieu] [I need to AFK a little bit hopefully Matt isn’t needed for the next half hour!]

[Balance Without Fault] [see you in a bit dude!]

[Joey] [it’s so weird seeing “dude” next to BWF’s name]

[Jackson Montgomery] [[‘Homey’ would have been even better.]]

[Honor’s Compass] [CAN KATE SPEAK. …oops, capsrage.]

[Balance Without Fault] [danicka’s got it, unless kate wants to snatch it out of her hands!]

[Honor’s Compass] [*steeples fingers* …okay, not really. But Kate does want to add something.]

[Nash] [Rage, rage against the locking of the caps.]

[Balance Without Fault] [Fencing Fox just IMed me to check on the proceedings. She wants to say Daoi would have been present, but she has to go to work, and wanted to second either Imogen or Danicka. Also, she is vehemently against Amunet, Neda, Carter and Mickey. So. Consider her NPCed!]

[Joey] [Do not go gentle into that good caps?]

[Danicka Musil] When she initially held up her hand to signal that she’d like the 8-ball to be passed to her when it was her turn, Joey had not spoken yet. And Danicka had opinions on both Amunet and Imogen. The truth is, what she has to say about one was touched on — but not expounded on — by Hunter. What she had to say about Imogen has been said twice now.

And then Lukas joins in, because Joey the athlete decided not to hurl a hard plastic ball at Danicka’s head, and Danicka turns her head to look at the Ahroun Elder. Those who can see past the curtain of her hair over her cheek can see quite plainly that it is, in fact, a Look.

By the time the Magic 8-Ball that is representing the right to speak uninterrupted in this gathering comes into her hands, Danicka’s had to completely reform what she wants to say. Nice and respectful, the Rotagar calls her. The Rotagar who wasn’t here when she lied, smiling, to the face of the woman who is now the Philodox Elder and an Adren. The Rotagar wasn’t here when Danicka whipped around and reamed out a Modi in public

then promptly left town, lest he come after her. Eeek.

Danicka takes a breath. “I think Dr. Slaughter, if she’s willing to do a job she doesn’t yet know exists, would be a more than adequate choice. She’s abrasive at best, but she’s also proven herself more than any other Kin in the city. She would be capable, if not sentimental. One of the first times I met her, she turned and fired on Spirals so that the rest of us could run. As cold as she can be, it would be wrong to suggest that she hasn’t proven herself willing to fight and die for all of us. As dismissive as she can be, and absence tonight notwithstanding, she holds more respect in the eyes of Garou than anyone else.”

A pause. She does not address Amunet as a candidate — either what she wants to say has already been said, or does not need to be said. “As for my own nomination, I’m flattered.” A beat. She knew easily what she had to say about Imogen. It is not, however, easy for Danicka to talk about herself. Not with this many people, and so many of them Garou, listening. Not with her own reputation — and, frankly, Lukas’s — affected by what comes out of her mouth. She takes another deep breath. “I suppose I accept. I would be honored to do my best, if chosen.”

Chosen, she says. Not elected. Her eyes are on Balance Without Fault, but only meeting his for a moment before — ever so respectfully — dropping to his cheekbone instead. She offers the ball out to someone who can hand it to Katherine, who has lifted her hand. Danicka does not lob anything, thank you.

[Honor’s Compass] Perhaps in times gone past, Lukas might tense to see his pack-mate; her pale eyes firmly fixed on his mate request permission from the Grand Elder to address their peers and other Kinfolk alike. Perhaps he’d clench his teeth in desperate hopes she was not about to open her mouth and opine about — well, who ever knew — but while the Silver Fang Elder studies the Shadow Lord Kinfolk nominated alongside a Fianna Kinswoman absent tonight — she does not do so with apparent glorying malice.

Rather, there’s a certain amount of quiet reflection to be had, in all honesty.

“While I respect Doctor Slaughter’s capacities a great deal, I find that I do not believe, knowing her only, I admit, as passingly as I do, that she would willingly take up this position. Imogen Slaughter does not particularly revel in long periods of association around our kind.

My feeling is she endures such, as often as she may foster relationships with some.” Here Katherine’s eyes tick to Kora.

“So it would be my vote to elect Danicka Musil, and add that while she has suffered — setbacks, tonight — and needs to be more controlled in expressing her opinion, Amunet should not be ignored for this, either. She has put in considerable time and effort, and the last thing this Sept needs or wants are Kinfolk who, feeling excluded or resentful, get themselves into trouble.

Work together, please. I have seen too many Kinfolk of my tribe and without who wind up lost, gone or simply dead.

I do not wish to witness it again.”

[Balance Without Fault] [any more dibbers? i’m gonna start typing.]

[Balance Without Fault] The magic eightball makes it way around the room, sometimes passed, sometimes tossed. Eventually it comes back to Balance Without Fault, who catches it with a sort of ease that suggests once upon a time he might’ve played ball for his highschool.

Once he has it, he turns it over in his hands for a moment. Then he looks at the kin who have, by and large, stood so silent thus far.

“This is your representative I’m choosing. Any thoughts?”

[Balance Without Fault] [i’ma give people a couple min to call dibs, and then we’re rollin’ on.]

[Derek Anderson] Derek watched and listened, silent. He didn’t say anything or reacted to any of the nominated canditates. Whoever they chose was fine by him. After all, he doesn’t need much and if something come up, well he could always reach Katherine. He was sad for those whom the old ways weren’t working but it was for him.

So why change something that isn’t broken? No reason. He was just there as a witness, because all kin were asked to come. And he stayed in the main area for it was disrecpectful to go awya in the kitchen while business that touched everyone was discussed.

He hasn’said anything but he had been there and won’t be able to complain later if things turn out badly.

[Jackson Montgomery] Jackson looks up. “Since this is my chance to speak up…I would choose Amy. I only vaguely know Danicka, no offenser. I’ve been working with Amy, and so have others who weren’t able to make it here. And I believe that someone who is involved with the current make-up should be doing it.”

Not very wordy, but it gets his point across.

[Nash] [Thanks for the scene, all! I’m told I have to go partake in a threeway or something, idk.]

[Quinn] [I’m sorry, guys, I can’t stay up any longer, I have to be up for work in a ridiculously small amount of time. Both of my PCs would stick it out until the end, and then disappear into the night. Good night!]

[Balance Without Fault] Balance lets that silence hang, his eyes moving from kin to kin, all around the room. It stretches on. It gets a little uncomfortable. It gets a lot uncomfortable. Then the Grand Elder puts the eightball down on the arm of his chair again. Stands.

“I have,” he says, “the utmost respect for Imogen Slaughter. She very nearly has the renown of a Cliath Ahroun — and it’s no secret that the spirits do not pay attention to our kin as they do our Garou. To gather such a reputation under such odds is no small accomplishment, wolves and kin of the Maelstrom, and she is to be respected.

“However,” he turns directly to Hunter and Kora, “it must also be said that Dr. Imogen Slaughter, while faultlessly dedicated and loyal to our cause, has never been one to involve herself too deeply in the Sept’s politics. Or, as far as I could tell, one who wanted to do so. She’s not here tonight because she’s out there doing what she does best — working for the cause in her own way, on her own time, without our interference. And that’s fine. The work she does justifies that. Her renown stands alone.

“Bear in mind that I’m not dictating the leader of the coalition tonight. That’s up to the kin, and that’s yet to be decided. If you want my opinion, Imogen Slaughter would be a very fine choice. However, this role we discuss tonight, the role she’s been nominated for, is one of mediation, of elbow-rubbing, of talking, of listening, of liaising. And I agree with Sarita, and with the Philodox and Ragabash Elders. She may not be suited to this. She may not even want it. She’s not here to decide for herself, and I won’t pin this title on her in her absence.

“On the other hand, Danicka Musil’s name carries weight in this Sept. She is known for her wisdom, and for glory. She’s tried before to organize the kin, and she’s proven her ability tonight to speak calmly, and with sense, even in the face of controversy and dissent. I agree with the Auspice Elders who have spoken. She deserves this role, and I trust her with it.

“If you accept this duty, Danicka, it’s yours.”

A pause. Then he turns to the final contender.

“And that leaves Amunet Knezevic. Amunet, I agree with your sister, Sarita, and your friend, Jackson, when they say your heart is in the right place. You want this position, I can see it. You want to do well.

“I can’t ignore that you’ve caused no small amount of controversy tonight; that some of your ideas were flawed, and others were borderline insane. I can’t trust you to speak alone for the kin. Not when one kin has spoken vehemently against you; not when, at times tonight, you had trouble explaining your own actions. I’m sorry.

“But the Philodox Elder speaks with wisdom: we should reward those who try hardest. We are not,” a wry nod to the Shadow Lord contingent, “a Shadow Lord Sept, that counts everything by results alone. We do not disregard heartfelt attempts, no matter how futile. After all, it might be argued our entire war is one heroic, futile attempt.

“So here’s what I’ll do. While Danicka Musil is the Sept Liaison — if she’s willing, and if you’re willing — you may serve as her assistant. You may appear where she does, attend what meetings she attends. You can listen, and learn. In time, if your elders feel it appropriate, you may be given duties and responsibilities of your own interfacing between Garou and Kin.

“Will you accept this duty?”

[Amunet Knezevic] She waits. There isn’t anything to be said, after all, until Danicka has her say.

[Danicka Musil] A deep breath is taken before Danicka answers, and she is not surprised Amunet does not want to speak til she has. There’s no need to wait for the Magic 8-Ball this time; it’s done being passed around. She’s sitting up straight on the barstool she chose at the start of all this, and nods. “I would be honored,” she says, which is only what she said before. But this does confirm it: she’s willing.

“I would be glad to work with either Dr. Slaughter or Amunet, whoever leads the coalition Amunet’s reforming, as a colleague who will help me know what issues the Kinfolk need communicated to the Sept. I would also be more than happy to have Amunet as an… assistant, if she is amenable to it.” There’s a pause, and then she turns her head slightly, looking at Amunet. “But before you answer, I do want you to understand one thing very clearly. If you decided you wanted to assist me, I would need you to not only help me, but trust me.” A beat. She stops mincing words. “And frankly, obey me. Not as an automaton, not without a voice, not without respectful discussion, but ultimately, as a subordinate. If you don’t believe you are willing to place yourself in that position, then …be my colleague only as a member of, or leader of, the coalition.”

[Amunet Knezevic] He would be so disappointed in you right now…

She nods once then smiles, directing her reply to BWF and sounding a little too much like her Shadow Lord mate in her perfectly enunciated reply. “I will of course serve the Nation in any fashion that you see fit, Rhya. Thank you for the opportunity.”

[Starla] Starla’s still there…. despite someone going to bed, this is still happening. It ain’t a dream. She blinks, looks at the proceedings that have somehow woken her up in the chair and sits and stares at all of them. The corners of her mouth twisting and flattening suddenly.

[Balance Without Fault] Balance shakes his head quietly. “It’s not an order, Amunet. It’s a duty that you can take up or lay down as you wish. If you want it — if you can live with what Danicka just said, and with the boundaries I’ve delineated — then it’s yours.

“Otherwise, you may reject it without dishonor.”

[Amunet Knezevic] Her eyes flicker to Danicka, then back. “I feel as if I should at the very least make sure that Miss Musil is up to speed on what’s being worked currently. Perhaps we should revisit the question of my continuing role once the preliminary details have been addressed.”

[Danicka Musil] Her brows draw together, her forehead wrinkled in a vague look of confusion, but Danicka doesn’t interrupt.

[Balance Without Fault] “As you wish. If you want the role, let Danicka know. Otherwise, I hope you do continue the work you’ve begun — albeit in a more moderated manner.

“Now then. Let’s wrap up.

“Matthieu Mirror’s Whisper, you are our Kin Liaison. I suggest you make use of your Galliard talent to announce this far and wide. Danicka Musil, you are our Sept Liaison. I’d suggest getting in touch with your fellow kin to spread the word.

“Together, the two of you are responsible for maintaining an open line of communication between Garou and kin, for keeping one another up to speed on the developments on both sides, and for being the first point of mediation in conflicts between Garou and kin. You should interact with individual Tribal Alphas, with the Philodox Alpha, with individual kin, and with each other. In dire circumstances, you may come before me, but it’s my hope that you’ll be able to settle most issues independently, or with the assistance of your Septmates.

“Furthermore, Matthieu, you’re responsible for attending kin coalition meetings as a listener and as a voice for the Garou. Danicka, you will be present at the Cracking of the Bone as a witness and, if necessary, as a voice for the kin. Your mate will stake his honor on your conduct and safety.

“I suggest the two of you meet with each other soon after this meeting and better delineate your working relationship. Here’s hoping it’ll be a long one.”

Addressing the gathered, then:

“If there’s nothing else, wolves and kin of the Maelstrom, thank you for coming. I think we’ve taken significant steps forward tonight, and I’m looking forward to seeing how this kin coalition pans out. There’s still food in the kitchen, if you want to take some home — otherwise, I’ll bid you a good night.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Sarita stands and looks at the Galliard Elder. “Before you go, Matthieu…we need to talk.” The look she fixes on him is a direct one. It’s not angry, but there is something a bit…intense in it. “Just give me a moment.”

She makes her way over to Amy, reaching out to touch the other’s shoulder. “Hey…”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Hey” She smiles brightly, leaning to give Sarita a quick hug. “Thank you. That was very nice of you.”

[Balance Without Fault] [hey guys, i’m bowing BWF out. thanks to everyone who stayed for the whole, 9-hour shebang! @_@ that was a lot of fun and pretty intense at times, but overall reminded me why i don’t do the moots live *LOL*]

[Jackson Montgomery] Jackson waits until it looks like they’re getting ready to go, and he looks up. He nods to the Trueborn around and moves to head out with his fellow Gaian kin.

[[Thanks Damon!]]

[Kyle] He’s been quiet the entire time. Not that he’d have been heard clearly but he really didn’t have much to say. Casually he stands and while he walks stretches out a kink from his back. Stops near Amunet and gives that casual smile but the concern in his eyes is obvious.
“You doing ok?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Oh, shut the fuck up.” She grins a bit, leaning into the hug. “It wasn’t nice, it was the truth.” She leans in, murmuring in Spanish.

[Matthieu] Matthieu listens quietly and nods his head.”I should like to speak to both Danicka and Amunet as soon as that much can be arranged. I look forward to seeing the direction this will head.”

[Leon Davenport] Leon looked at Sarita when he spoke top his Alha and he grinned. He had a good idea what the Strider want to talk to him about. Well, he didn’t care. There was nothing there and if hse pressed the issue, he hope Matthieu would tell her to be reasonable.

He doubted she would. “Have a good night Matthieu” he say to the Galliard and start to move away, unless his Alpha wnat him around for his talk with the Strider

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] ~sp~ “You made me very proud tonight. Don’t you dare let yourself think anything differently. I love you.”
to Amunet Knezevic

[Hunter] [Hunter bailed for the kitchen awhile ago! I’m bailing now too, cya later all thanks for the scene.. or saga.. I don’t think scene does it justice.]

[Amunet Knezevic] “I’m fine, Kyle. Thank you. It’s good to see you again.” The smile doesn’t so much as flicker, turned from Kyle back to Sarita as she nods in response to whatever was said to her.

[Derek Anderson] The meeting was over, he needed to get home. He texted Kristen, asking her if she felt like joining him at his place. He bid farewell to Lukas and Katherine, as well as Danicka since she was beside the Shadow Lord Adren “Congatulation”he tell her

Sarita and Amy gets both a nod and he heads out

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She sighs a bit, looking concerned. She gives Amy a hug once more. “I need to talk to Matthieu. Let’s do something in the next day or two, okay?”

[Prayers to Broken Stone] [Thanks all! If nobody needs my PCs, I’ma say they both wander out. :)]

[Amunet Knezevic] “Of course. Come by the condo.” She hugs her sister, then lets her go and moves toward Stefan as he emerges from upstairs.

[Danicka Musil] Danicka nods, rather simply, to Balance Without Fault, a gesture of respect and perhaps gratitude, though not for the position so much as the trust it implies. When he closes the meeting, she slides off of her barstool and walks over to Matthieu before people can stir up and depart too quickly.

She takes a small pad of paper out of her bag and writes down her number, handing it over to him. “You can call me whenever you need to. Weekends and evenings are best, due to classes, but I’ll make myself available to your schedule.”

To Amunet, when she makes her way over there, she gives a small smile. “If you change your mind, let me know. But you have my contact information. It’s now literally my job to make sure you and the rest of the coalition are involved, informed, and heard. So don’t hesitate.”

Making sure the Tribal Alphas and other Kin know how to get in touch with her and even know who she is will wait another day, though, it seems. Danicka moves back towards Lukas and, catching Katherine’s eye briefly as she does so, gives the other woman a small smile, perhaps coming with a little more difficulty than the one she gave to Amunet. A small nod. The meaning there is even harder to read than the Look she gave Lukas earlier.

Katherine will understand, though. They haven’t always had the best and brightest relationship, these two.

She leans over to Lukas then and exhales as she gathers up her coat, saying something quietly to him.

[Matthieu] He stands slowly and nods his head back to Sarita. His attention on her before he looks to the others.”Let’s go speak away from prying ears then shall we?”He asks her as he begins to lead her in the direction of the Kitchen.

[Kyle] “You’re busy. I’ll catch you around the tracks I guess.”
Looks to both Sarita and Amunet as he casually makes his way for the kitchen to grab a snack and head up stairs.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods to Matthieu once Amy is gone, looking to him. “Sounds good.” He moves to follow along behind him.

[Matthieu] He walks with her into the other room and offers u a little smile.”What seems to be the problem here?”
to Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Wyrmbreaker] The gathering is breaking up; Lukas catches Sarita’s eye as she moves off with Matthieu. The look is — complex. Some touch of compassion; some hint of apology; mostly, though, just a sort of recognition and acknowledgment. Of their relationships, perhaps. To each other. To their kin.

Then he’s turning, bending to hear what Danicka is saying while he reaches for his own coat.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “The problem is simple.” She’s angry now. She’s letting herself show it. Not raging…she does not not even have the capacity to frenzy, except in odd situations. Not even furious. But she’s angry. “Why is one of my tribe’s kin playing footsie with Leon’s knee?”
to Matthieu

[Wyrmbreaker] Whatever it is she says, Lukas laughs quietly; murmurs something back, then takes her coat from her and holds it while she slides into it.

Then he’s lifting his own, sliding it over his shoulders. The gathering has dissipated; he nods to the few that remain as he departs with his mate.

[Danicka Musil] [Thank you guys — those of you still in the room! For the RP. :] I honestly had a blast.]

[Matthieu] “Miss McCalister and I are old friends… She and I are close. I cannot say why she and Leon might have been playing footsies though I do know they have had a short dialogue once or twice. He confessed this to me himself… In fact he’s been quite responsible even going so far is to get my permission simply to associate with other kin.”He smiles a little.”I don’t see the harm, I would not let my beta harm a single hair on your Kin’s head. He’s been careful not to cross any distinct boundaries. She and Leon, as I understand, are little more than passing friends.”He looks up at her.”If anything I suspect it was me Gina was visiting Leon happening to be by my side was simply a matter of fate. He is my Beta, as a result I would not let him do anything to break our agreement.”He says back to her.

“However I understood that it was only your Sister whom Leon was allowed not contact at all and required to keep a distance from. Leon has been doing quite well to tell me who he has talked to and his reasons for doing so and I assure you he is not up to no good with your kin.”He says with a reassuring little smile.
to Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Wyrmbreaker] [i’m out too! thanks again, folks! i had fun too :] ]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I know you’re close, Matthieu. Gina’s alluded to a Silver Fang who wanted to take her on as a mate. I can do the math, it’s either you, Kate or Ivan and she’s not Kate’s type. So I’m guessing I’m on the right side of the 50/50 odds here. And I don’t have a problem with that. Gina, Amy, Kyle…they can hang out with whoever they want, they can–and I’m not implying here–date and sleep with whoever they want. I’m okay with that. But sometimes, I have to step in. Because I wouldn’t be doing my job as tribal elder if not.”

She frowns. “I want to be clear here. I bet he’s doing a wonderful job of not assaulting kinfolk. Faboo. But until someone challenges me to claim her, she’s my responsibility, and let me be perfectly clear…she is not to be anywhere near Leon. Period point-blank. And if you won’t stop it, I will tell her so myself, which will force me to tell her why.”
to Matthieu

[Matthieu] He smiles just a Hint though he says nothing in regard to whether or not she might be correct in his guess.”Gina is my friend… We’ve been friends since before I met either of you, and I would imagine we always will. It seems like a near impossibility for me to keep Leon and Gina from, themselves, coming into contact. I can ask Leon to obey this but Gina is a social creature and likely to seek him out. It seems like I would be attempting to do the impossible here by only informing one side that the other is not allowed to see them. Still if you are going to be insistent on the matter I can attempt to speak to him and hopefully the matter can be resolved until such point as you change your mind.”He then continues.

“I should also mention a matter of some concern for me. It would appear that the Alpha of Defiance has caught wind of this little matter and he has set out upon a smear campaign against my Beta in relation to other kin.”He says before peeking up at her.”I would like that if this matter is to be buried it be buried… Having the Alphas of other packs walking around carrying judges does not put this matter behind us. It goes, both, against the spirit of our agreement and shows a lack of Honor on the part of another Garou. This matter ended with our arrangement and other Garou have no place involving themselves to any degree.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I agree with that. And I will try to talk to Hunter. As I told you in our initial talk, he knew before that point. I can’t make people un-know something. He hates Leon. Frankly, I kind of do, too, but not the point. I will talk to him and see what I can do. You talk to Leon and see what you can do. Hopefully we’ll both be successful.”

She frowns. “She doesn’t think so, but I like Gina. I care about her, and I worry about her. If she would let me in, she’d see that. But I get it. Just…” She shakes her head, frowning and looking away. “Take care of her, please. I know you will, but I have to say it.”

[Matthieu] “I am going to give you my honest opinion here and I know you are not going to like it but I must give it anyway. I feel that you are not willing to leave this matter behind… I hear in your voice a bitter deep seeded hatred for my pack mate for which you will never forgive him.”He shrugs his shoulders.

“I was not there to pass judgement on what he did to your sister but when we challenge or another suffers punishment in response to his or her crimes we leave the matter alone. When the challenge is settled the challengers leave the ring and their grudges behind them.”

“Neither you nor Burnout appears willing to do this. I have asked my Packmate on my honor to accept a deal which I felt was in the best interest of all involved. He has trusted me and done well to show by example that he is following through with his punishment. He is taking the high road and walking away with his punishment with his head held high. Where as you continue to brood and hold him in neglect for a matter which should no longer be a concern.”

He stops walking and turns to face her.”What you are doing here is not in Gina’s best interest. What you are doing here is attempting to use what power you have to hurt my Packmate to do just that. I do not like it, and I do not care for it one bit… But you are the eldest of your tribe and so long as you continue to be I will respect your wishes. This matter cannot be resolved until everyone involved lets go and stops holding a grudge. This is not honor it is vengeance and it’s only going to hurt everyone who is involved if it continues along this path.”

“If you want my advice, and you might not, what you need to do is let this matter go. This kind of thing happens in our society on a regular basis. Continuing to holda lapse in judgment against my Beta harms everyone it affects. It will breed his mistrust and dislike for you and it will continue to breed your own dislike and mistrust for him. In the meantime Gina is caught in the middle and Burnout simply has no place in the matter in the first place. Still it is not my place to decide. I will tell my Beta that he is to have no contact with Gina whatsoever and I will work to keep them from maintaining any degree of contact.”

“If that is all? I will be on my way.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “No, I’m not Matthieu. I’m doing it because even if you trust him, I don’t. Did you know that a kinfolk of his sat for like, two days before she got cleansed after being attacked by a Wyrm thing?”

She frowns and shakes her head. “Think I’m doing it for whatever reason you like. You can dislike me for it, Leon and Gina can hate me. It’s no skin off my fine ass. Leon made it clear that after our agreement? Yours and mine? His hatred of me was sealed in stone. He refuses to get over it. I don’t care about him as long as he’s not in direct danger of my kinfolk. If I wanted to harm him, I have ways, and you know I do.”

A pause. “Also, just to make sure…you said you would be asking Kate about giving him training under a Philodox. How’s that going?”

[Matthieu] “That is a failing of the society in which we live and not necessarily a matter that speaks ill of his character.”He then nodded his head.”My Beta feels betrayed… He feels the matter had been resolved and that it was not until much later that the matter was brought back up. Indeed if you and Leon had an arrangement, and I believe you might have, then it was a somewhat dishonorable manner to approach his Alpha later on in an attempt to see him punished again twice for the same crime. Now… he is being punished a third time by asking that he have no contact with a friend of his.”He says back to her.”That would make three times you have punished him for the same crime. I am not a Half Moon but I do not need to be a half moon to see the unbalance in this matter.”

“I belong to a house who has long prided itself on fairness and honor. I do not feel that my Beta is being given a fair shake in this matter. We are, however, and honorable pack and Leon will do as you command. You are Gina’s tribal elder and you have every right to ban them from contacting one another.”He then nods his head and smiles.”I will address that matter just as soon as I can catch her while she is free. In the meantime we are sizing up a few qualified candidates.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “We had no agreement. He threw two grand in my metaphorical face and said he’d leave her alone. I never told him we were all good after that. I’ll make that clear. And I don’t consider Gina being kept from him to be a punishment for him. I consider it looking out for my kinfolk’s welfare. When I’m satisfied that he’s been through his anger management training, then it’s all good. Until then, I’m sorry but I still don’t trust him because he hasn’t had the opportunity to improve himself.”

A little nod. “Let me know when you have. I’ll pass along the message that you’d like to talk to her if you like. I won’t say why; I’ll let you handle that. Other than that…yes, we’re done.”

[Matthieu] He nods his head.”Alright then if you could convey the message it would be helpful. She’s a very busy woman these days.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Will do. Have a good one, Matthieu.” A nod, and she makes her way out.

Advertisements

Visiting The Condo For the First Time

[Amunet] She’s given her sister directions to the building, one of the high rises on the Mile that suited Stefan’s preference for the security of double digit floor numbers.

Drinks are already poured, and she’s clearly nervous as she waits for Sarita to arrive.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She pulls the Bitchmobile up to the outside of the place, whistling as she looks up. A little smile hits the duster-wearing Strider, a tank top and jeans underneath. A little grin and she hits the buzzer at the front door.

[Amunet] There’s only a touch of the tinny sound that intercoms bring to someone’s voice, when it comes over the speaker.

“Sar?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Well it ain’t Lindsay Lohan looking for a place to crash on the run from the law.” She smirks. “Open up, chica. Or I’ll huff and puff or some shit.”

[Amunet] A laugh floats through the speaker, and a second later the door is buzzed open.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She slips inside, hitting the elevator and waiting in their as it takes her up. Not long after, she’s knocking on the front door.

[Amunet] The door yanks open instantaneously. She grins nervously, stepping aside and gesturing Sarita in.

“Hey”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Hey there hostess.” She grins and slips in, leaning over to wrap an arm around her. “Good to see you…”

She trails off, looking around the place. “Hot damn, girl.”

[Amunet] She hugs her back tightly, nodding with big eyes when she pulls away. “I know, right?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I believe we call this shit ‘Living the Dream.'” She grins as she looks around. “Very nice…I like it.”

[Amunet] “This is insane. Don’t you think it’s insane? What the hell happened?”

Taking Sarita’s arm, she guides her through to the kitchen and waiting drinks

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “It’s a little wacky, yeah.” She follows along, blinking at the kitchen. “I think the Bitchmobile may fit in here.”

[Amunet] “Yeah…. I think it would fit in my closet.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Jesus.” She takes one of the drinks and takes a lean against the counter. “Well…color me officially impressed.”

[Amunet] “You ever think your baby sister would own a condo?” She grins, but it fades quickly. “Well, Stefan owns it, but still.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Hey, y’all are mated. What’s yours is yours and what’s his is yours.” She winks. “And also, no I didn’t. Again with the very nice.”

[Amunet] She smiles a little. “So I get a condo, and he gets a shady past. That’s fair. You want to go sit? It’s too cold for the other balcony.

[peek] [GET IN THE SAUNA]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Yeah, sure.” She nods and gestures for Amy to lead the way.

[Amunet] She links arms with Sarita, leading her back to the couch, television clicked on as she settles in. “So yeah. This is it. Pretty far fucking cry from the house in Bronzeville, hey?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Very far cry.” She settles back and looks over at her. “How are you doing with the transition?”

[Amunet] She takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly. “I’m kind of freaked out. I mean, it’s good, right? I should distance myself from all of that.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I think so, yeah.” She nods. and takes a drink from her glass. “I think this is really good for you, and I’m happy for you too.”

[Amunet] “Esteban would shit himself.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “No shit.” She grins at that. “Feels good, don’t it?”

[Amunet] “It feels fucking fantastic.” She nods and grins. “Both of us, you know? We’ve done pretty good.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I know.” She smiles and nods. “Top of the world ma, and all that. It’s nice.”

[Amunet] “How’s everybody at the loft? Not like you’re in the fucking ghetto over there, you know?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She chuckles and shrugs. “It’s okay. Sinclair’s gone for a while…had to run out to deal with family shit in Cali. She’s still with us, just…not here. We also got two new Fangs in the city hanging out there. Brothers.”

[Amunet] “Oh, FANTASTIC.” Her nose wrinkles.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She chuckles. “Seriously. One of them is so enthusiastic, it’s painful. The other I haven’t talked to much yet.”

[Amunet] “Next place we go? Fang free. Promise me.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I didn’t know you had a huge problem with Fangs.” She smirks. “Or are you a Shadow Lord devotee already?”

[Amunet] “I’ve had a problem with Fangs ever since St. Louis.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Okay, point.” She nods. “Though in fairness, we didn’t help that sitch any.”

[Amunet] “Still. Call me wary.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Okay, Wary.” She looks at her and grins. “Wary Kahnez…sohvachy?”

[Amunet] She grins again “I don’t know what would have pissed Esteban off more. That I wound up with a Lord, or that I changed my last name.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Six of one, half-dozen of the other Mrs. Karate-sovich.”

[Amunet] “Do you really just not know how to say it, or do you plan on fucking with me until I punch you?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Ehh, little of both.” She grins and takes a sip of her drink.

[Amunet] She pronounces it carefully, then playfully punches her arm

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She cracks up. “You know I’m still gonna mispronounce it. Sometimes, not even on purpose.”

[Amunet] “Hell, I’m still afraid I’m going to mess it up.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “You shoulda made him change his name. Trujillo? Simple.”

[Amunet] “Yeah, but Stefan Trujillo doesn’t sound nearly as cool as Amunet Knezevic.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She pauses, considering. “Okay, admittedly that is pretty badass.”

[Amunet] “See? There’s a method to my madness.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I never said there wasn’t, chica.” She smiles a moment, then her eyes widen. “Oh. So guess who woke me up at NINE in the fucking morning the other day, yelling his ass off?”

[Amunet] Her eyes get big too “Ohgod. Who?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Leon.” She snorts. “Apparently–get this–he was pissed that I quote-unquote ‘put his kinfolk in harm’s way.'”

[Amunet] “The kin that I specifically told to stay the fuck back? The one that Stefan has to cleanse at Nathalie’s expense, because he didn’t bother to do it? THAT kin?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “That’d be the one, yeah.” She nods with a smirk. “He was all threatening to take it to Lukas and shit. I bitched him out and hung up on his ass.”

[Amunet] “I would pay good money to see him go to Lukas and explain that.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “That was sorta what I told him. Amidst all the cockpunch’s and cuntribbons, anyway.”

[Amunet] She laughs, nearly spitting vodka. “Cuntribbon?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Cuntribbon.” She nods. “Hey, I was woken up at nine in the fucking morning. I am not required to make sense at that time of day.”

[Amunet] “That’s fantastic. That probably confused the fuck out of him.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She rolls her eyes. “He was all playing it off. ‘Myeh myeh myeh, love your language, it’s so unimpressive, myeh myeh myeh.'” She snorts. “Douche.”

[Amunet] “God I fucking hate him. What was I thinking?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I believe you were thinking ‘He’ll keep me from obsessing about John.'”

[Amunet] “Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly what I was thinking. So that worked out” She rolls her eyes. “Jesus I was an idiot.”

Setting Eve Straight (Or Trying To)…

[Eve] Eve spends time at the caern because it’s one of the few places she can comfortably spend time in her breed form. She likes it. It’s comfortable. It’s one of the few places she can loiter as a giant, war-formed beast and not feel as though she should be ashamed of it.

She should be ashamed of it, though, because she’s metis. She’s a living embodiment of the sins of another. Then again, Eve’s also a Bone Gnawer- as such, she simply doesn’t give a fuck. Being in crinos at the caern means she’s not breaking the Veil and she’s not going to get her ass kicked.

The Bone Gnawer is at the shrines, paying heed to Rat in particular with a bag of M&M’s. She picks out the green ones and leaves them at the base of the cardboard palace. One by one, the candies line up in front of the shrine. She leaves a construction paper picture. She does it all so incredibly carefully that it seems almost wrong. Something that strong being that careful with things so painfully delicate.

We don’t digress; we open the scene at the shrines in the caern. Child of Rat lingering on stage right.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The Strider, on the other hand, doesn’t spend as much time at the Caern as others. Not to say she never visits; far from it. But she generally has other things on her plate. Crazy half-sister, pack members dying or heading to California, crazy half-sister…oh, we mentioned that already, didn’t we? Yes, we did. And by ‘we,’ we mean you. Well, it’s a lot of her time. You’d think it’s be the psycho’s problem now. It isn’t like she doesn’t care about her because she’s mated. Still. Oh, hush.

At any rate, today she does find herself in the caern, walking through the shrines. She is making her way to Perun’s shrine…that of her pack. Along the way she pauses as she senses someone else, and her eyes turn to Eve. Sarita hasn’t really talked to Eve much, and her last experience was…quite an impression. So a brief frown crosses her expression, before it evens out and she nods to the Philodox.

“Hey, chica.”

[Eve] She looks at the shrine, and she pays close attention to it. It’s her moon in the sky and there is an awkward amount of serenity there, despite being… well, now. Eve’s not out of control. Far from it. Something about her tells an important story, told all in the way she’s failing to crush tiny, candy-coated chocolate when she puts it down.

She looks at Sarita. She looks hungry. Eve always looks hungry, though, she’s a Bone Gnawer. Not emaciated, just… thin enough that she might not have qualms taking a chunk out of whatever is thrown her way. Living. Dead. Food. Other.

It takes effort, but she shifts down to homid. A brief flash of rage and she snaps to homid in much the same way others snap to crinos.

“Hey,” she doesn’t seem to be too good at words, either. She shifts through the bag, and she seems content for now. She’s out of green ones.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “How you doing?” She resists the urge to light up in here. There are some places that even the sometimes-chain smoking Strider won’t spread processed tobacco smoke, and the totem shrines is one of them. “You seem better than you were at the Gathering…”

It comes out, perhaps, flatter than she intended it. It was supposed to be a friendly tone, but…well. It just came out the slightest bit less so.

[Eve] “My rib cage is solid again. I can’t complain.”

Eve, however, does come across flat. When she stands, there’s details about her that are more easy to notice. the fact that she’s tall. The fact that she’s strong. The fact that she’s built like one of her packmates and still could stand to put on a few pounds. Eve doesn’t blink enough. That’s the most important thing. She doesnt’s eem to recognize that she needs to do it.

“Sorry about your kin,” she says as an afterthought, “that had to be hard on her.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She takes a lean against a sturdy-looking tree, watching the other. Sarita is certainly not built like a warrior; she’s all litheness and curves. She clearly fits more of the Ragabash ideal…odd, perhaps, considering she led a charge alongside another No-Moon into battle just a couple days ago. But then, when your Galliard decides it’s time to fire off the pea shooter, everyone has to improvise.

“Don’t mean to sound a bit skeptical, and thanks for the words…” She tilts her head to the right, toward the tree. “But you really mean that? You an’ Joey weren’t exactly looking like you were pleased to see Amy.”

[Eve] “I wasn’t.”

Wow. That’s to the point.

“And I’m still not. What she did was genuinely cruel, but kinfolk are precious. I don’t wish bad things on her,” this is a real and sincere effort. The talking, that is. The putting of her feelings and thoughts into some verbalized form. She is nothing like a tree or a rock or anything of the sort. She’s just a philodox. One that will have no repute to her name and no great marks on society, save for a name she never carved.

“But I don’t have a right to be angry anymore.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She frowns. “What do you think she did that was so cruel?” It’s short, and to the point. Sarita doesn’t understand this. Selfish, she gets. But cruel..does not compute.

[Eve] [you aren’t one for words. Cha+expression, diff 7]
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 1, 9 (Success x 1 at target 7) [WP]

[Eve] Eve just looks at Sarita, it’s a look that’s half expectant, half frustrated, half appalled, half pained. No, more than half pained, but the fractions don’t add up. They come out as more than her brain can process and as more than she can actually articulate.

It’s all on her face, too. Eve’s an open book- there’s no benefit in deception.

“John and I are metis,” she says, “she came to him and was everything we’re not allowed to have. Even if they did love each other-” and god, that visibly pains Eve to say “-he wouldn’t have been allowed to keep her. It would have been a slap in Owl’s face. He knew that.”

She’s getting through this entire speech via force of will, it seems.

“And she should know that. But she comes back after he dies, and stands with some Shadow Lord I’ve never even seen… and keeps at his side… and leaves momentos and grieves like she has a right. Proof it’s all a joke.”

She takes a long time, and Eve swallows. Her eyes are closed because she’s trying, trying damnably hard at that, to get through her thoughts.

“We don’t get to keep something as precious as kinfolk. He left town with her. He left us for her. He sacrificed everything and comes back as a fucking zombie. And she can’t even have the decency to wait until his corpse is cold before moving on.”

She looks at Sarita, and Eve looks like she might start crying. Her eyes are watery, but she doesn’t even notice.

“That’s not love, that’s a joke. I’ll bet it was real fucking funny, too. She never should have made a move in the first place.”

Now that there’s silence, that us sounds a lot like me.

“It’s like showing a starving child food.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She frowns as she listens. Her head tilts, considering what the Philodox has to say. After she’s done, Sarita nods.

“I understand what you’re saying Eve. But to be frank? You’re wrong. Amy was under my protection. Who she was involved with didn’t have anything to do with what Katherine would have said, or anyone else. Fuck’s sake, Hunter got me so worked up about the idea that Katherine would have strung John up that she made me forget that who Amy is with…that’s a Tribal matter. I’m the Strider Elder, and if they hadn’t been freaking out in my face over it, I might have remembered that Katherine and everyone else? They had no say in the matter of who a Strider kinfolk was involved with. Only I had that say and if people hadn’t been busy trying to tell me otherwise, this might have all been avoided.”

“As to Stefan…” She frowns. “Lemme just say this. She’s with that guy because she’s tired of being alone, and she’s tired of being in pain. The guy she loves is dead. The guy she knows will take care of her is at her side, but it’s not love. It’s feeling like she’s less than worthless and needing someone who tells her otherwise. I know you’re hurting, and I know you’re angry. And I get that. But there’s another side to this story that I don’t think you get.”

[Eve] “Oh,” she says, and at that point… it’s oddly calm. Disturbingly calm. The candy goes in her pocket, and she observes the ragabash, “then logically speaking, you’re taking responsibility for the fact that my packmate is dead and your kin is traumatized. Is that correct? I never mentioned Katherine or any rulings that she made during the course of my argument, so I am unsure as to why her ruling is pertinent beyond referencing precedent.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I didn’t say you did. I’m saying that other people got on me about what she’d do. And yes, that got me turned around and probably made the whole damn thing more secretive than it needed to be.”

She pauses. “But what they left town over had nothing to do with them being secret. John found out that someone Amy started to get involved with before him hit her in Crinos form, and he flipped out and killed a cop. There was a warrant out for his arrest, and that’s why he fled the city. Amy went with him. She didn’t make him break your pack link…she didn’t even know it ~was~ broken, far as I know, until well after he did it.”

She sighs. “Fact of the matter is, Eve. John’s death wasn’t anyone’s fault. Maybe a lot of people did little things that contributed. If others hadn’t gotten me turned around, if I had tried to stop Amy from seeing him and then tried to make it secret, if Amy hadn’t been with him, if someone else hadn’t hit Amy, if John hadn’t killed that cop, if he hadn’t severed the pack link. If he hadn’t come back to town to see her. If Defiance had tried to track him down after he left. If you want to blame someone, you have a lot of people who did things that contributed.”

“But the truth is, it’s the fucking Wyrm who killed him. Whether it happened from Peoria to Chicago, or in New Mexico, or Grant Fuckin’ Park. The Bane that possessed him was what killed him. And if you’re pointing the blame anywhere else, it’s only because you can’t be angry at something that’s already gone.”

[Eve] “… and I blame all of them, Sarita. Humans for being oblivious, my pack for not being there in time, myself for not trying hard enough, you for your excuses, and Amy for being a catalyst. And even John, for not having the sense to know better. Blaming the wyrm is easy, but we let it into our hearts anyway.

“I hate you all. And I am not ready or willing to forgive everyone yet.”

She is silent for that time. She lifts up her bag of M&M’s.

“I need to go give these to John,” she says.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She sighs. The expression on her face is clear, that she’s worried for Eve. She’s probably a little angry too, that the woman seems intent on hating everyone around her. But Sarita is not a creature of high rage…that helps the other emotions to express more. She just sighs, and nods.

“Go on, chica. I won’t keep you. I hope you come to terms with it soon before it destroys you.”

[Eve] “Don’t worry,” she says, “you can always make more metis.”

With that blasphemous note, she heads on her way.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She blinks, then shakes her head.

“Fuck’s sake.” A sigh and then she’s on her way to Perun.

An Ugly Phone Conversation

[Leon Davenport] Early in the morning, Sarita’s phone will ring, around 9 am

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] It rings four times and would probably go to voicemail if another moment had passed. Finally there’s a click though, and a groggy Strider.

“What the hell time is it?”

[Leon Davenport] “Hello Sarita” He say in a very flat, cold, expresionless voice “How are you doing?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Holy shit.” She doesn’t sound any more awake. The words might as well be an unintelligible groan by the tone, but words they are nonetheless.

“If this is some kind of nightmare where I get woken up again and again by people I don’t wanna talk to, I’m-a find Freddy Krueger and kick his ugly sweater-wearing ass. How am I doing? I’m awake at…” A pause. “Nine in the morning. So not good. What’s up, Leon?”

[Leon Davenport] “Sorry to wake you up” It was so incredibly insincere “Would you mind telling me what happened yesterday, in a cemetary?” He was polite, cordial and very fake.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “You know, there’s a law somewhere that people are not responsible for their actions for like five minutes after they wake up. So if I were to tell you to fuck off? I’m not responsible for that.”

A pause, and then… “Oh, right. Fuck off.”

[Leon Davenport] “Is that your final answer? Because I will hang up, call your pack Alpha and ask him WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING A KIN UNDER MY PROTECTION IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION, KNOWING SHIT WOULD HAPPEN?”

He say clearly not happy “Or do you prefer to cahnge your answer so we can come to an agreement? After all, you did disrespected my territory. And we both know it’s ont a good thing right?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] There’s a pause. There’s a long pause. And then she’s awake when she speaks.

“Are you honestly trying to compare Amy and Mickey. Are you fucking serious?”

[Leon Davenport] “No, I’m not comparing it..not exactly. But you did willnigly put a kin under my protection in danger. You knew something bad would probably happen, contrary to the St-Patrick’s event. She didn’t have to be in the cimetary, she shouldn’t have been invited. You want ot get your sister killed. That’s your choice. I have no problems with that. You try to get those I promised to protect killed, now that doesn’t suit well with me

So no, the offense is not the scene, thought yo did get her injured. Not by your hand but still, you should have known better. I want to know. What will you do about it?’

[Leon Davenport] (*the offense is not the same…)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Okay, let’s be clear here, you shit-for-brains. I did not get her injured. She was in the back of the group being protected and she chose to go investigate an RV that I ~SPECIFICALLY SAD~ was covered in Banes in the Umbra while I tried to kill a big nasty fucker that looked like steroids was is particular flavor of Slur-Pee. There was absolutely no guarantee of a fight, we were trying to avoid it in fact. So if you try to tell me that I got her injured, that’s like saying that you got someone injured because you took them to a baseball game and they got smacked in the face with a foul ball.”

“FURTHERMORE, cockpunch–one of the other Garou there rushed to her aid very quickly and got her to safety. Then took her back so she could get healed. So please, tell me how I GOT your kin injured. Explain away, cuntribbon.”

[Leon Davenport] “I lvoe your language Sarite…it’s hmmmm how would I put, unimpressive. All right, let’s say you did the good den mother, and put her in the back. Let’s say that you actually did everything in your power so she wouldn’t be injured. I will grant you that.

The question remains…why the fuck was she doing there? You didn’t pbring her to a baseball game, you brought her to a live ammo training exercise. So tell me how was that smart, Einstein?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I brought her to a funeral, you moron. Who the fuck shoots people at a God damned funeral?” She snorts. “For fuck’s sake dickhead, your very own PACK is about turning the city against the Wyrm and using Kin as much as Garou to aid in that struggle. I was there when the purpose was discussed, remember? You guys yourself acknowledged that sometimes, Kin will put themselves in danger for the mission. Mickey chose to risk herself. I think she was insane for doing so, but she did. And when she took that risk, she accomplished a GREAT thing. She protected the veil. She got hurt, and the Garou there DID THEIR JOB. So you have nothing to be pissed about, and I will accept your ‘thank you for keeping my kinfolk as safe as possible on the mission–which had no guaranteed riskm once again–while that kinfolk did exactly what Harrier’s Grace strives to do.’

“You’re fucking reaching here on this one, Leon. I mean, really. Let’s not pretend that there are Glass Walker kin out there doing much more dangerous things to help find the kinfolk hunter, and that you’ve taken the time to call any of the people working with them.”

[Leon Davenport] He listened to her “What Harrier’s Grace is looking to do is using kin’s skills to help against the fight. Not use them in ways there are not trained to. And to be honest, it kinda speak poorly of you and the others if a wounded kin had to help you protect your breach. Seriously.

So you’re right, Mickey did a great thing, the fault is not with her. It’s bringing her in a situation where her skills weren’t necessary. And you did the least you could do, and it was to keep her alive. So congratulation, you’re the best. Fuck you very much

And yes, some kin are doing dangerous thing out there, probably from their home, doing research and all. But anyone bring an untrained Glass Walker kin on the field and I will call them and have a very nice discussion with them as well. Just a reminder, next time you decide to bring a Glass Walker out to hunt the Wyrm, better make sure they’re trained for it and armed. Because a wild shot could probably kill anyone, especially if they’re not used ot firefights or fighting period. If oyu want ot have stupid kin who will fight lbindly, bring some Get Kin.

It’s that too much to ask you, or you think you could at least manage that?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She could argue this all day. All fricking day, and she knows he wouldn’t admit that he was wrong. It’s like talking to a brick wall. “You know what, Leon? I’m going to speak in very slow words. Weee diiiiid nooot gooo theeeere tooo fiiiiight. I can say it in multiple languages if you give me a minute and I can figure out how to work my damn phone to translate shit. I will avoid bringing her on the next raid of the motherfucking Hive. But the bottom line is, I don’t owe you shit, and if you really want to use this as an excuse to get back at me for telling on you to your own fucking Alpha, then fine. Go talk to Lukas. I’ll be there and explain my side, as well as what I believe your true motivations behind it are. Then, we can get the Philodox Elder, ’cause we’ll need to get down to the truth of things. Let’s see who’s still walking by the end.”

“Now, go run along and try to avoid beating on any more kin. You have a LOT of nerve calling ME to yell at me about endangering kin. Douche.”

And yes, she doesn’t give him a chance to respond. She hangs up on his ass.

[Leon Davenport] (and scene over)

Rob Liefeld Is Wyrmspawn!

[Black Dynamite] It’s been one week since the death of the man outside Mickey’s bar. Newspaper articles identified the man and the woman as Dylan and Tara Davis, and identified Dylan’s death as a tragic accident caused by too much drinking on St. Patrick’s Day, and notes that police are looking for the person driving the BMW that hit him and ran. No other foul play seems to be suspected, and cell phone pictures taken at the scene were too dark and shaky to be useful to police investigations.

The funeral is today. The brother and sister – twins, according to the paper, though it would be hard to mistake them for anything but – are recent transplants to Chicago from the Atlanta area, but they apparently have no desire to send te body back for burial. It’s a cold, gray day, and the cemetary, a small affair about ten miles outside Chicago proper, is almost empty. No other vehicles are present except an RV parked near the burial site, and no other mourners are there but the dead man’s twin sister. Her brother is being buried in a small above-ground tomb.

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ki is relieved, to say the least. He has gotten assistance in getting dressed, so is hopefully appropriately dressed. Unless something else was picked out for him. Either way, he doesn’t seem to mind in the slightest. He is prepared to travel, and prepared to fight. A little bit twitchy, to say the very least.*

[Administrator] snail, welcome to General Chicago (Day)

[Amunet Knezevic] Amy’s gathered them all at the cemetery, staying back and out of the way to watch for now. She’d expected more people really.

Hell. She’d expected SOME people.

“Okay. Well. Kind of hard to blend in with a crowd of one.” She keeps her voice low, so it doesn’t carry to the woman at the tomb. “Suggestions?”

[Kieran Mondblume] *He raises his hand at that.* I have an idea. With no one else around, we can go up, and draw the woman away, and then punch her in the face.

[Mickey Waller] Amy asked if she wanted to go to a funeral, and she’s honestly curious about what the hell this is all about. She’s got a hat on, one that hides her hair- pre-emptive, this time. Her kin fetch hangs under her shirt, and she’s dressed non descriptly. She knows how to blend in, has done it countless times, as long as her hair is hidden.

… hard to blend with no people though.

There is a ghost of a smile at Ki’s words, and a shake of her head. “… not entirely sure at all here. I’ve never seen a funeral of ONE before.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She’s dressed down a bit. By which she means no duster, just a leather jacket, black jeans and a matching black black T-Shirt. Hey, it’s a funeral. She’s dressing appropriately. She frowns a bit as she looks the thing over, from her spot just behind Amy, looking over her shoulder.

“AWK-ward…” She frowns. “This is gonna be interesting.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Tell me again what happened when you pushed him, Ki.”

[Kieran Mondblume] I… pushed him, trying to keep him away from the girl. I didn’t MEAN to push him into the street, I just meant to push him out of the WAY. *He is talking quietly – it seems he CAN. He IS a Ragabash, after all.*

[Black Dynamite] Even the priest looks bored as he intones meaningless platitudes. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. He stands over the coffin, a cheap, ugly affair obviously chosen due to price rather than any other considerations, mouthing words that he’s said a thousand times. Tara, the twin sister, is dressed in a black pantsuit, a black jacket, wearing a dark hat and dark glasses and leather gloves, holding a handkerchief to her mouth as she sobs. A few groundskeepers stand behind her, clearly having been paid to help move the coffin into the mausoleum, elbowing each other and laughing just quietly enough to be only mildly disrespectful.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “He smiled.” She frowns. “The fucker sat there in the street and smiled just before he got hit. That’s what happened.”

[Kieran Mondblume] And that, *he agrees with Sarita. He looks back to the woman.* We know she’s evil. Why don’t I just go up to her and offer my sympathies and draw her over here?

[Mickey Waller] “Because she probably won’t come over here if she’s evil?” Mickey offers quietly. “And she probably knows a couple of our faces.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “And we don’t know that she’s evil. Maybe she’s just possessed.” Yeah. Because that would be better.

[Kieran Mondblume] If she’s possessed, she’s fomor. And still needs to be elimi… *He pauses. And he blinks.* Wait. Should a couple of us approach umbral? Check it out, see what is possessing her?

[Amunet Knezevic] “I’d already be there, if I could.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “It could be something else affecting her…not fomori-level permanent. Just…influence.” She looks at Ki and nods. “That’s not a bad idea. I’ll cross over and take a look.”

[Kieran Mondblume] *He smiles faintly, and he looks back around. Trees? Anywhere where he can sneak into the Umbra?*

[Black Dynamite] The cemetary is fairly wide open – not much in the way of trees. It’s mostly empty, though, so it shouldn’t be hard at all to find some place to be alone. The short service is just starting to break up. The groundskeepers stop snickering long enough to start for the cheap coffin, and Tara steps aside, her wail audible even from where the Garou crouch.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He will peek through the Gauntlet then.*

[Kieran Mondblume] ((what IS the Gauntlet rating here?))

[Black Dynamite] ((call it 6))

[Kieran Mondblume]
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 1, 8 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] *He squints, and looks a little bit frustrated. He’s just trying to peer through, to see the woman’s reflection.* Ahh… someone else back me up on this?

[Amunet Knezevic]
She gestures to Sarita, then smiles and shrugs at Mickey/

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods a little bit and grins at Ki. “Don’t worry…I got this.” A wink and she goes to look across.

[[GN]]
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 3, 10, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] She shrugs a little back at Amy- she’s got NO clue what’s going on. But she waits, to see what they’re looking for…. in midair.

[Black Dynamite] The Umbra here is…Well, at first it seems to be boring. A few ugly little spirits are flittering, slithering, or crawling around – probably some kind of weak death-spirits. Then, Sarita sees the RV. In the physical world, it’s just an old RV, having seen better days. In the Umbra, it’s a baroque monstrosity, like a small mobile cathedral full of leering, hateful faces, and bony spikes that seem to be growing out of the sides. Hideous gargoyles crouch on the roof, chitinous tails lashing as they chitter to themselves. Definitely alive. Definitely Banes. Weak little things, probably, but it’s hard to tell.
to Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Black Dynamite] The coffin is carried into the mausoleum, while the bereaved sister wails. Once it’s inside, the priest walks towards her, talking quietly. Only a few words are exchanged, then he rests his hand on the woman’s shoulder and starts winding his way down the pathway towards the cemetery gates. The groundskeepers eventually move aside,

[Amunet Knezevic] “Jesus fuck she’s fucking drama queen…” She waits, arms crossed so she doesn’t scratch at her tattoo.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She frowns as she turns her attention toward the RV.

“Jesus’s fuckstain, that’s repuslive.” Probably almost as repulsive as the idea of Jesus leaving a fuckstain. She nods toward the RV.

“That’s a goddamn Wyrm factory, right there.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “What the fuck do you mean, a Wyrm factory?”

[Adara Mires] She arrived late, dressed in a dark pair of jeans, dark blouse and a jacket ver it. She spotted Amy and Mickey, silently making her way to them, slowly, looking at different tombstones until she reach them, letting her rage announce her “Good day tyou two”

She say, looking in te direction they were looking “Hmmm is she really alone at the funeral or people have left already?”

[Kieran Mondblume] *He looks back to Sarita. And his head swivels back to the van.* So… we take THAT down? How can you kill a van?

[Mickey Waller] She gives Sarita a questioning look, silently echoing Amy’s question. A faint nod to Adara, distracted. “Nope, just her…”

[Black Dynamite] The RV doesn’t seem that impressive in the physical world. It’s relatively small, and would probably sleep a family of six without too much discomfort. It’s an old model, probably ten or twenty years old, and is in desperate need of a wash. Something is wrong with the undercarriage, as it seems to be almost scraping the ground.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “The thing is…” She wrinkles her nose, shaking her head. “It’s fucking…little bane gargoyles on the roof. It’s like the RV itself is being spiritually corrupted.” She pauses. “Which makes sense why we name our cars. They do have spirits…but anyway. They may be weaker, but I don’t really know for sure.”

[Amunet Knezevic] She breaks into a bright smile. “Fucking awesome.”

[Kieran Mondblume] What about the girl?

[Mickey Waller] “Was it used for bad things?” She sounds very confused, like she doesn’t get how the hell the RV is corrupted. It’s an RV. How does that WORK?

[Adara Mires] She listened to them, nodding to Sarita and Ki as well (sorry wasn’t sure if all were together)

She look at Sarita “So, what should we do? I have no intetion to make a public mess liek the other night. Not that we could have expected the guy to let himself get killed by a car. ”

She look at the van “And blowing up the RV right now, wouldn’t be the wisest thing to do, though the most expedient”

[Black Dynamite] The woman looks around for a moment, ensuring that the priest and the groundskeepers are gone, then heads over to the RV. She opens one of the doors on the side and steps inside. A few seconds later she’s coming back out, helping an old man down the steps to the ground. “Old” doesn’t quite do this man justice – he’s positively ancient. One can practically hear his bones creaking as he steps down the stairs, pulling an oxygen tank along behind him. His skin is almost translucent, showing a network of blue veins all over his body, and what remains of his hair is wispy and barely there. The whites of his eyes have yellowed to a shocking degree, and he’s incredibly unkempt, wearing a greasy, filthy “I (HEART) USA” t-shirt and a pair of slacks covered in unidentifiable stains. His nails are long and untrimmed. He moves slowly, walking with the woman towards the mausoleum.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Um, yeah. Blowing up the RV wouldn’t kill the banes that are across the Gauntlet anyway.” She looks around, eyes unfocused as she frowns. “Point my head just to make sure, but I didn’t see the woman when I looked.”

[Kieran Mondblume] *He grits his teeth.* Okay. Then I’m just going through already. *And he proceeds to try and go through the Gauntlet properly, not waiting any more.*

[Amunet Knezevic] “Who the fuck said anything about blowing it up? Check out the guy.”

[Mickey Waller] She cocks her head as she looks at the old lady and the man, frowning at his yellow eyes- Jaundice? But she helpfully reaches up,. gently moving Sarita’s head in the direction of the woman and the old man.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Dude, Ki, if you just hop through and attack and get yourself killed, don’t forget I’m a fucking Strider and I’ll find my way through the god damned Dark Umbra just to drag your ass back so I can curbstomp you myself.”

[Black Dynamite] She doesn’t see anything. That’s quite literal – looking at the two is like looking at a void in the Umbra, a blind spot, like something is in Sarita’s eye and blocking her vision. Something seems to be shielding them from view. As she continues to peek into the Umbra, she does notice the gargoyles becoming more agitated. They seem to be looking RIGHT at her, chittering to each other…
to Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Adara Mires] She tilt her head at Amy bot doesn’t add anything. She simply watch the woman with the old man “So…we have banes attached to the van, but have no idea what those two are.”

She look at Sar “Should we handle the Banes then come back for the woman and grandpa?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Um…there’s literally nothing there.” She frowns. “I can’t see them…they’re being blocked or some shit. And the gargoyles have spotted me, buy the way…”

[Kieran Mondblume] So come with me. *He grins at Sarita.* And we can kick ass together. *His grin is more of a gritted teeth expression.* I have never punched a gargoyle before. And if we don’t hurry, they’re going to get away again.

[Mickey Waller] She looks at Amy, mouthing ‘What do we do?’ since all the fighting seems to be in a place they can’t see. Her face is pinched, frowning.

[Amunet Knezevic] She moves closer to Mickey, voice low “Can you shoot?”

[Black Dynamite] After a moment, the RV shifts, and then, a figure steps out, and the RV suddenly springs back to its normal height. The person stepping out is four hundred fifty pounds if he’s an ounce, all muscle. His facial features are ugly, malformed, as though they were being sculpted by someone who got bored halfway through the process and walked away, and his clothes are ratty and torn, a faded t-shirt and jeans held on by a rope. His head is shaved, and dark eyes wander over the cemetery. After a moment, they fix on the little knot of Garou and Kin, and the massive figure starts lumbering in that direction.

[Mickey Waller] A small grimace. “… not really. I know how to hold it, but can’t guarantee actual shooting accuracy. I’m… more break a bottle and sta- holy shit.”

Her eyes get wide at the massive man. “Uh… guys…”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Fuck. Okay. You just stay the fuck back, okay? Seriously.”

She is, on balance, far too happy about the large man coming toward them.

[Adara Mires] She watch the man “Ok, that will suck.”She look at Sar and Ki “Tae care of the gargoyle, Amy and Mickey can watch over the woman and old man, I’ll handly the thing coming over”

[Adara Mires] (I’ll handle..)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “We’re gonna fight smart, Ki. Fighting smart gets you not dead. And that means we find out what’s going on that is making the two guys be protected from my vi–”

And then she hears ‘Uh…guys…’ and she shakes off the Umbral Vision. There’s a giant lumbering version of Leatherface without the chainsaw coming at them. “THAT is why we don’t just leap across.” Her giant hand-cannon Harry is pulled out and handed to Amy. “Your favorite lover, sister dear?”

[Kieran Mondblume] Least in there we could shift. *He looks back to the man, then. And he cracks his knuckles.*

[Black Dynamite] The old man and the young woman step into the mausoleum together, the young woman treating the greasy old man with the utmost respect. Meanwhile, the lumbering man breaks into a run. As he starts to approach, it’s easy to see there’s something subtly…Wrong with his anatomy, like a Rob Liefield drawing come to life, muscles on top of muscles in ways that the human body just doesn’t do. Even his run isn’t particularly quick, but he moves like a freight train, building up speed as he pumps legs that look like little tree trunks.

[Amunet Knezevic] She holds her hand out for the gun, fingers skipping over it lovingly. “Oh, Harry. It’s been too long, darling.”

Almost vibrating from excitement, she looks between everyone and then to the man.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I KNEW Rob Liefeld was an agent of the Wyrm!]]

[Black Dynamite] ((it’s the only thing that makes sense!))

[Mickey Waller] She’s not very useful here, so she does drop back a bit, making sure to a) keep an eye on the man and the woman and b) keep an eye to see if anyone else is around.

“Should… should I follow the chick and the old guy…?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “No! Stay put”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[I am correct in understanding, before combat begins, that there are no one around this cemetary at this particular moment, but for our ragtag band of heroes, Cable 2.0 and the man and woman?]]

[Black Dynamite] ((you are correct in that understanding as far as anyone can tell))

[Adara Mires] She watches the man, slowly reaching back to curl her fingers around the handle of the berettaCarter had given her. Until it would be safe to shift, she will rely on the gun, much safer this way.

[Amunet Knezevic] [For those of you that are new to his own special kind of sadism, that means that it’s a trap.]

[Mickey Waller] “Okay, okay!”

She is staying put. And being lookout, trying to see if there is anyone else around. She does NOT want to get pulled into the police station in regards to being involved in a murder.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He is clearly getting into a boxing position, even being smaller than the charging bull. If anything, he looks excited. He should be afraid. He really, really should be.*

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Who said we can’t shift here? Sister of the departed is fucked up, and didn’t that guy just come out of the RV that Sloth here did? Let’s do this.” She grins a little bit, and crouches down to the ground, rippling up into Glabro. Just in case, she still at least looks SOMEWHAT human. And she starts to run toward it.

[Amunet Knezevic] She’s on Sarita’s heels immediately, charging forward.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He starts moving around the other side, then, mirroring Sarita, but it doesn’t seem he’s shifting yet. He looks MORE excited. He starts bouncing.*

[Adara Mires] She fr├Âwn “Because I have a bad feeling about it? “She head ofr the guy, keeping her gun hidden still

[Mickey Waller] Amy told her to stay put- she is staying put. And keeping lookout, watching where the chick and the old man, while also making sure the groundskeeper and priest and anyone else isn’t randomly showing up or something.

[Black Dynamite] ((and, time for a hopefully short combat. initiative time))

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+6]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 7

[Black Dynamite] ((+3))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2 (Failure at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Sorry, +7, I’m in Glabro]]

[Amunet Knezevic] [+6]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Mickey Waller] [[just in case… +6]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((the giant is slugging Sarita in the face))

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Aww, Mickey. *PatPat*]]

[Adara Mires] (+6)
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 4 (Failure at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] (Okay so it’s Ki, Amy, Adara, Sarita, Mickey, Brick wall.)1

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Dodge slug in the face
R1: Kick Sloth squaw in the nuts]]

[Mickey Waller] [[Seeing the hell is in the van! So inching closer, looking.]]

[Amunet Knezevic] 1. Punch to the side of the head.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Slug Brick Wall in the throat.
R1: Holding action.))

[Adara Mires] (Adara will take the gun out and aim so not to shoot everyone slugging big guy
1R shoot)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[The kinfolk is punching, the Galliard is shooting and the two Ragabashes are leading the charge.

…this is why we can’t have nice things!]]

[Kieran Mondblume] ((No, this is why we can have MORE nice things. For awesomeness. Has everyone declared? Shall I roll?))

[Black Dynamite] ((roll ’em! kieran, Amy Adara, Sarita, go for it))

[Amunet Knezevic] [*Sacrifices rabbits* Roll away!]

[Adara Mires] (well I”m aiming for now..so no roll till rage action..aiming add dices or lower diff…I”m not sure)

[Kieran Mondblume] Punch ((Called shot))
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 3, 4, 4, 6 (Success x 1 at target 8) [WP]

[Kieran Mondblume] Damage
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 4, 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 5, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [Damage]
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 6 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Dodging like a Mofo!]]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak for Kieran, no the number of dice isn’t a typo))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak for Amy))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 5, 5, 8, 8, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((punching at Sarita))
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 3, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions))

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Gonna use it for another punch, then. Stubborn as hell Raggie.))

[Kieran Mondblume]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 7, 8, 10, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (so aiming add dice or lower diff? before i roll?)

[Kieran Mondblume] Damage
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 5, 5, 8 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((add a die))

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ohforf…))

[Mickey Waller] “Oh shit, oh shit.” It’s a soft breath, and she starts jogging to the SUV, skirting the fighting that’s going on. She’s trying to see if it’s on inside, because if it is, it could be uploading to the internet and oh shit.

[Adara Mires] (thanks and shooting)
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 4, 6, 6, 7, 7 (Success x 5 at target 6) [WP]

[Adara Mires] (damage..gun 5 + 4)
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (oooook)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Field Goal!]]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 4, 6 (Botch x 3 at target 7)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[WHAT THE FUCK]]

[Mickey Waller] [[…. dude, seriously?]]

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Can she get a do-over for that one?))

[Black Dynamite] The giant has shrugged off -everything-. The punches, even the gunshot. Adara’s shot is perfectly aimed, but hits…Nothing vital. It kicks up sparks as it strikes something just under the skin. Sarita goes to kick…And promptly overbalances herself, or perhaps she stepped on something slick, or…Something. Whatever the case, the Strider goes down in a hugely undignified heap, her ankle twisting. Mickey starts moving for the RV…((initiative again))

[Black Dynamite] ((+3))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+7]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5

[Adara Mires] (+6)
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [+6]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Black Dynamite] ((from lowest to highest – Amy, Mickey, Giant, Sarita(since her initiative number is higher), Adara, Kieran, please declare))

[Amunet Knezevic] 1. punch

[Mickey Waller] [[Continue to the RV. Hood pulled low to help obscure her face]]

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Running after Mickey – like HELL he’s letting her go to the RV by herself.
If he’s close enough, he’ll be blocking, but I think she’s a distance away now and I can’t get there in one round?))

[Black Dynamite] ((the giant is going to clinch Sarita))

[Adara Mires] (1a shoot
1r shoot)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Dodge clinch!
R1: sweep the leg, Cobra Kai!]]

[Black Dynamite] ((+1 difficulty on the dodge since she’s on the ground))
to Sarita Ecos de la Risa

[Black Dynamite] ((and, go ahead and roll Adara, since Kieran is running))

[Adara Mires] (shooting)
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 4, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6) [WP]

[Adara Mires] (damage gun 5 + 3)
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 6, 7, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((rolling the clinch for Sarita to dodge))
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 8, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((no need to roll the dodge, Amy can roll)) Mickey is close to the door to the RV. She can just see inside, the camera, but the rest of the interior is dark. But the camera…It’s close…

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Nothing to dodge, not rolling less ya really want me to. I refuse to risk Kahseeno’s wrath.]]

[Amunet Knezevic] [rabbits, kahseeno. I give you rabbits.]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 7, 7 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic]
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 6, 9, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 7, 9, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions))

[Adara Mires] (shooting again)
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 3, 3, 5, 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] Her head ducked, she checks to see if the camera is on. And if it is on, what it’s connected to. [[can roll per + alert if needed]]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[You’re the best! Around! Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down! …ahem. Yeah. Sweeping the leg]]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 9, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 7) [WP]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage +2 for succ]]
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 8, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] The camera is definitely on, and the wires trail off into the darkened interior of the RV. Mickey hears something inside. Something slithering…

[Black Dynamite] ((soak))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 4, 4, 7, 7, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Is Ki close enough to hear as well?))

[Black Dynamite] Adara’s shot is true, and strikes flesh, or…Something. It strikes home with a strange, dull thud, and black fluid pours out from the wound. Amy punches, Sarita kicks…It’s like hitting a brick wall. The clumsy giant ALMOST scoops up Sarita, but stumbles and misses. ((Kieran can’t hear it just yet, he’s a little further behind Mickey. Also, initiative time again))

[Mickey Waller] This is a trap. It is totally a trap. There is something not good in there but the camera so has to be turned off, to protect her friends. Hands disappear into hoodie sleeves (no fingerprints!). Inching closer, she half pokes her head in, hand raised to possibly inch towards the camera.

[Black Dynamite] ((+3))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6 still]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+7]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 6

[Adara Mires] (+6)
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [+6]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Black Dynamite] ((mysterious other party +5!))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[ This is where I would put a picture of Admiral Ackbar going IT’S A TRAP]]

[Black Dynamite] ((okay, so last to first – Kieran, Gigantor, Mickey, Sarita, Mysterious Third Party, Adara and Amy go at the same time, go ahead and declare))

[Kieran Mondblume] ((1: Blocking/defending Mickey))

[Black Dynamite] ((Gigantor is punching Amy in the face))

[Mickey Waller] [[Looking in the RV/ Reaching towards the camera to turn it off.]]

[Adara Mires] ((1A shoot)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Fuck it. Rageshift to Hispo. She’s through with playing around. Oh, and
1: Bite gigantor]]

[Black Dynamite] ((okay. I’ll resolve mysterious third party in a moment. Adara and Amy, declare and roll))

[Amunet Knezevic] [1. Shoot that fucker]

[Amunet Knezevic] She kisses Harry on the top of the slide, then fires.
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [damage]
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak Amy))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 7, 7, 7, 9, 10 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (shoot)
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 4, 4, 4, 7, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (damage 5 + 1)
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 6, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((mysterious third party)) Mickey feels it suddenly. A pressure on her ankle. She has just enough time to register that something slimy and glistening is wrapped around her ankle, before she’s yanked off her feet and fully into the dark RV. Kieran lunges forward, just in time to see Mickey being dragged up the stairs.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bitey The Strider Bites]]
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 (Success x 4 at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]]
Dice Rolled:[ 10 d10 ] 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 8, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak, let’s see a bad roll here for once))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 5, 6, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor smash))
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 5, 5, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((And no time for action or to grab Mickey?))

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor no smash. Kieran can change his action if you’d like. yes he can roll to grab Mickey, go ahead and do Dex + Athletics, dif. 7 for a diving grab, and then any Rage actions, and failing that, roll initiative))

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Perfect Balance considered in this?))

[Black Dynamite] ((knock it down to diff. 6 then))

[Kieran Mondblume]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 3, 4, 7, 8, 8 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] Kieran LUNGES forward, grabbing Mickey’s hand just before she’s fully pulled into the darkness. The Kin can feel the pressure on her ankle increase, as whatever has her continues trying to pull her into the shadowed interior of the RV, but for the moment, Kieran has her. ((okay, initiative time again))

[Amunet Knezevic] [+6]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 10

[Adara Mires] (+6)
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((+3))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[+6]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Amunet Knezevic] [Kahseeno is apparently done fucking around.]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[+8]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 2

[Kieran Mondblume] ((By saying that you’ve just cursed us all!))

[Black Dynamite] Mysterious third party
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 1 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] The giant continues to shrug off the gunshots, with sparks kicking up with every shot. Sarita gets a great grip, but all she gets for her trouble is a mouthful of vile-tasting black fluid and human skin that sloughs off, revealing a hideous, knobby carapace underneath. ((Gigantor is going last and trying to clinch Amy now. Mysterious third party is trying to drag Mickey into the RV all the way. Then Sarita, Adara, Mickey, then Amy, then Kieran. Declare and roll, please))

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1: Bite
1a: Bite]]

[Adara Mires] (Adara will shoot again)

[Mickey Waller] [[Kick like crazy- to get free and maybe knock over the camera]]

[Amunet Knezevic] [1. Palm of hand to nose, driving up]

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Ki is yelling for help, first of all.
He will be holding onto Mickey for now. Held action.))

[Black Dynamite] ((roll ’em))

[Kieran Mondblume] HEY! COULD USE SOME HELP! ((Str+Brawl?))

[Black Dynamite] ((just plain Strength actually to hold her back))

[Amunet Knezevic] [lobotomy!]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 (Success x 3 at target 7) [WP]

[Kieran Mondblume]
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 6, 7 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [kick like a mofo. wp]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 5, 5, 7, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6) [WP]

[Amunet Knezevic] [damage. come on, Kahseeno. Mama’s got a tasty bunny for you]
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 5, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [oops]
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 4, 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((bad soak roll time, just watch))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 4, 4, 4, 5, 10, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (shoot)
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 4, 4, 8, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6) [WP]

[Black Dynamite] ((gigantor takes three damage. Mickey can roll damage for the kick))

[Adara Mires] (damage 5 +1)
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 5, 5, 9, 9 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((soak Adara))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 5, 6, 6, 8, 9, 10 (Success x 5 at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [[damage 2 + 3]]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((just going to do tentacle’s strength check now))
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 9, 9, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +1]]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 4, 7, 7, 8 (Success x 2 at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]]
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((bad soak roll come on baby!))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 6, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +2]]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 (Success x 1 at target 5) [WP]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[DAMAGE JESUS COME ON]]
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 7 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((grapple time))
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((damage))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 3, 5, 8, 8, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic] [soak]
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 3, 6, 7 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((go ahead with Rage actions if there are any, if not just do initiative)) This round goes a little better. Amy’s punch is accurate, slamming into the monster’s nose, but Sarita’s bites and Adara’s shots do nothing except scrape up its hideous black carapace. The beast grabs Amy, squeezing her tightly. She can feel the air driven from her lungs as it starts to crush her. Meanwhile, Mickey kicks at the tentacle but can’t manage to connect hard enough. Her wild flailing DOES tip the camera over, and it tips over to the ground. That’s small comfort, though. She feels a tearing pain in her ankle, and despite Kieran’s best efforts, she’s being slowly, inexorably pulled into the RV…

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Init +8]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Adara Mires] (init + 6)
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((+7))
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 3

[Mickey Waller] [[ Init +6]]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 9

[Amunet Knezevic] [+6]
Dice Rolled:[ 1 d10 ] 5

[Black Dynamite] ((first number is tentacle +5, second is giant +3))
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 1, 2 (Botch x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((giant is crushing Amy. tentacle is pulling Mickey again, then Kieran, then Amy, then Sarita, then Adara, then Mickey, declare and roll))

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Spending one rage to insta-shift to Hispo.
1. Bite tentacle))

[Amunet Knezevic] [str to break free]
Dice Rolled:[ 3 d10 ] 6, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[1a: Bite
1b: Bite]]

[Black Dynamite] ((resist breaking clinch))
Dice Rolled:[ 9 d10 ] 1, 1, 2, 5, 5, 6, 6, 9, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Amunet Knezevic]
Dice Rolled:[ 2 d10 ] 2, 10 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((hold up, rewind that break clinch for a sec, Adara can go first))

[Adara Mires] (shoot once more)

[Adara Mires] (shoot)
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 3, 3, 5, 7, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Adara Mires] (damage gun 5 + 1)
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 1, 5, 5, 8, 9 (Failure at target 6)

[Mickey Waller] [kicking to get away WP]
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 2, 10, 10 (Success x 3 at target 6) [WP]

[Mickey Waller] [damage 2 + 2]
Dice Rolled:[ 4 d10 ] 2, 3, 5, 8 (Success x 1 at target 6)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((BITE))
Dice Rolled:[ 8 d10 ] 2, 4, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9 (Success x 6 at target 5)

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Damage))
Dice Rolled:[ 11 d10 ] 3, 3, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 10 (Success x 7 at target 6)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +1]]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 10 (Failure at target 5)

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Bite +2]]
Dice Rolled:[ 5 d10 ] 4, 8, 9, 10, 10 (Success x 5 at target 5) [WP]

[Black Dynamite] ((WHOA)) The tentacle is severed neatly, filling Kieran’s mouth with a coppery-tasting fluid. The severed end flops wildly for a moment, wrapped around Mickey’s ankle. She feels a sudden, sharp pain, then an equally sudden numbness. A numbness that seems to be slowly creeping up her leg…

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Damage]]
Dice Rolled:[ 11 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 8, 8, 8, 8 (Success x 4 at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] ((please bad roll, soak bite))
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6 (Failure at target 6)

[Black Dynamite] Sarita lunges with another bite…And she must hit a weak spot. Just as Amy slips free of the giant’s grasp, the Strider’s massive Hispo jaws clamp down on the giant’s thigh…And sever the leg neatly. The misshapen thing looks down for an instant, almost comically, then tumbles forward, towards Amy, the vile black fluid that passes for its lifeblood pumping onto the cemetery earth.

[Black Dynamite] ((yay! combat is done, you can resume normal narrative posting for now))

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Aaand with those rolls I’m out; Ange is NPC’ing Sarita for the remainder of the combat if there is any more. Later yo.]]

[[Mickey Waller] “No! Nononono…” She scrambles back, regretting she doesn’t have a belt to do a tourniquet, somehow more terrified then before, leg shaking to get that damn tentacle off “Numb. S’going numb!”

The camera, what it might be attached to, is forgetting for a moment in her terror. Bad things she expected, not tentacles in RV’s. Bonus points for the lady still being off with the old man somewhere.

[Kieran Mondblume] HELP! *he barks back to the others, finally annoyed, claws working to get the tentacle from around Mickey’s leg.*

[Amunet Knezevic] She skitters back, attention torn from the fomor creature by Mickey’s shrieking. GodDAMNIT didn’t she tell her to stay put?

[Adara Mires] She watch the thing die “What the fuck was that? And where’s Mickey?”

She hear the kin’s voice and Ki.’s yell and she run to them

[Kieran Mondblume] CAMERA! *he roars in wolfspeak, trying to work with the damned thing. He is clearly quite angry.*

[Amunet Knezevic] Breaking into a run, she moves to help Ki with the tentacle, fingers curling around and edge to pull.

[Adara Mires] She shoot the camera (need a roll?) as she ask Mickey “You can patch people up right? Guide us patching you up”

[Mickey Waller] “No, no!” A gasp, a hand grabbing Amy, fingers digging into her arm. “The laptop! Uploading!”

The camera was uploading to the internet, it might be, that,. that’s more important then her. Even as a new kin, she knows that much.

[Black Dynamite] The tentacle is still wrapped around Mickey’s leg tightly, but Kieran, with Amy’s help, manages to pry and cut it off of her. Sharp, needle-like teeth are embedded in Mickey’s ankle in a perfect circle. Kieran and Amy can now see that the inside of the tentacle is ringed with sucker-like mouths, each one containing one of those awful teeth. There is definitely something inside the RV with Kieran and Mickey and now, Amy. A low moan comes from the far end of the RV, a high-pitched woman’s voice.

[Black Dynamite] ((no need to roll right now))

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ki will be shifting up to Crinos, then, and hopefully, with some help, pushing the van over.*

[Amunet Knezevic] Wolfspeak she doesnt’ understand. Panicked kin though, that makes sense. Mickey is abandoned to Ki’s help as she grabs the wires from camera to laptop and gives them a good yank.

[Kieran Mondblume] ((Erk. Sorry… didn’t realize we were in the van.))

[Kieran Mondblume] *Once the damned thing is free from Mickey’s leg, he pushes it to the side, and he stalks up on the woman’s voice. His teeth bared.*

[Mickey Waller] “Make sure-” a gasp, in pain, from the bite and from the numbness. “Make sure it’s not uploading to the internet! Uh uh…”

She looks to Adara, panicked, barely able to keep calm, keep her voice low. “It’s… it’s a paralytic, I don’t know, l-like a snake bite? Tourniquet, maybe, I don’t know!”

[Adara Mires] Once the camera is shot she move closer to the entrance of the van, looking at Mickey’s legs as Ki heads deeper inside and Amy yank othe cords. She let her jacket drop, rip her blouse off and tie it around Mickey’s legs tightly above the wound.

Then she put her jacket back on

[Black Dynamite] The wires don’t come out cleanly, but the laptop is pulled off of the table and falls to the floor with a…Squish? Come to think of it, the inside floor has an…Odd texture. As Kieran approaches the rear of the van, he sees the source of the noise. It’s a woman, alright – he can see from her face and upper torso that she’s an old woman, probably in her late seventies. That’s all that remains of her as a human, though. From the waist down she’s literally fused to the wall of the RV, her lower body nothing more than black-red flesh that looks like a massive tumor attaching her there. Growths of that black-red flesh extend from the main tumor-body throughout the RV, along the ceiling, the walls. The tentacle from outside is curled tightly to her body, pulsing a thin greenish fluid. Other tentacles are extruding themselves from the main tumor-mass, tipped with snapping jaws, bony spears. The woman, or what’s left with her, stares blindly, moaning in pain, horror.

[Black Dynamite] The numbness is definitely creeping higher. Mickey’s entire leg is numb, now.

[Amunet Knezevic] Squish. Squish is bad.

“We need to get the fuck out of here.”

She backs up as quickly as possible, grabbing Mickey to drag her along.

[Kieran Mondblume] *He backs out, then, and he looks back to the group.* GET HER KRISTEN. WILL HEAL HER. NOW. MUST DESTROY THIS.

[Kieran Mondblume] *His head swivels to Adara, then.* USE GUN, SHOOT IN HEAD.

[Mickey Waller] There is a whimper from the Glass Walker kin, her eyes getting wet. “It’d getting higher… whole leg, f-fuck, the laptop!”

Even as she’s being pulled out, fingers try to snag the laptop, she needs to know if it uploaded!

[Administrator] cricket has switched to In Character Room (Night)

[Adara Mires] She wait for Amy to get Mickey out and look at Ki ” Stay with them, call Kristn “I’m going in to end this thing” Onceagain…tentacles with suckers and theets…well one giant thing with those killed her once. She mgiht as well have her revenge against one tonight

She gets ready to enter the van once everybody is out

[Mickey Waller] She jabs a button on the laptop- DEAR God no please, no, no transfer please. She drags it with her, intending on wiping the hard drive. Fingers shake as she tries to do it fast, ignoring that numbness.

[Adara Mires] She take her gun out and aim for the head, trying it this way before getting inside and ripping everythign off.She aim, and shoot

[Kieran Mondblume] *He shifts back down to homid, his clothing torn. His GOOD clothing, no less. He sighs, and he shakes his head.* We’ll take it back with us. The walkers can edit it. Anyone have a cell to call Kristen? We need her to heal.

[Amunet Knezevic] “What the FUCK part of fucking stay the fuck still did you not fucking understand?” She’s clearly irritated, tossing her cell at Ki.

[Black Dynamite] Mickey tells her hand to move – but brain impulse does not translate into movement from the hand on the side where she was grabbed. All she gets is a faint sense of tingling, pins and needles in her arms. Adara’s gun seems very, very loud in the confines of the RV – but the back of the woman’s head blows off. Even as the light in her eyes goes out, she seems…Almost peaceful. Glad to have this monstrous life ended. The torso slumps forward.

[Amunet Knezevic] Fuck.

She looks over her shoulder, then takes off at a run toward the building.

[Mickey Waller] “I stopped it,” she says to Ki, voice shaking. “It was uploading, but I stopped the transfer. Gotta wipe the hard drive.”

Large eyes look to Amy, her face so pale. “You said stay back, I know you said it, but I saw the camera, I saw the camera and it was pointed at you and it was uploading to the internet and I had to protect you, and I stopped it.” There is a hitch of breath, and she starts to cry, but her voice is very quiet. “I can’t feel my hand…”

[Mickey Waller] She spooks when Amy runs off, before she somehow gets paler. “Ki… Ki, the woman and the man. The other woman!”

[Adara Mires] She watches the van, looking if anything is moving, if not then grabbed the laptop if no one has yet.

She look at Mickey ” You’ll be fine, neuro toxin, paralyses you, make you numb so you don’t scream and wiggle while it eats you. You’ll be ok…jsut very numb” She hope she was telling the truth.

Amy is runnign toward the building and look at KI and Sar ” Watch over mickey, talk to Kristen”

She run after Amy

[Kieran Mondblume] *He picks Mickey up, then, at that.* We’re gonna get you healed. You did good, kid. *He grins.* I can feel your hand, so you’re fine. I am ALWAYS right. FUCK, Kristen PICK the FUCK UP. We need to get you healed. Sarita and Amy will get the other woman. I’ll drop you off at the Broho, and I’ll be back and a flash. I am THAT awesome.

[Mickey Waller] Adara has the laptop- she hadn’t finished yet! But Ki is picking her up and she’s scared and numb, huddling against him. “Okay. Okay. Should…. should I call the guy who’s protection I’m under? It’s all pin’s and needles Ki…”

[Black Dynamite] The numbness continues spreading. First, Mickey finds she can’t move that side of her mouth, muscles going slack. Then, it starts to work down the other side of her body, going faster as the toxin reaches her heart and is pumped to the rest of her body with each traitorous beat of her heart. In a matter of minutes, she’s -completely- paralyzed. Trapped in her own body, she can see, hear…She can feel the pounding of her terrified heart, and she can draw breath, but none of her other voluntary muscles seem to want to respond.

[Kieran Mondblume] Yeah, we’ll call him too. Who is it? *He’s moving. In shreds of clothing, with Mickey. He’s pocketed the cell.*

[Black Dynamite] Amy enters the mausoleum and something becomes clear – something’s definitely wrong. The old man is here – but he’s face down in a sticky crimson pool, his oxygen tank tipped over. Second, one of the caskets is open. DEFINITELY open..And empty.

[Mickey Waller] There is no response from her. Not one. Her eyes are maybe a little wide, there are tears running down her face, but there is no response from her. The terror is in her gaze though, this horrible feeling of being trapped, of wondering if she’ll turn into a monster like that woman… and no way to express it. She’s still breathing, but for now long?

[Kieran Mondblume] Awh hell, *he says with a groan.* You’re all possum now. Don’t worry, don’t be scared. *He’s moving towards the
Broho.*

[Adara Mires] Sh run after Amy and enter the musoeum as well. She scan the room, and look for the dead man and his sister…or ways they could have gotten out

[Kieran Mondblume] *Ohright. He has no pockets. It’ll go in Mickey’s pocket.*

[Amunet Knezevic] “Oh good. Reanimated fucking dead people. Check him for a pulse.”

She gestures toward the old man and heads down the hall. If Adara is going to act like a kin, Amy is content to treat her like a kin.

[Black Dynamite] The mausoleum is empty aside from the old man’s body. There’s no sign of any life, no footprints in the dust, nothing.

[Mickey Waller] She is simply limp in Ki’s arms. There is little else she can do for that.

[Adara Mires] She raised a brow at that and kneeled to check the man’s pulse. She augment her sneses, using her tribes’ gift so she could pick the scent of the woman. She wipe the old man’s neck with her jacket to take off her prints

[Amunet Knezevic] “Fuck. Hijo de una madre maldita puta perra”

She runs her fingers in her hair, then backtracks and moves out of the mausoleum, stepping over/around Adara and the old man if necessary to go back outside.

[Black Dynamite] When Adara flips the old man over to check his pulse, it becomes pretty much instantly clear that it’s rather pointless to do so. He’s been opened from groin to breastbone, and his torso is empty, hollowed out. There’s no sign of the internal organs. His ancient, lined face is locked in its last expression, one of terror.

[Adara Mires] She doesn’t make a face, instead she smell around, trying ot find the woman’s scent, maybe a breeze that indicate a secret passage..she had seen indina jones after all. Maybe they left some other way. She stayed there to investigate, letting Amy get out.

[Black Dynamite] The scent of the woman is hard to pick out among all the scents of death and decay. There might be something floral, perhaps perfume, but perhaps flowers left behind by a mourning family.

[Amunet Knezevic] She heads out to find her sister, and therefore her sister’s lighter. A quick prayer is offered up that there’s an emergency gas can with SOMETHING in it somewhere in the RV.

[Black Dynamite] Gaia is probably with Amy and her sister. There’s a gas can inside, and there is, indeed, fuel.

[Amunet Knezevic] As Amy proceeds to douse the RV, Sarita runs back to drag Big Ugly back.

[Adara Mires] She inspect everything, using her better eyesight, her ears, her nose, anything that could help find something inside. If nothing comes up, she will head out, have a look around, maybe pick up the scent.

[Black Dynamite] Adara quickly realizes that the scents of a cemetery with her senses heightened are incredibly repulsive. The acrid chemical tang of embalming fluid mixes with rotting flesh and vegetation, and the smells of blood from the recent battles…It’s all very, very confusing, moreso when Amy and Sarita torch the RV with the bodies inside. It’s possible she catches a bit of the woman’s perfume, leading out, the opposite direction from where the Garou were.

[Amunet Knezevic] RV soaked, she helps Sarita drag the body inside, then heads for the mausoleum again to gather the old man.

[Adara Mires] She wasnauseated but she had to go on. She tried to follwo the scent of the perfume, because it won’t be over until the twins are truly dead.

[Black Dynamite] She tracks the scent down, through a chain link fence that has been torn down in parts. There’s a bit of vegetation, some thick bushes – and then, road. She sees tire tracks, where a car peeled out, but the scent ends here.

[Black Dynamite] The RV goes up in a blast of hot air and fire. It’s not a quick process, but the bodies will burn. The scent of charred flesh and the stink of burning fiber and leather and other, unidentifiable chemical smells fill the air.

[Adara Mires] She stands over the tracks with a frown. She’ll have to get in touch with the Silver Fang kin, Sasha so she can investigate the tracks, tell them what type of car it is, maybe finding the owner so they could visit them

She head back toward the others ” Any of you know Sasha, the CSI kin, or someone who knows her?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Where the fuck were you?”

She and Sarita are heading back for the van, Amy’s mood impressively dark.

[Mickey Waller] Mickey and Ki are gone… he seems to have taken the paralyzed kin somewhere.

[Black Dynamite] ((that’s pretty much all i had, folks. thanks for letting me run this ­čÖé feel free to migrate to whichever room, or stay here, or what have you))

[Adara Mires] She raised a brow ” I was following the trail the woman left. Doing my job.”

[Mickey Waller] [[Thank you much~]]

[Amunet Knezevic] She snorts, getting into the van.

[Adara Mires] She look at Amy then Sar ” See you around” And walk away, calling Kristen to see if her boyfriend knew his tribeskin

Talking Litany With Adara

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas’s fingers tap on the scrolled arm of his chair for a moment as he stares at Nathalie — long and hard, assessing. Then he nods a bit.

“There’s this, at least. It’s not as bad as I thought. When I first heard about the incident from Kora, the Fenrir Alpha, I thought you were making the exact same mistake you had with the kinswoman. Throwing your weight around; laying hands on that which was not yours. I’m glad to see that wasn’t the case.

“Kora, the Fenrir Alpha, will be dealing with the cub from her end. Put that out of your mind. The cub is her tribe’s responsibility now, as she should have been from the start. Kora will have to deal with both the cub’s spiritual welfare after losing her mind to the Wyrm, with whatever contrition may be necessary, and with the proper control and discipline of her tribe’s cubs.

“You’re my responsibility. And here are the issues as I see them. First, the simple issue: I think Kora has the wrong impression of the situation right now. She seems to think you had bullied a cub into succumbing to a Wyrm Frenzy, and then continued to toy with and bully her instead of putting her down as you should have. I’ll let her know what you’ve told me and what your intentions were, but you should go before her yourself and explain. And don’t grovel. Don’t be arrogant, but don’t prostrate yourself before her either. Your penance will be paid here, with me. You will not carry that with you.

“Second, the deeper issue: you’re right. You failed when the cub started to lose control, and you failed to nip the situation in the bud. You tried to stare her down — an action you knew could lead to her losing her wits. You gambled. You lost. When she did, in fact, lose her wits, you tried to show mercy and gambled again, this time with the lives of everyone around you. You lost again. If this other Garou had not stepped in, if Kristen had not healed you, you might be dead now.

“I don’t need to tell you this. I can see by your shame that you already know. You already know you should have put the cub down at the first sign of rebellion, insubordination or loss of control. It was your right. A cub has no rank; even as a Cliath, you didn’t need to answer a challenge from her. When you did, you only drew things out and endangered everyone.

“You tried to show mercy; you showed weakness instead.”

A pause.

“Here’s the thing, though. I don’t think the lesson you should take away from all this is ‘never show mercy again’. I think what you need to learn is when and how to show mercy — and when not to. And that’s not something anyone can teach you in a few words.

“I can tell you this, though. My packmate, Honor’s Compass, recently attained Adrenship. One of her questions was the difference between mercy and weakness, leadership and tyranny. She had her own, excellent answers, but the view of a Silver Fang Philodox is different from that of a Shadow Lord Ahroun. To me, the lines are as simple and complex as this: a leader acts for the greater good of the whole. A tyrant takes the whole and bends it to his own benefit. A leader knows mercy has its place. A tyrant fears mercy and cannot see the difference between it and weakness.

“Maybe there was a time when such paranoia and selfishness had its place, but these days that kind of behavior is akin to hoarding treasure in a burning house. We must be leaders, not tyrants, because tyrants will not win this war. And I think more than any other tribe or auspice, we are called upon to balance on that very fine point between leadership and tyranny, mercy and weakness. A leader must be strong. A leader must know when mercy is justified, and when it is only weakness.

“In this particular case, it’s my opinion that utterly crushing an unranked cub out of anger and pride is dishonorable. Killing her for challenging you is dishonorable. Accepting her challenge and letting it blow out of proportion is equally dishonorable. Quelling an unruly cub for her own good, and for the good of everyone you protect, is honorable. Is, in fact, its own form of mercy.

“So in the most pragmatic sense, it comes down to this: you need to learn how to quickly and reliably end a fight without endangering anyone, your opponent included.”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She shrugs slightly, eyes still on the floor. “I am a killer, Lukas-rhya. I always have been. It’s how I was trained. It is difficult to fight the instinct to kill. Clearly, there is a middle ground, and I have yet to find it.”

[Wyrmbreaker] “Well.” A hard, humorless sort of half-smile. “Start looking for it. Because Ahrouns that are nothing but killers end up dead sooner rather than later.”

[a little slow — MTing and getting STed for!]

[Adara Mires] She hasn’t been noticed by either Shadw Lords, the conversation seem to be pretty intense. She stop at the bar, gettin herself a beer and then leaned against it, waching around as she slowly drink from her bottle. Her merald eyes scan the place, it was pretty empty now.

She start cahtting with the bartender about nothing and everything. She knew the staff pretty well now and she is known to spend time downstairs and chatting with them. Not overly, because it would hinder their work, but late night, when there’s not many customers around, it tends to happen.

[Nathalie Bystrov] “I will.” She nods slightly. “It won’t happen again.”

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas is — merciful enough, perhaps, not to point out that that’s what she said last time. Nonetheless, it’s there in his eyes, and maybe Nathalie can see it. It’s not quite doubt. It’s closer to a sort of cynicism. Or perhaps just knowledge:

that it’s hard, so very hard, to do as well as you want to do.

The two wingback chairs face each other, and they face the fireplace. Nonetheless, Lukas can see Adara now — over by the bar. He glances at the other for a moment before returning his attention to Nathalie. “Is there anything else you want to talk to me about?” he offers.

[Nathalie Bystrov] “Nothing in public, no. Though I have something to run by you in private at some point.”

[Adara Mires] She felt more than saw Lukas’s eyes on her. When an Adren look at you, you better be aware. She offer him a polite smile and small bow before he turns back to talk with Nathalie. So she return to her small chat with the bartender. She continue to drink form her bottle, smiling at something the kin said and replying back, making him laugh.

Sheseemed pretty relaxed, jsut enjoying a drink, probably before going to bed as the time was passing by and the night wasn’t getting younger.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The door kicks open, and in walks the Strider. Well, it’s not quite fair to say it “kicks” open. It’s not like she kicked the door down as if she was in some Sylvester Stallone or Jason Statham film. And that’s not to say that she’s never done so…rather, she’s a big fan of kicking down doors when the situation warrants it. Remember that hotel room in Detroit? Ahh, good times. Poor little tweak dealer didn’t know what hit him. We’re getting distracted again. Right. The point is, she’s already had to pay for a bed. Paying for the door…not so wise.

So she walks in the front door sans a kick, looking around. She hasn’t been here since the incident in Room 9, which was more of an argument than an incident. She’s in an…okay mood, at best. Seems like she joins up with a pack and then everyone’s leaving or dying or shit. If Kate even goes on a day trip to a petting zoo in Kenosha, she’s gonna develop a complex. But no such problem for now, just the Strider being the Strider. A grin masks all the problems in the world.

Lukas gets noticed first…it’s only natural, considering she’s his Alpha and all. She gives him a grin and a nod, and looks over Nathalie a moment before leaving them alone for now. Looks like they’re talking business. Adara is noticed as well, and she starts in that direction.

“Heya, chica. What’s shaking?”

[Adara Mires] She offer awarm smile to Sarita when the Strider walks closer “I’m doing good. Spoke to Stefan on monday, sat down with your sister tonight. Things went, ok, I guess. We both left the sitdown alive and well” She smiled softly “Seriously, we have divergent opinions, but in the end it’s not up to us to decide, so.”

She shrugh “I was asked to do something, I did. Amunet has a different view, and it’s ont my place to say who’s right or wrong. We talked about it, her proposition will be submitted to lUkas eventually and he’ll decide if he want something city wide with no specifics, something specific here or a mix of both. No matter hte decision, I’ll help any way I can because my duty is to the Sept”

She grin “How about you? What’s up?”

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker gets up, his head turning as his packmate enters; she gets a ghost of a smile, a wry little two-finger salute off the corner of his temple. Then he looks back at Nathalie.

“Now’s as good a time as any,” he says. “Would you prefer to talk up in my room?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She nods again. “That would be fine, Lukas-rhya. It won’t take very long.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She cocks an eyebrow and grins. “Wow. And most people just give me a ‘Ehh, same old same old.’ I can’t wait ’till you have a real story to tell.”

She grins. Galliards. “I’m okay.” The grin quirks. “Ehh, same old, same old.”

She looks at Lukas, and the gesture–the Strider’s own–directed back at her gives her a chuckle.

Uh-oh. I’m rubbing off on you., she says through their pack link.

[Adara Mires] She grin at her reply “If I ever have one, I will ask you to sit down and will pay for the drinks”

She chuckled at her answer “That bad heh?”She say in a teasing tone “Seriously you look you’re doing ok, better than last time we saw each other” Ok, she won’t mention that part of it was her mentioning Asha..the other part included a possessed man getting run over and Amunet being stabbed.

She drank from her bottle before asking “So what brings you here at this lovely hour? Just visiting, or something serious.”She smiles “And as always, none of your business isalways an accepted answer. I’m just curious by nature”

And she had to, after all, a Gallaird is on a perpetual quest ofr knowledge, storiesand songs. When one become complaisant, they become useless. Asking questions was always the best way to learn. Some people have stories to tell and they don’t even know they do

[Wyrmbreaker] [gah! sorry this took so long. i’m also trying to organize the pigsty that is my bedroom *LOL*]

A curious glance at Nathalie, then. “I don’t mind if it takes a long time, Nathalie,” he says. “You’re my tribe. You might become my packmate. I have time for you.”

Up the stairs, then — a chuckle sent back at Sarita across the pack link. I won’t worry until I start living in a van, he ribs back. For all of Lukas’s size, he’s surprisingly quiet on the stairs, each step taken with a sort of firm deliberation. The commons room is empty, but he bypasses it anyway, unlocking his room door and holding it open for Nathalie behind him.

The room is the way she remembers it: very neat, not very lived-in. There was a time he slept here every night. These days — far less frequently.

When the door shuts behind her, he gets two bottles of water out of his closet, tossing her one. Then he sits on his bed, leaving his desk chair for his guest, as it were. “What’s on your mind?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She follows him up to his room. Once there, she remains standing, eyes downcast. “I…Have been working on a project. I wanted to tell you before I continued and perhaps ask for any assistance you can provide. You have heard that Amunet is trying to organize the Kin, yes?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I am better. No one’s about to die–that I know of–and I’m pretty chill.” She takes a seat next to the Fury and orders a Carona.

“As for why I’m here…” She shrugs. “Just came for a drink and not having to deal with the crowd, y’know? I love a good bar, but every now and then I just wanna go…well, you know.”

She pauses there, and you can almost feel coming. If you’ve ever watched 1980s sitcoms, you just KNOW it’s coming. But you can’t stop it. It’s like watching a train carrying a load of blind orphans on a collision course with a fireworks factory. You don’t know what’s gonna happen, but it’s going to be explosive and bad, for sure.

“Sometimes you wanna go…where EVERYBOOODY KNOWS YOUR NA-A-AAAME…”

[Wyrmbreaker] I have been working on a project —

“Look at me, Nathalie,” Lukas interrupts, waiting until Nathalie has raised her head before nodding for her to go on. He listens, then, nodding at the question. “I think my mate was going to try to make the meeting, but got delayed. What’s your project?”

[Adara Mires] She chuckled at her answer “Sure, your name is Sandra right?” She say teasing with a big grin.

“I od know what you mean. Sometimes a quiet drink with random people you know is a good way to spend the night. And it’s good to see you agan Sarita, without any crisis”

Well for now at least. No pack Alpha crmubling down on them for killing a posssesed packmate, no possessed people stabbing kin, nothing except two women, warriors of Gaia, having a drink. She gently clinked her bottle to Sarita’s

“To quiet nights? May we enjoy them when they come for they never last long” She smile and drank.

Maybe the raganash won’t agree with that statement, but she kinda liked it.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She smiles a bit, considering. “How about…to pleasant nights. Whatever that may be.”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She looks up when he says so, eyes locking on a place somewhere around his throat, definitely not meeting his eyes. When she starts to speak, the words start to come out slowly, at first, then faster, tumbling out in a torrent. “I viewed it as…An opportunity, for the tribe. A powerful one. For information and…” She pauses. “Not to control, but to guide them to our advantage. Mutual advantage, of course I contacted the Kin and offered my services. As…an advisor, someone to help with decisions or discussions that only a Garou can help with. She agreed. I think she thinks she can manipulate me, but I’m not sure.” Another pause. “I have been cultivating relationships with the Kin. Adjusting their perceptions of me, so that they see me as…On their side, one could say? Some of them trust me, and if I was able to assist Amunet in her project, I could keep up to date with their project and ensure that any problems are smoothed over before they become an issue, and to help ensure that we don’t end up with more Kin like Carter.”

[Adara Mires] She nodded to the Strider “Sounds pretty good to me” She finish her beer and order another.

“”So, beside the same old. Anything exciting planned? Anything new of the Kin hunter? I haven’t heard anything in a while, nor about the threats to the Caern rom companies buying lands around the Caern. I was wondering if someone else had and I was just out of the loop”

She start her new bottle “I mean I hear things but not everything.” She shrugh

[Wyrmbreaker] “Like a liaison to the kin?” Lukas is frowning faintly as he twists his bottle of water open. “I think it’s a good idea to keep lines of communication open. I’m glad the kin are organizing, and I’m glad you’ve been proactive about staying in contact with them. We need our kin as much as the other way around. But it troubles me that there’s so much us and them lately. The Garou ‘side’, the kin ‘side’. The implication that we each have our own agenda and they don’t mesh at all, when really there’s one shared agenda for the entire Garou Nation. It wasn’t like this before Carter showed up.”

[Nathalie Bystrov] “Something like that. A..Shepherd, one might say.” Something about that amuses her, and she smiles, an odd smile without any hint off warmth to it. “They feel…Unheard. At least some of them do. Disrespected.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “I haven’t, no.” She frowns and shakes her head, taking a swallow of her beer. “I’ve been fairly out of the loop myself, unfortunately. Keep trying to meet up with peeps but it ain’t happening for various reasons.”

[Adara Mires] She smiled “Give me their names, I’m gonig to lassoed them and tied em down for you. Might actually be fun to do”She wiggle her brows

“”Seriously, I hate it happens. But I”m sure you’ll get to gather them soon. Just howl very angrily at them, they’ll get hteir butt in gear and show up” She say smiling

“Or like I said, tie em up.” She drank with a grin

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She chuckles. She seems genuinely amused by the Fury’s joke…but then, she always seems amused when there isn’t a crisis facing them that’s a matter of life-or-death (or life-or-Amy). “It’s less their fault then mine. Too much shit percolating around this old brain and around this old ass. If you wanna tell Kristen at some point that I wanna chat with her, that’d be cool.”

[Wyrmbreaker] There’s a sort of answering smile that flickers humorlessly across Wyrmbreaker’s face. “It’s this goddamn democracy thing, you know,” he says. “This idealistic notion that you’re born with a right to be heard and listened to and respected so that anyone who’s accomplished so much as surviving to age eighteen can have their voice matter. That’s not even how this country runs anymore, but that’s still what they teach in schools. That’s still what our kin, and half our cubs, believe.

“It’s not the same in the Garou Nation. It never was and never will be, not so long as there’s a war to fight. Here we earn our respect. It’s a privilege, not a birthright, and the kin have to understand that they’re bound to this law as much as we are. Kin will get respect as they earn it. Just like the Garou do.

“Who’s complaining, anyway?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] “I agree. They need to earn their respect. But some are losing hope of ever being able to.” She shrugs. “I would hesitate to name anyone in specific. But…Carter’s viewpoint is one with a lot for Kin to like. It’s a philosophy that must be nipped in the bud. And what better way of showing Kin that their opinion matters than by having a Garou to listen to and act upon their concerns?”

[Adara Mires] She nodded “I’ll tell her. Anyone else you need to contact? I see so many of us coming and going here that if I can help spread the word, I’ll be happy to help you” She say with a smile, drinking some more

“And I hope things will slow down for you a little, so you can have other things moving forward.” She wasstill leaning against the bar, watching Sarita, smiling softly

[Wyrmbreaker] There’s a flicker of tension along Wyrmbreaker’s jaw. Then he takes a drink from his water bottle, leans back on his bed until his shoulderblades touch the wall.

“What concerns?” he asks.

[Nathalie Bystrov] “Any that require the assistance of the Garou.” She shrugs. “I don’t know that there are any right now that require immediate action. But Amunet knows she can voice these concerns to me, and that I will try to help with them. And if she’s one of the leading voices of the Kin…” She shrugs.

[Kristen Burke] Speak of the devil and she appears. Well okay, she’s not a devil but she does come into the downstairs area. She’s wearing her lovely white woolen coat and her furry cap and practically glowing. Oddly, though she hasn’t just come from Derek’s. It was snowing and she was out in it. Some day, she’ll likely hate the snow along with millions of residents of the midwest but for now it is still novel and a thing to be celebrated and so she had to go out and play in it. Not that there was really any accumulation just the falling snow made her smile.

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker thinks for a moment, brow tense but not quite frowning, fingers tapping restlessly on the side of his water bottle.

“You spend a lot of your time, Nathalie, attending to the concerns of kin who have yet to prove themselves of worth to the tribe or the Nation. You’re warding Neda because she won’t go into the protection of the tribe. Now you want to also be the comments and suggestions box for a coalition of kin that have yet to accomplish anything.

“I won’t stop you if you feel this is where your talents are best used. But do you really have time to waste on this?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] “I’m not warding Neda. Not anymore. I’ve extended this beyond my time. “I don’t think it’s a waste of time. I believe that a bit of work now can avoid problems in the future. If it consumes too much of my time, then I will move on, but I believe it could be an invaluable source of information we can’t get in other ways.”

[Wyrmbreaker] A quirk of an eyebrow — a tangent, “Where’s Neda, then? Just by herself?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] “No. I’m still protecting her. But rather than just telling her that I would be protecting her and demanding information from her, I’ve made her feel that she’s the one in control.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Thanks, I appreciate it.” She’s looking up behind the bar while she drinks, and she doesn’t see Kristin come in. She sighs and cracks her neck to either side.

“So what else is new with you, Adara? Anything good?”

[Adara Mires] She shrugh “Like Isaid earlier, ntohing terribly bad nor good. I do my thing, help where I can, foughts 3 BSDs with Simoon and Janis. Had a hmmm divergence of opinion with her about collateral damage and it made me wonder if I was too soft on humans or if she stopped caring. Also..where the line is.

If you kill monters who leaves someone in pain, shock and with probably psychological sequels. Do you kill that person saying she’s weak? Or that maybe, the one barely conscious might have seen peopel shift? Or do you let them live and hope they will find strenght to survive and move on?”

Her eyes move to Kristen and she beam the young woman a smile “Hey hun, we were talknig about you a few minutes ago” She leave her bottle on the bar and give her friend a hug

“How have you been? Hanging with your guy?”

[Kristen Burke] She grins. “Good things, I hope? I’ve been good. Some yes, though not tonight. Tonight I had a date with snow! Isn’t it lovely? So pure and drifting so gently as it falls from the sky. How are you ladies?” She hugs Adara and nods at Sarita.

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas is quiet a while, his pale eyes glittering as he thinks. After a moment he sits up, capping his bottle again.

“If I understand you correctly, Nathalie,” he says quietly, “you’re trying the subtle approach. Trying to make the other party feel like they command the situation while you in reality hold the cards.

“Am I reading you right? Is that what you’re trying to do — with Neda, and with this kin coalition? Maintain control over them by letting them feel that they’re in control of the situation, and that you’re their ally?”

[Nathalie Bystrov] “Yes. Precisely.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “That’s a good, solid philosophical question.” She nods to Adara. The usually flippant Strider is thoughtful, frowning a little as she considers it. “I kind of see where she’s coming from? On the potential Veil breach, I mean. That’s the only part of her standpoint as you’re puttin’ it here that I agree with, though. We don’t cull humans. Last time we did that shit, none of your ancestors you can probably name where even twinkles in the twinkles of twinkles in their great-granpappy’s eyes.”

“And if she’s gonna try to use the Litany as an excuse…well.” She shrugs. “I ain’t no Philodox, but the Litany tells US not to suffer our people to tend our sickness. That’s personal adminition, and it has nothing to do with deciding that someone else is weak and just killing them for it. That’s some flat-out cold-hearted bullshit there. Besides, the Litany are our laws, not human laws. If we tried to apply the Litany to humans, it just wouldn’t work. Not to say we can’t hold humans to high standards, but…well, you should ask Janis if she respects the territory of the humans, and if she would accept an honorable surrender from one instead of killing them because they saw something that broke the Veil.”

“You got the right idea. The Litany isn’t an excuse for ‘Oh, a human saw us, Veil might be broken, gotta kill ’em.’ That’s the easy way out, and if you ask me–Veil got broken, then someone fucked their shit up. And they shouldn’t necessarily get to take the easy way out. I’m in agreement with you.”

Then she sees Kristen and smiles. “Hola, chica. How’s it going?”

[Kristen Burke] She looks between them with a tilt of her head as they discuss the breaking of the Veil. She’s curious but she doesn’t interrupt. Her brows furrow a bit, as she listens. She pulls her hat off and sets it on the bar and works on removing her coat, laying them on the bar after she’s done. She doesn’t have the true context and only half heard the initial question so she doesn’t really want to step in and offer an opinion that might be way out in left field.

[Adara Mires] She listen to Sarita “Thank you for taking the time to answer that seriously. I’ll have a talk with Janis about how she sees things. Time has passed, we both cooled down. So we might be able to sit and talk about it. And I agree with you about the Veil. We were in a situation where they shifted on us, we struck back. I wish we could have taken the time to be sure the woman hadn’t seen anything or remembered anything before she killed her.

What’s done is done. Sadly both might have died from their injuries before the medical care could arrive. rendering the point moot. I will check with her, in case something similar happen but the humans could be saved. I did learn a few lessons that night, about rushing in to help humans without asessing the situation better. I hope I can teach her a different lesson so we both grow wiser from that”

She smiled to both woman “Hey, you two needed to talk, so, this is me stepping out of the spotlight and aloowing you to discuss what you need” She smiled and picked up her bottle again, drinking from it

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods to Adara, though the frown is evident in her features when Adara mentions that the human in question was actually killed. That hadn’t been entirely obvious from the previous statements by the Galliard.

She looks at Kristen, who didn’t hear or just didn’t respond to the Strider’s direct greeting. So she tries again. “Hey. How you doing?”

[Wyrmbreaker] “That’s a dangerous game to play,” Wyrmbreaker observes, “built entirely on a rather fragile base of what is, stripped bare and unvarnished, a form of deceit. Your would-be pawns could turn on you viciously if they discover the truth. They’ll feel manipulated, betrayed, even if you haven’t abused your power. Or worse, they could walk all over you if you’re not careful about where you draw the lines.

“In all truth, what you’re proposing works for plenty of Shadow Lords. And in the end, I’m a pragmatist. As long as you’re not actively working against me or the war effort, as long as you’re ultimately still using what information or influence you gain in the name of sept and its unity in the face of the Wyrm, I won’t stop you from doing what you want.

“And it’s not my style, nor the style of my pack.

“I like you, Nathalie. I think you have real promise, real honor. I’m genuinely a little perplexed that someone so upfront and honest as you’ve been with me would suggest something like this. It’s not how I’d handle it; it’s not how I thought you’d handle it at all. But if you do go through with it, then we might not be the best fit for each other in terms of packing up.

“That’s not a veiled threat or a manipulation tactic. It’s just the truth, as I see it.”

[Wyrmbreaker] [whoops, change that “and it’s not my style” to a “but it’s not my style.”]

[Nathalie Bystrov] “It’s not about pawns and power, Lukas-rhya. Sometimes people can’t see what’s best for them. Look at Carter. The silly Kin repeatedly insists on threatening to draw a gun on me, when all I want is to ensure his safety.”

[Kristen Burke] “Still doing good.” She chuckles as she’s asked again. “And you?”

[Adara Mires] She pass a hand in her hair when Sarita frown and nod “Yeah, exactly” As if the woman had spoken “Simon was there, not sure if he approved or was taken by surprise.”She look up as if looknig at somethingg on hte second floor “I wonder if I should speak to LUkas, Kora or simply Janisand make sure it doesn’t hapepn again. It’ll never happen on my watch, with anyone. I got caught by surprise once. Not again”

And she shut up, for Sarita and Kristen to talk., slowly drinking her beer

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She shrugs. “M’all right, I suppose. Can’t complain.” In truth, she probably could. But now’s not the time. “Haven’t had a chance to catch up with you on that whole kin-hunting thing.”

[Wyrmbreaker] “I believe that. But I also believe in being honest. Brutally so, sometimes. I know it’s not always the best tactic; it’s not a moral judgment I’m passing on you.

“But if the kinfolk came to me with concerns and quibbles — and sooner or later, I’ll probably go to one of their meetings and say this there — then I’m going to assess how much they’ve contributed before I assess how I’m going to deal with it. The same thing goes for anyone.

“If they don’t pull their own weight, they don’t get to be coddled. And I won’t go through the trouble of pretending, either, no more than I’d go through the trouble of pretending for a cub, a cliath, a fostern, or anyone else.

“Which brings me back to my point. You do things how you want. But I’m telling you how things are — and will be — done in my pack. And if you can live with that, then by all means, run with us, see how we fit. If you can’t, I’ll honorably release you to find a pack that fits you better.”

A brief pause. “As for Carter — if he ever goes so far as to pull a gun on you, disable him and bring him to me. Whether or not a kin and his peashooter can actually damage you, an open threat on your life is unacceptable. Is corrupt. If he pulls a gun on you, that means given the chance, he’d probably pull silver on you as well.”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She nods slightly, inclining her head to the side. “Fair enough. I will take that into consideration. Thank you, Lukas-rhya. As for Carter…I will do my best to disable him should he pull a gun on me.”

[Kristen Burke] “Mm.” She nods. “Well, Dr. Gladecu helped me confirm that it’s most likely Black Spiral Dancers that we’re dealing with, using dark gifts to make them invisible. Wind also mentioned Lune teaching a gift that plays tricks with light. After talking to Stefan, I suspect it may have been a reference to a Silver Fang gift that allows for the garou to shine with a silvery light that would brighten dark corners. I have the knife with the blood of one of the creatures on it and can use Rite of the Questing Stone to track at least a general area of the location. Joey and some others were going to do some tracking as well so I believe we’re going to launch a two pronged search to help narrow the area a bit more.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She listens, nodding a little bit, and then grins when Kristen mentions Joey and tracking. “Oh, cool. Well, then, I’m in the loop, I guess. ’cause I was planning on doing some tracking with Joey on something, and I gotta assume that’s it.”

[Adara Mires] She listened to everything her roomate was saying. She knew part of it but not about Joey’s expedition. Maybe she should talk to the Rotagar about joigning. After all her last scout mission didn’t go too badly. Well, she’ll try to reach the young woman soon. If not, well there will be other opportunities. She wasn’t worried about that. A lot of things seems to happen in this city after all.

She drank from her bottle, watching them

[Kyle] got to bail again. mother in law just arrived so time to be sociable ­čÖé catch you all later I hope
to Adara Mires, Kristen Burke, Nathalie Bystrov, Sarita Ecos de la Risa, Wyrmbreaker

[Kristen Burke] She nods and smiles. “Well, perfect then. Are there any Silver Fangs among the group that is tracking do you know?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Dunno, to be honest. So far, I just know of me and Joey. She’s organizing the whole thing. Did you tell her one would be useful?”

[Kristen Burke] “Not yet.” She shook her head. “Will you be talking to her soon? If so the gift is called Lambent Flame.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods. “Cool. I’ll ring her up, I’ve got ‘er number.”

A little smile. “We’ll get it sorted out.”

[Adara Mires] She finish her bottle and put ut down, still listening. She ordered herself another beer and some hot cider for Kristen, handing the Theurge her drink with a smile. She drank from her bottle “Well if you need another person, I could join the party” She say to Sarita

[Wyrmbreaker] For the second time tonight, Lukas is silent a while. He looks at the Cliath; looks long and hard. A different sort of stare, this time. Less critical. More curious. Deeper, perhaps.

In the end, he takes a sip from his bottle, twists the cap on and lowers it to the ground as he stands to see her out.

“We’re not often taught truth is the best,” he says quietly. “But then, our teachings come down from thousands, tens of thousands of years ago. And if the Tribe has one strength above all else, it’s our adaptability. We obey evolution. We follow what works; abandon what doesn’t.

“Think about it, Nathalie. Let me know what you decide.”

[Kristen Burke] She nods. “Thank you. And I’m certain we will. I’m hoping this one is down to a track and root out the taint situation. Hopefully it will be pretty cut and dry.” Her face lights up as Adara brings her the cider. “Thank you!”

[Nathalie Bystrov] She nods, slightly. “I will. Thank you for your time, Lukas-rhya.” She inclines her head agian,then makes her way out. ((just saw the time and wow, it’s bed time for me. g’night all))

[Wyrmbreaker] [i’d love to stay and play more, but my other scene’s getting intense! later guys — i’ll be in chilltank]

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Well, I’m not really the party planner on this one, Adara.” She smiles a bit. “And things can get a bit wacky if you got too many people organizing. Everyone brings the same party favors, you get into knockdown, drag-out fights about whether the music should be the latest French House tracks or mashups of Katy Perry and Ice-T.” She pauses. “For the record…ALWAYS go with interexchangable, manufactured pop star pop wrapped up in with the uncensored, extended track of ‘Cop Killer.’ These are serious words to live by.”

She could be deadly serious, but for the grin in her eyes. “So yeah, I’m not gonna be grinding up on Joey’s Kool-Aid. In a metaphorical ~or~ phyiscal sense. But I’ll give you her number.”

[Adara Mires] She nodded to Sarita “Thank you. AndI should’ve been clearer. I sohuld asked you to tell Joey if she need someone else. And I know what you mean. I had this kind of situation when we went out with Hunter, Simon, Joey and and others. Joey was mission leader then there was discussion if we should follow her, her Alpha or the Wymrfoe. We wasted quite some time on this.

Though to be honest, in retrospect, it wasn’t too bad. Kept me from hauling body parts like crazy for some time.”

She drank from her bottle “And to be honest, I like my stuff old school. No maship up, plain old Ice-T”She say with a smile

[Adara Mires] (*no mashups..)

[Kristen Burke] “Mash-up…um, is Iced Tea a band?” And the Theurge displays her less than world saavy music knowledge.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She nods to Adara and writes down Joey’s number on a cocktail napkin, passing it over. “Give her a call.”

Then Kristen professes to have no idea who Ice-T is, and she blinks. “Oh, Dios m├şo. You’re kidding.”

[Kristen Burke] She blushes a bit and shakes her head. “I’m afraid I’m not very familiar with a lot of the more popular music. ”

[Adara Mires] She smiled to Sarita “Thanks”

She laughed at Kristen’s question “Ice-T isan old school rapper turned tv and movie star now hun. And mashups are went you take a song, use only the music and put the lyrics of another performer on it. Sometimes it makes no sense, other times..it’s bearable. I mean, eminem with ramstein works. Britney Spears and Insane Clown Possee..not so much”

She smiled and drank, putting Joey’s number in her jeans pocket

[Kristen Burke] The examples go quite over her head but she seems to understand the concept. “Oh, I think I understand. Some types of music just do not mesh well together.” She stretches a bit. “Mmm, but I think I should get some sleep. I will chat with you two later.” She finishes off the cider that Adara had brought her before standing. Wasting good alcohol would be a sin.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Yeah, me too. I got a bed calling my name, and I was hoping to catch up some more with Amy tomorrow.” She nods to them both. “Have a good one, you too.”

[Kristen Burke] “Good nigth Sarita. It was good seeing you.” She smiles and waves. ((And I have a bed calling my name…night guys! ­čÖé ))

[Adara Mires] waved at Sarita “Have a good night”

She took her beer and went up with Kristen “Wait for me hun. I”m coming woth you. And Ki is still sleeping on the floor, again” She say with a shake of her head, moving upstairs with her roomie

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] A little smile to both of them and makes her way out.

She’s Back From Vegas

[Amunet Knezevic] She picked a bar. Why a bar? Two words.

Bar burgers.

She’s settled at the bar proper having gotten there early, hair up in a ponytail, wearing a tank top and jeans like usual.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] The door pushes open, and inside she walks. With the duster and the boots (and, Amunet is sure, the gun hidden on her), she might well look like an outlaw walking into an Old West saloon. She gives a quick glance around, though her eyes do go to the bar first. She smiles a little and then crosses the bar, sidling up to her sister.

“Funny meetin’ you here like this.” She grins as she sits down, lighting up.

[Amunet Knezevic] She laughs a little, shoulder bumping Sarita’s when she sits. “Yeah. I ordered for you.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Just as long as you didn’t ask for extra Guatemalan insanity sauce or whatever that shit was in Austin. Worst practical joke ever.” She smiles, the shoulder bump returned. “How you doin’, chica?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Best one ever, you mean.” She waves to the bartender for beers, nodding a little “I’m doing good. How’s Kool and the gang?”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Kickin’ it.” She exhales a drag of smoke, resting her elbows against the bar. “Things are pretty good. How about you? Vegas was fun? I wanna hear all about it.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Vegas was fun” She nods, playing with the end of her ponytail. “We’re probably going to go back when we’ve got more than a weekend. Lots to see and shit.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] A little nod. “Nice. But seriously, you gotta give me more’n that. Gimme details, bitch.” She gives Amy a grin.

[Amunet Knezevic] She laughs again, head tilting with a devilish grin.

“Really? You want details about what we did in Vegas, where we went just after getting mated? Really? Answer carefully.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] Her nose wrinkles, even as her eyes glitter with amusement. “Well, I’m not looking for in-depth tales of bedroom gymnastics, no. I’m talking about ~outside~ the bed-breaking activities.”

[Amunet Knezevic] She grins, then gets quiet for a minute. “He dropped three hundred bucks in one bet.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] She blinks. “Wait, HOW much? Are you fuckin’ kidding?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “I know, right? I’m so fucking out of my league here”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Or you hit the big-time.” It’s said as a joke. “You got a sugar daddy. That’s awesome.” She winks at Amy and bumps into her lightly.

A moment passes and she looks over. “In all seriousness, so far so good? He’s not, like, bein’ weird or anything, is he?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “He hasn’t been weird at all. No fucked up demands, no watching me like a hawk, nothing. Everything is totally like it was before.”

Which pretty obviously creeps her out.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “And this is a bad thing?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “No. God, no. I mean, it’s like the total opposite of what I always thought it would be. Part of me is just waiting for the other shoe to drop or something.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “That’s ’cause you think that it should drop, maybe.” She smiles and shrugs. “Don’t freak yourself out, Ames. Worrying because there’s nothing to worry about isn’t usually all that advisable, y’know?”

She takes her beer when it arrives, taking a drink. “But he’s good to you? Everything’s cool as far as that goes?” She looks over, watching Amy at that.

[Amunet Knezevic] She leans into her again “He’s really good to me, Sar. I swear.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Okay.” She wraps an arm around her sister’s shoulders, squeezing. “You know I’m still gonna look out for you, even if he’s the one with the claim. That shit don’t break bonds of blood.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “I know.” She settles into the squeeze, head on Sarita’s shoulder” Poor fucker if he ever does anything to me. He’ll have you and ‘Mano on his ass.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Damn skippy.” She grins a little, then nods. “And okay, I’ll bite. Who’s playin’ the role of Brother Dearest in this little sketch comedy.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Hunter. We got shit figured out after the Gathering. He’s going to stop being an asshole, and I’m going to stop trying to fuck up a perfectly good friendship.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Oh, cool.” She nods. “Well, I’m glad. He may not be my biggest fan on the planet, but I’m glad you two are cool.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “He doesn’t like fucking anybody, including himself most days.” There’s an affection to it though, and she’s clearly at ease with him now.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] A faint smile. “Yeah…I kinda got that feeling from him.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Pain in my fucking ass” She shakes her head and drinks her beer. “Everything is fucking working out here, Sar. You got a pack, I’m settling down. Jesus fuck.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Yeah…big surprise, it’s actually workin’ out somehow.” A little nod and a brief smile. “Who knew?”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Not me, that’s for fucking sure. All that bullshit in Austin could’a been skipped if we just came here instead.”

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] “Timing woulda been off though. You always gotta get that timing just perfect.”

[Amunet Knezevic] “Yeah, I guess. John only got here in February, so that wouldn’t have happened. Stefan is new here too. Fuck me.” The burgers come, loaded with bacon and cheese and salt and enough cholesterol to kill a weaker person.

[Sarita Ecos de la Risa] [[Fade!]]

Previous Older Entries